Thread: Nixa, MO

IAFF3904

Thumbs up Nixa, MO

Nixa is taking apps, must have FF1&2 and EMT or Paramedic. Starting pay is ~$30,000 with incentives for Paramedics. Let me know if you have any questions. Great town, great Chief, and great crews. Nixa is about 5 miles south of Springfield.

MembersZone Subscriber

any idea how many they are hiring? do they have als trucks? how is their training? currently EMT B, can i gat a medic lisence down there? i have been applying all over. just looking for a place to settle.

IAFF3904

Default Nixa

Yeah, there are two schools that you can go to to obtain your medic, St. Johns and OTC. Training is a big part of our daily duties, and the department allows paid time off to go to classes offerred by the state and MUFRTI, summer and winter fire school. Check out the website www.nixafire.org, we currently have 5 Paramedics and we are a nontransport department. Its a rapidly grow city, and its about 30 mins from the lakes. Currently they are wanting to hire two and the list will be good for a year.

Forum Member

Hey Devondual, I have a few questions. I have put in for the Capt. spot, can you give me any clue on the written test, the PAT, and the Captains interview. Meaning what do I need to study for the written and interviews. And have you heard how many have applied for the Captains spot for now. I have heard not very many is that true. Thanks

IAFF3904

Default Nixa

Quote Originally Posted by truckie3 View Post
    Hey Devondual, I have a few questions. I have put in for the Capt. spot, can you give me any clue on the written test, the PAT, and the Captains interview. Meaning what do I need to study for the written and interviews. And have you heard how many have applied for the Captains spot for now. I have heard not very many is that true. Thanks
    Well, I'm just a firefighter so I don't have too much insight on the CO testing part. I can tell you about 12 people testing for CO, and ~ 30-40 for firefighter. Handling a complaint, IC, In and out basket, and assessment center are what you need to focus on. The PAT is a easy, don't worry about that, and the written test is over FF1 &2, and first responder stuff (just re-read your FF1&2 book). Are you a medic? Where are you from? PM me and I'll give you my email and get you ahold of my Capt.

Forum Member

Thanks for the info. No I'm not a medic. I will PM you sonn with the other info.

Forum Member

Hey Devondual my email is rep205@hotmail.com

Thread Information