1. #1
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Anaheim Hills, CA
    Posts
    398

    Default Orange County Fire Authority interviews

    Anyone make it to the interview? The cutoff was 86% and 279 are moving on. I got an 85, so that is all for me.

    Next test........Costa Mesa!

    Good luck to all those who are still in the process and congrats,

    Kev

  2. #2
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Just missed it as well...scored an 83.

    I'll see you at Costa Mesa's test!

  3. #3
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Anaheim Hills, CA
    Posts
    398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by emmex510 View Post
    Just missed it as well...scored an 83.

    I'll see you at Costa Mesa's test!
    Have you submitted your paperwork to Costa Mesa? I need to do that this week. Hopefully we will be invited to written.

    Kev

  4. #4
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Their website says they have already received 400 apps and are no longer taking apps for firefighter. The fire/medic app is still open...

  5. #5
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    692

    Default

    Same boat as you guys. I missed it by just a couple points. I'm sure it was because of that last section. It sucks though when you finish in about the top 300 of over 2000 to miss it by just a question or two.

    Good luck with Costa Mesa you guys. Is that in Orange County? I think I got lost in that city on my way to the test. haha I'm from Milwaukee, WI so I don't know the area at all.

  6. #6
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Anaheim Hills, CA
    Posts
    398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rbbehemoth View Post
    Their website says they have already received 400 apps and are no longer taking apps for firefighter. The fire/medic app is still open...
    All candidates have to mail copies of the required certs to be admitted to the test. This has to be done by mail and you have to use the Costa Mesa cover letter.

    On the OVFA test, I did poorly on the maps and mechanical ability section, scoring 17/25. My other scores were 27/30, 29/30 and 12/15.

    Missed it by that much,

    Kev
    Last edited by arff42; 07-15-2008 at 02:19 PM.

  7. #7
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Kev,

    I just faxed all my certs today for CM.

    It's funny, on the test, i thought I blew the math section and aced everything else. Ends up, it was the other way around. Math was 28/30, reading 25/30 (don't know how I could have missed 5), mechanical 20/25, and public relations 10/15 (again, don't know how I missed 5 on this section).

  8. #8
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Anaheim Hills, CA
    Posts
    398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by emmex510 View Post
    Kev,

    I just faxed all my certs today for CM.

    It's funny, on the test, i thought I blew the math section and aced everything else. Ends up, it was the other way around. Math was 28/30, reading 25/30 (don't know how I could have missed 5), mechanical 20/25, and public relations 10/15 (again, don't know how I missed 5 on this section).

    You have to MAIL the certs for Costa Mesa. It says you cannot fax or submit in person. Do not quote me on that as I may be wrong. I know the info is on the job posting.

  9. #9
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2

    Default Costa Mesa

    Does anyone know how the costa mesa test is or how the process works?


    Quote Originally Posted by arff42 View Post
    Anyone make it to the interview? The cutoff was 86% and 279 are moving on. I got an 85, so that is all for me.

    Next test........Costa Mesa!

    Good luck to all those who are still in the process and congrats,

    Kev

  10. #10
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2

    Default costa mesa

    Anyone have any idea how the costa mesa test is or how the process is?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Orange County Fire
    By clark918 in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-27-2008, 04:37 PM
  2. Orange County, CA. Fire House #30...
    By fireman4949 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-14-2006, 11:31 PM
  3. Orange County Fire Auth
    By CaptBob in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-26-2003, 01:41 PM
  4. Orange County House Fire
    By morriss in forum Fire Wire
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-15-2000, 09:47 PM
  5. Orange County Fire Authority copters
    By Bj in forum Wildland Firefighting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-27-1998, 03:36 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register