Default Fire/Rescue intern

I will be interning at my township fire/rescue dept. for my senior year in high school. This will basically count as a school class for me. I am already getting to know all of the gear on the truck (as I am already at the station often). I also have gone to observe a training burn. What type of things should I try to get involved with there in a couple months? I know I can't do some things but I will be able to go on some calls and help somewhat as well. So what should I try to get into?

Quote Originally Posted by bradghtfr View Post
    I will be interning at my township fire/rescue dept. for my senior year in high school. This will basically count as a school class for me. I am already getting to know all of the gear on the truck (as I am already at the station often). I also have gone to observe a training burn. What type of things should I try to get involved with there in a couple months? I know I can't do any thing but I will be able to go on some calls and not help. So what should I try to get into?
    now its corrected

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MoCoBro View Post
    now its corrected
    You have now made yourself look like a total ***. Carry On.
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

Forum Member

Eyes open, mouth shut and don't do anything unless you are told to do so. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by ndvfdff33 View Post
    You have now made yourself look like a total ***. Carry On.
    glad to know im not a partial *** (_)o(_)

to bradghtfr get a little training ask some questions and dont make any trouble (paper work) for the officers.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bradghtfr View Post
    I will be interning at my township fire/rescue dept. for my senior year in high school. This will basically count as a school class for me. I am already getting to know all of the gear on the truck (as I am already at the station often). I also have gone to observe a training burn. What type of things should I try to get involved with there in a couple months? I know I can't do some things but I will be able to go on some calls and help somewhat as well. So what should I try to get into?
    good question. check ur state laws and sog's and see if u can get into a basic firefigher class. If the laws won't let u certify (like they did for me) see if the instructor will let u sit in on the class to gain the knowledge (that's what i did). You can't go around telling ppl that you've been through basic, but when the time comes that u can, you'll already have the knowledge. email me @ rescueman4403@hotmail.com if u have any questions

Forum Member

If the Department that your a intern at or a nearby Department has a explorer/cadet/junior program then try to get into that. Otherwise just be professional with your intern job/class and get a insight into the fire service as much as possible.

Thread Information