Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default E-One HP 95 Mid Mount Aerial

Our department is looking at purchasing a new tower ladder and we are strongly leaning towards the E-One HP 95 Mid Mount, can anyone give me some insight into the vehicle.

If you have any words of wisdom about E-One, their quality & service, if that is a practicle aerial device, etc....

If you have an HP 95, have you had any problems with it, any bugs so too speak?

Thanks

Forum Member

Dealer service, this is what every truck comes down to. Where is your dealer do they have onsite service both routine and emergency. If you breakdown on Friday are out of luck until Monday when you can bring it to the shop? Demand quality service and you will in the end (most of the time) get a good truck!

Why are leaning to Eone who else have you looked at?

Forum Member

Service goes a long long long way towards a company, Depending who you talk to regarding e-one, you'll get mixed messages (Even here) I'll keep my comments to a minimum but there are a few great Mid-Mounts Available right now from a whole slew of Manufacturers.

Good Luck

CFT

Forum Member

I know of two departments that have them. One in Kansas and one in Missouri. All I will say is give them a call and ask them about their trucks and your second post will probably be. What companies besides E-one make MM platforms?

City of Merriam Fire Department 913-322-5530

South Metro 816-331-3008

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by baja320 View Post
    What companies besides E-one make MM platforms?
    To name a few

Smeal

Ferrara

American LaFrance (Until they're gone there in business)

Stuphen

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianFyrTrks View Post
    To name a few

Smeal

Ferrara

American LaFrance (Until they're gone there in business)

Stuphen(I think this is spelled: Sumpthen)
    Toss in a few more:

Aerialscope/Seagrave

Crimson

Seagrave

Toyne

KME

Forum Member

Post What about the big ( OVAL )

" Pierce " 95' Mm

Forum Member

Keep in mind that many of those mentioned above use RK or Smeal aerials.
    BE A BACKBONE - NOT A JAWBONE

Default E-One HP 95 Mid Mount Aerial

Contact Perth Amboy, NJ......ask them how they have liked theirs.

http://www.ci.perthamboy.nj.us/html/...epartment.html

MembersZone Subscriber

We have an e-one 95ft rear mount that seems to be out of service more than it's in service.

I understand that fire apparatus have the same competitions among firefighters as the ford/chevy/dodge dilemma, but given the choice, I would never buy an apparatus that relys so heavily on electronics from a manufacturer that is notorious for electrical problems.

We just took our e-one out of service tonight for a broken bolt that mounts the hydraulic lifting cylinder to the aerial.

We've had good luck with Pierce.

Good Luck and shop around..................

Forum Member

Default I Agree

I would have to agree with Jplas577. We have two 2005 E-one pumps, a 2007 E-one pump, a 2001 75' E-one Quint and a 2005 E-one brush rig mounted on an International chassis. They all have the same electrical nightmares among other things with one of them being major. We just took delivery of another pump and it was not an E-one. I would be very cautious with purchasing E-one. Now if only one of the above pumps had issues i would understand your bound to get one with that many in service, but they all have the same problem.

MembersZone Subscriber

Conversly, our E-One 95' Ladder Tower hasn't missed a beat. Bean going great since 2001 aside from minor maintenance issues.

Anyone cane build a rig. Anyone can run a rig. It comes down to a dealer who can AND is willing to service the rig that makes the difference.

And the Pierce aerials in our area have far more problems than the E-One aerials it seems.
    Stay low and move it in.

Be safe.

Larry

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by baja320 View Post
    I know of two departments that have them. One in Kansas and one in Missouri. All I will say is give them a call and ask them about their trucks and your second post will probably be. What companies besides E-one make MM platforms?

City of Merriam Fire Department 913-322-5530

South Metro 816-331-3008
    Mobile, AL has taken delivery of a 95MM withing the past year.

C6

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ha11igan View Post
    Keep in mind that many of those mentioned above use RK or Smeal aerials.
    Ferarra uses a Smeal aerial.

Toyne uses RK.

Seagrave was using RK for their mid-mounts as late as a year ago, but I understand that relationship may have ended.

C6

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by firemed15 View Post
    Our department is looking at purchasing a new tower ladder and we are strongly leaning towards the E-One HP 95 Mid Mount, can anyone give me some insight into the vehicle.

If you have any words of wisdom about E-One, their quality & service, if that is a practicle aerial device, etc....

If you have an HP 95, have you had any problems with it, any bugs so too speak?

Thanks
    Not trying to start anything here, but I'm curious for the reason why you're limiting your choices to one vendor?

We looked at at least eight different manufacturers in our process. Each one had things we liked and didn't like. One thing I remember about E-One I liked was their outriggers and stabilizers. They have one of the narrowest outrigger widths of any mid-mount (less than 15ft).

C6

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Mobile Alabama Mid-Mount

Mobile in fact has two E-ONE Mid-Mounts. They purchased one several years ago and recently took delivery of the second unit.

Forum Member

i like the E-One product line in general, and really like E-One aerials, with one notable exception...their 95' mid-mount.

Seen 'em, not impressed, don't like the placement of the aerial on the chassis, not as conducive to low level ops as the other mid mounts, and the biggest advantage of a mid mount is the ability to get down to ground level and blast water right onto the first floor.

suggestion...Sutphen, Pierce, ALF (yea the ALF sucks but LTI is great) Ferrara before E-One midmounts.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by deputyhunter View Post
    i like the E-One product line in general, and really like E-One aerials, with one notable exception...their 95' mid-mount.

Seen 'em, not impressed, don't like the placement of the aerial on the chassis, not as conducive to low level ops as the other mid mounts, and the biggest advantage of a mid mount is the ability to get down to ground level and blast water right onto the first floor.

How so? Is platform on a typcial MM higher above ground level than on a typcial rear mount?

Midmount platform is lower than similar aerial on rearmount? MM certainly can't get down low to rear of the chassis.
    Last edited by neiowa; 07-17-2008 at 01:39 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by neiowa View Post
    How so? Is platform on a typcial MM higher above ground level than on a typcial rear mount?

Midmount platform is lower than similar aerial on rearmount? MM certainly can't get down low to rear of the chassis.
    I think the biggest advantage the MM has in this case is the 5 sections shortening the length of the aerial making sidewalk ops much easier. The further below 0 degrees the base section can go the lower you can be over a broader range. Also the turntables tend to be lower to the ground, so overall travel height is reduced.

I looked at the Crimson MM in Springfield and was pretty impressed. The biggest concern I've heard with them is dealer and factory service after the sale. But the truck looked like a well thought out aerial with many "best designs" used. Notably the bucket is very functionally built as opposed to square front buckets.

E-Ones mid mount platform is a 3 section unit. It's huge!

Waltham FD had one.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Thread Information