firefighter

Default cnn showing cpr in progress

working 3rd shift right now and was just watching cnn on the med flight crash. they had un-edited video come in of firefighters doing chest compressions on a patient. anyone else think thats a little messed up for that persons family??? maybe its just me but it seems a little reckless of cnn to show that.

MembersZone Subscriber

Was this from the crash in Flagstaff, Az?
    "Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all"

Forum Member

You actually expect decency and ethics from the modern media?

If it bleeds, it leads man.

REcall that CNN is the same bunch of morons that on October 4, 1993 made a conscious decision to air footage from Mogadishu, Somalia of some of the 18 Army Rangers and Delta Operators killed being dragged through the streets with thier faces and identifying artifacts visible.

Family members saw this before the Army had notified them of their deaths - and CNN knew families had not been notified.

Not surprised at all - and I don't watch CNN for this reason. Not that I watch much cable news anyway.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

MembersZone Subscriber

It's unfortunately all about the money.

Recently a local online newspaper had video of a well known medic whom died recently. The video showed other medic and EMT's doing CPR on this person.

To me that was very disrespectful to not only the family but the medic as well and tasteless.

Thankfully though after a little bit of nagging and complaining (maybe my wife is on to something...lol) they did edit the video to not show that scene.
    "Courage is the resistance to fear, the mastery of fear, not the lack of fear." Mark Twain
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." Uknown

Forum Member

It's kinda easy to figure why CNN would run that footage.

Fox News Prime viewers: 1,834,000 average
    CNN Prime viewers: 862,000 average

Prime being from 1700-2300

Forum Member

I truly believe that people are much more morbid and complacent now than what was 30 years ago, the envelope is being pushed daily and with telephones equipped with cameras people are able to capture more live action now than ever before.

firefighter

i agree with you about the morbidity. the reporter said that they were just putting out all the footage without looking at any of it first before they played the clip. im glad that some of us feel the same about how disrespectful it is. i can allmost bet that that patient died. it looked like last ditch compressions, none of the personel were really hustleing.

Early Adopter

Quote Originally Posted by lexfd5 View Post

And you don't think Fox News runs questionable video from time to time?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by cozmosis View Post
    And you don't think Fox News runs questionable video from time to time?
    Funny you should point that out. Just this morning I watched Fox put video of rescuers doing CPR on what I think was a drowing victim. I didn't catch but a quick blurb of the story, but it had something to do with someone (or multiple someones) getting caught in a riptide. I thought the same thing about it as I did when I read this thread about CNN doing it; disgusting and disrespectful.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by slowjoe1 View Post
    working 3rd shift right now and was just watching cnn on the med flight crash. they had un-edited video come in of firefighters doing chest compressions on a patient. anyone else think thats a little messed up for that persons family??? maybe its just me but it seems a little reckless of cnn to show that.
    You complain about raw footage of cpr being done? Hey CNN (aka-communist news network), is the same network that was giving the army plans (operations) away a few years ago and got some of our serviceman killed. I have no regard for that bunch of pinkcos!! I am glad they wasn't in business during the Vietnam War!!

MembersZone Subscriber

I don't think it's just CNN, it's all news, TV and newspaper.

Blood and guts sells and gets ratings, doesn't matter if it was their mother, if it's dramatic, they show it.

rat bastards, all of em.
    Jason Knecht
    Assistant Chief
    Altoona Fire Dept.
    Altoona, WI

IACOJ - Director of Cheese and Whine
    http://www.cheddarvision.tv/
    EAT CHEESE OR DIE!!

Forum Member

It is live TV and the First Amendment, things we have to accept in a free society. The positives they provide in the long run far out weigh these little unfortunate incidents in the short term.

USA!
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by lexfd5 View Post

People are tired of hearing the left wing, liberal democrat views of CNN (Clinton News Network.)
    BE A BACKBONE - NOT A JAWBONE

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by DennisTheMenace View Post
    It is live TV and the First Amendment, things we have to accept in a free society. The positives they provide in the long run far out weigh these little unfortunate incidents in the short term.

USA!
    I agree with you to a point.....get the story, show the dramatic video but don't show anything that could identify the victim to the family such as showing faces, plate numbers, addresses, etc. Having family get notified by CNN that mom just died in a horrible car crash is not the proper way of notification.

Like I said, I am all for the 1st Amendment rights but have some respect too.
    Jason Knecht
    Assistant Chief
    Altoona Fire Dept.
    Altoona, WI

IACOJ - Director of Cheese and Whine
    http://www.cheddarvision.tv/
    EAT CHEESE OR DIE!!

Thread Information