MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Thumbs up "Safe Boating" Practices????

Heheheheee Only in Canada, eh? LOL

Sailors do it better: survey. And we in B.C. on water most often

Katherine Dedyna, Times Colonist Published: Sunday, July 13, 2008

Is every boat a love boat?

Probably not. But a national survey of 1,006 Canadians by Angus Reid Strategies last month suggests that boating enthusiasts are more likely to feel ship-shape about their sex lives than non-boaters.

And B.C. residents are the most likely to have been on a boat at least once in the past year -- 75 per cent compared to a low of 26 per cent in Quebec, according to the survey commissioned by the National Marine Manufacturers Association Canada.

Almost two in three boaters (63 per cent) reported satisfying love lives, compared to just over half (54 per cent) of landlubbers.

Those who had never been on a boat reported the least satisfaction, while those who went boating 10 or more times a year were the most satisfied.

"I'd have to agree with them," says longtime boater Greg Diemert, past commissioner of the Vancouver Island South Division of the Canadian Power and Sail Squadrons, who says boating offers a lot of opportunities for intimacy.

"It's great at any time and it keeps you young. I partake in it whenever I can."

Boating makes it easy to get away from it all in close quarters, lulled by nature and silence.

Boating also leads to women seeking all-over suntans in secluded waters, lots of time to talk to a partner, and a chance to discover erotic passages while reading and sipping a glass of wine. Not to mention that movement of the water.

"Then Bob's your uncle," Diemert says.

He has rowed over to another boat in his dinghy only to find other boaters making waves who gamely respond: "We'll be with you in a little while!"

But as a man who still does safety training, he notes: "You're not going to be running the boat when this is going down."

The survey also suggested that left-wingers were the most likely to make out on boat. Sixteen per cent of NDP supporters, followed by 15 per cent of Bloc Québécois supporters, outmanoeuvred on-board Liberals and Conservatives, who scored only six and five per cent respectively.

"I can't explain that one -- I wouldn't even venture a guess," laughs Lindsay J. Rennie, marketing director of Discover Boating for the marine manufacturers' association.

The survey is a first for Canada, devised to grab attention for the overall benefits of the boating lifestyle, he says. Participation in boating has been on the rise -- and includes more than six million in Canada -- but recreation spending is something that gets curtailed when consumer confidence is low, he adds.

Other survey findings:

Percentage of boaters who believe the activity reduces stress: 68

Percentage of men who like to fish while on a boat: 71

Percentage of women who like to sun-bathe on a boat: 65

Age group most likely to go fishing on a boat: 18-34 at 43 per cent

The margin of error in the survey was 3.1 per cent, 19 out of 20.

kdedyna@tc.canwest.com

© Times Colonist (Victoria) 2008

I thought about posting a poll, but then ... knowing you lot and your imaginations!
    Last edited by MalahatTwo7; 07-13-2008 at 03:14 PM.

Forum Member

I met a fellow last summer for whom this seduction tactic did not work.
    We met when I saw him waving a shirt at passing towboats who were blowing their whistles at his boat to warn of the danger they were in by being in the channel.
    I advised the pilot I was working for of the situation so we went to help and learned that the boat had run out of fuel.
    I told the pilot of my boat that we had all the trash pump gas out on a bunch of barges pumping them dry but the boat we were adding barges to said that they could spare a couple cans' worth.
    We took the boat in tow and I was convincing the guy that a fiberglass Crownline hull rubbing against steel was reason enough to put out his fenders. I started asking about his boat whe I saw her.
    5'0 if that,Asian with long black hair glistening in the sun and a black bikini small enough that there was more cotton in the top of an aspirin bottle with enough of well tanned this and that showing that I wanted a look.
    I put my eyes and tongue back in my head and asked him"How much fuel does the boat hold?"
    "I dunno" was the reply as his date's face began darkening.(Uh oh,this doesn't look good,does it?)
    "Sez I,"So how much did you have on when y'all headed out?"to which he replied"I dunno".
    At that,her eyes started burning such a slow fury that I started to go to the fire pump to charge the lines jist in case.
    We get alongside our customer boat and all hands had turned out to watch the proceedings.
    The towboat's Captain had to stay in his wheelhouse to keep the tow against the bank but he saw enough that he commented over our VHF working channel that "In 30 years on the river,I ain't NEVER seen it take 7 guys to hand off one little five gallon can of gas to another boat before."
    The girl heard this and she was already pixxed enough that instead of revealing what the bikini covered as our reward,she actually put on a t shirt that hung down below her knees.
    Thanks a lot,"Skipper".The boys'll be up there directly to commit mutiny on the Inland Waterways.
    As they rode off,she just sat there,looking straight ahead and didn't wave.He didn't wave either but who cares about him.
    SHE was hot!

MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

I guess y'all have never been up the Columbia River during the Canadian spawning....eerrr... I mean during the Portland Rose Festival in June then eh? 12 hour tranist up river...... oooooohhhhhhhhhh soooo many "obstacles" to navigate around.

Who says that 4700 ton warships can't stop on a dime and go into reverse in less than a boat length? Ya know, some days I really do miss working for the Navy.
    Last edited by MalahatTwo7; 07-14-2008 at 01:53 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MalahatTwo7 View Post
    I guess y'all have never been up the Columbia River during the Canadian spawning....eerrr... I mean during the Portland Rose Festival in June then eh? 12 hour tranist up river...... oooooohhhhhhhhhh soooo many "obstacles" to navigate around.

Who says that 4700 ton warships can't stop on a dime and go into reverse in less than a boat length? Ya know, some days I really do miss working for the Navy.
    No,but my tin can left Miami/Ft Lauderdale one time and a sailboat was coming into the channel.
    Several of the women took the time to remove their bikinis.
    I never saw this before but up on the port bridgewing,three officers and the QMC fought the SMs for the Big Eyes for a closer look.

Thread Information