Thread: Ridealong

Forum Member

Exclamation Ridealong

i am going on a ridealong with my paid department that i live in. I am a explorer with the next city over, and have my own turnouts. I was gaven permission to bring my turnouts on my ridealong to wear on calls, but im not sure what calls i should wear them on. I know some departments wear just pants on medicals or regular TC's, some wear full PPE to everything. What do YOU wear on different calls? I need to know what I should wear on what calls.

Forum Member

Ask the chief what calls to wear them on. or just put put them on for the same calls that you would in your explorer dept.

Forum Member

go through your chain of command and find out what your sop says. If all else fails its better to have on too much than too little. i currently help run my dept's cadet program and i am always telling them to bring their gear along just in case. if its a medical throw it in the truck with you. if it's a fire call then you have better have everything on unless otherwise stated by a command officer. like i said befor, get with your chain of command and see what they say. i started as a cadet several years ago and i would do all over agian if i had to go back. i wish you good luck in the future to come.

Thread Information