• Matt you are wrong.

5 55.56%
  • The Chief should be relieved of her duties

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    MembersZone Subscriber

I agree you are lucky to only be demoted and put on probation. I would have pulled your license imediately. There is no excuse for practicing above your EMS level. The Chief probably should have acted faster in doing so if one of my guys pulled a stunt like that it would have been the last one.

You say you have broad shoulders and admit you screwed up but you sure don't act it. Its people like you that give the rest of us a bad name. NO EXCUSES learn your job, know your job and limitations. I would move on and get out of the service for the good of the department and yourself.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by matthewpreston View Post
    Like I said this whole issue is broader then I can write here, but Being in the groove is not an excuse, I agree. It was one of those Oh Sh-- moments what am I doing. It is highly unlikely that the PT would have had any adverse reactions to my treatment as the pT was perscribed the treatment anyway. Plus the PT benefited from the treatment

Secondly, when I say I was out of town... I was but I was still in contact with her via e-mails etc. I have broad shoulders and I can take the heat from anyones comments, and maybe I am looking for some sympathy, but I believe the two issue's to be seperate in nature. Hell yes she knew and held this info for later use, you must understand before I ran against her we were close friends, inviting her to dinner at my house, etc. I think she just took me running against her too personally

Hey, bring on any comments I can take it.
    As a basic you aren't allowed to "patient assist" albuterol in your state since you said they were prescribed it anyway?
    "...When you walk through the fire, you will not be scorched, Nor will the flame burn you." Isaiah 43:2

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Catch22 View Post
    To be honest, I'm surprised it went past the agency's medical director and to the state level.

Another thing that's bother me: Why the hell does your chief have to know you're on probation with IDPH? Did they pull your license during your probation? If not, I don't see what it's any of her business.
    I'd bet both of our next paychecks that the chief called IDPH herself after he announced his intention to run against her.

Doesn't make me any less likely to yank his card if I were the state or his medical director, but still.
    Last edited by emt161; 01-19-2009 at 06:17 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by matthewpreston View Post
    It is obvious to me you guys are more into attempting to be Mr. Perfect, but somehow I bet all of you are far from it. All I wanted was some comments on the big picture and all you can do is repeat that I screwed up (I already admitted this in my orginal posting) I guess this goes far beyond what can be posted on a blog such as this. You guys have no idea of what goes on around my Dept on a daily basis, and I wouldn't expect you to. But for you to sit there and hammer me on what I already know shows your one sided ignorance.... but thanks for your replies anyway.
    Translation: "I aired out my own dirty laundry hoping for positive responses because basically I wanted attention and sympathy. I didn't get any of that, so now I'm going to take my ball and go home."

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread Information