Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default The next steps. . .

Hello All,

After submitting my pre-app almost 2 years ago, I finally got the call to move on in my process with an Indiana Based Department. I placed fairly high on the list, and it looks like I will be one of the last ones hired off the list. I am very pleased with myself considering this was my FIRST application/attempt. I have my polygraph scheduled for the very near future, and then my medical exam. My question:

I have had a super clean past, never in trouble, nothing. Should I be worried about the polygraph? I am usually pretty good at staying calm in stressful situations, so I think I'll be able to stay calm. I also have no problems telling the truth b/c generally I have nothing to hide. but none the less, Its still a little scary.

Second: My medical exam is a little worrisome as well as I have never once had a physical. I know I am in shape, and healthy, but I guess I am wondering what would happen if they found some underlying issue?

As it sits, if all goes well over the next three steps, I'll be starting training in October.

MembersZone Subscriber

If you have nothing to hide, and you tell the truth, then you have nothing to worry about. Even if you aren't too proud about something you did in the past, don't lie no matter how minor the issue.

If you're healthy and in shape the medical should be easy.

Forum Member

r3ydium, congrats on moving into the final steps. What department are you close to being hired at? Once again congrats...

MembersZone Subscriber

Default hello

R3ydium
    hey, I responded to your email and then I found this post. Just don't sweat the Poly. The PD does the Poly and they are not out to get you as it were. We have a great relationship here with PD. Just be honest and tell the truth and you will have nothing to worry about. When my recruit class was hired it only took 9 names to get 8 guys and that was because 1 guy turned the job down.
    If you are in good shape and healthy then you should be ok on the medical exam. GOOD LUCK
    To those whom much has been given, much shall be required.
    Chickens don't really exist....they are actually eggs with legs!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chrnea View Post
    R3ydium
    hey, I responded to your email and then I found this post. Just don't sweat the Poly. The PD does the Poly and they are not out to get you as it were. We have a great relationship here with PD. Just be honest and tell the truth and you will have nothing to worry about. When my recruit class was hired it only took 9 names to get 8 guys and that was because 1 guy turned the job down.
    If you are in good shape and healthy then you should be ok on the medical exam. GOOD LUCK

Hmm for some reason I didn't get your reply e-mail . . . (I'll shoot you a PM)

Thanks for the heads up. I am not TOO worried about the poly, as I have nothing to hide. . . and I'm not really even ashamed of anything in my past.

the medical exam will be okay I too . . . I think!

I have high hopes right now. If all goes well, I may be starting training in Oct.

Forum Member

Any advice? I have my psychological exam here shortly and have a super clean past, no drugs, lieing, cheating or stealing. Pretty much just answer honestly and I'll be fine?

Forum Member

Firecadet613, who is your psychological with, if you do not mind me asking?

Forum Member

PM Me and I'll let you know.

Thread Information