Thread: Denver!

Smile Denver!

It finally is happening, after the longest wait of my life, i opened my mail box Saturday and there it was. I'm moving on to the next step, now I know by no means does this mean Im anywhere close to being on, but its a step in the right direction. I'm thrilled Denver is my dream department, I have the next test august 8th, the stability test I think, then the poly hopefully all of that goes good and I move on to the CPAT. Good luck to all of you too!

MembersZone Subscriber

Smile

Nice job, Adamc299. I too am moving on in the process in Denver. My written suitability test is Aug. 7. with poly and interview following. Good luck, maybe we will see each other down the road.

MembersZone Subscriber

did you get a letter in the mail or was this through e mail

i got a large background packet through the mail. A couple weeks earlier I got a letter sent to my email about preparing for the CPAT test...

MembersZone Subscriber

Received a large packet in the mail. Basically a background packet.

MembersZone Subscriber

We have all the cpat stuff in and the proctors will be ready. We took the proctor class last week. We all did it in 107 degree heat. The "official" temp needs to be under 94 degrees. The psych is the standard type. 150 questions, a lot repeat themselves. Show up , relax, be mostly honest and you should do fine. Any other questions?

RB

MembersZone Subscriber

Has anyone heard anything lately. The online update of the status of your application says I passed the suitibility assesment, but I haven't heard from anyone at the commision regarding the next step

MembersZone Subscriber

I have not heard anything either. I figured that they would be doing background calls sometime this month, but everyone that I placed on that part of the application has not had a single call. I can't even get the online status check right now, it simply goes to FAQ with every link. I guess it's gonna have to be a phone call to get more information about the process.

MembersZone Subscriber

Got the link for the status check to work finally. It is just the same information about the original written test. The one in front of the computer for initial testing. There has not been an update since I was invited back for the second phase of the process.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Passed Background and others

Alright, I passed the background, suitability, poly and psychological interview testing for DFD. Anyone else here get the same news, and the invite to CPAT testing?

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Denver FD

3 FF's from my department are in the exact place you are...I ask them on a weekly basis what's new in the process. They just state the same thing you did.

2 are paid drivers and 1 is a volunteer. Interesting to see if they all make it on. DFD is a great department.

Stay Safe

Forum Member

DFD is an awesome dept. Good luck folks.

Forum Member

I just got the background packet in the mail this past weekend. So, I guess they are sending more people through.

Forum Member

Any of you heard any more on this? I gotta say that DFD's process has got me completely confused. I just went through the CPAT last weekend but heard that they already had and completed an academy from my list. Anyone have any info?

Thread Information