Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default Colorado DRCOG test

Does anyone know what is considered a "good" score for this test? I recently scored 88 and wondered if that will be high enough to get called by some departments when they start compiling lists. I know that the certs you have can also be a factor.

Thanks.

MembersZone Subscriber

I had an 87 and I was invited to test and interview at 4 departments.
    I also called and talk to the people at the drcog place and they said the highest score at that time was a 94, so an 87 was pretty good.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by SPARKYMN View Post
    I also called and talk to the people at the drcog place and they said the highest score at that time was a 94, so an 87 was pretty good.
    What kind of certifications do you have? EMT B-I-P or FF I or II??

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks for the info - that is encouraging. How long after the test was it before depts started to call you?

I have EMT-B, IV, and private ambulance experience, so hopefully that will help.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default ok maybe im dumb but

where were the scores posted...i went to the site and could not find where the scores were listed at

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by cfish3321 View Post
    where were the scores posted...i went to the site and could not find where the scores were listed at
    You need to log back into your online profile on the DRCOG site. Once you're in, there is a link on the left hand menu where you can view your score.

Quote Originally Posted by RichFog1 View Post
    Thanks for the info - that is encouraging. How long after the test was it before depts started to call you?

I have EMT-B, IV, and private ambulance experience, so hopefully that will help.
    Departments will contact you when they are in a position to hire. Usually look near the last quarter or first quarter of each year. Larger departments will tend to hire near academy dates.

I scored a 89%, but I still need to finish EMT school. I have all other vital certs just pending on the last.
    "Life is tough, it's even tougher when you're stupid"
    -John Wayne-

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by RichFog1 View Post

It was at all different times throughout the year, but the first one was about 3 or 4 mo. after the test. At that time all I had for certs was FF I, FF II, EMT-B and haz-mat ops.

It was at all different times throughout the year, but the first one was about 3 or 4 mo. after the test. At that time all I had for certs was FF I, FF II, EMT-B and haz-mat ops.
    I have a quick question for you, SPARKYMN. Did you get your haz-mat ops automatically with your FF II, or was that something you had to take separately? I was thinking of taking a haz-mat ops class, but then someone told me that I didn't need to since I already have FF II.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    I have a quick question for you, SPARKYMN. Did you get your haz-mat ops automatically with your FF II, or was that something you had to take separately? I was thinking of taking a haz-mat ops class, but then someone told me that I didn't need to since I already have FF II.
    The state cert. test for FF II and Hazmat Opps are together, but the classes through the tech college are different classes all together. Some colleges are starting to combine the classes together. There is no way I would have passed the state cert for FF II/Hazmat Opps if I did not take the Hazmat class.
    I would call your state cert. Board to find out what you need to do.
    Good Luck!

I spoke with DRCOG and they informed me that the median score was 85% and the top score was 97%. I scored an 89%, and hadn't handed my release forms in and received an email I needed to get that in so they could release my information to the various departments. Could be routine, but would assume if I scored a 75% they probably wouldn't be asking for that. I did find this test to be a bit more difficult than Denver's, although many of the questions were the same. I scored almost a 93% with Denver, so go figure. I think I talked myself out of some of the questions I thought might have been wrong on that test that appeared on the DRCOG. Also having another 40 or so questions on DRCOG didn't help either. Good luck to you all!

Thread Information