View Poll Results: What party will you be voting for this year?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rebulican

29 61.70%
  • Democratic

7 14.89%
  • Libertarian

6 12.77%
  • other

5 10.64%
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default How will you vote this year?

Just curious to see how people swing in here. You don't have to explain yourself to nobody..lol
    Just wanted to know.

Last edited by ffscm72; 07-19-2008 at 07:30 AM.
    "Courage is the resistance to fear, the mastery of fear, not the lack of fear." Mark Twain
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." Uknown

Forum Member

I am still looking for a good write in candidate.

Neither one of these buffoons gets me fired up -0 because neither one has really done a lot for people. Yet their respective parties are saying otherwise - especially the Democrats.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Forum Member

I picked other as I do not vote along party lines. I consider myself to be a Libertarian and wholly support the concept of libertarianism, constitutionalism and personal responsibility. For the most part I think you could dump the democrat and republican titles as IMHO the parties have strayed from the meaning of those titles and should be labeled as liberal and conservatives.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by jlcooke3 View Post
    I picked other as I do not vote along party lines. I consider myself to be a Libertarian and wholly support the concept of libertarianism, constitutionalism and personal responsibility. For the most part I think you could dump the democrat and republican titles as IMHO the parties have strayed from the meaning of those titles and should be labeled as liberal and conservatives.
    I agree 100%. I'm a libertarian. I'll definitely be voting for Bob Barr for '08.
    www.bobbarr2008.com you can see his views on the issues and I like what he has to say.
    "Courage is the resistance to fear, the mastery of fear, not the lack of fear." Mark Twain

MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Since I'm the "Foreigner" in the crowd: "Where's the BEER Tent?"

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MalahatTwo7 View Post
    Since I'm the "Foreigner" in the crowd: "Where's the BEER Tent?"
    Finally, the correct response. Malahat this election trend is going to be a disaster in the short run, but a boon for the conservatives in 4 years. till then we need to learn to control our gag reflex.

Piney Power
    Berkeley Township, New Jersey, United States

Quote Originally Posted by DaSharkie View Post
    I am still looking for a good write in candidate.

Neither one of these buffoons gets me fired up -0 because neither one has really done a lot for people. Yet their respective parties are saying otherwise - especially the Democrats.
    If I vote, I plan on writing in Ron Paul.
    Pinewald Pioneer Vol. Fire Co. No. 1 Sta. 20
    "Piney Power"

Berkeley Emergency Response Team (B.E.R.T./Haz-Mat/WMD/CBRNE) Station 85
    Berkeley Township, New Jersey 08721

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffscm72 View Post
    I agree 100%. I'm a libertarian. I'll definitely be voting for Bob Barr for '08.
    www.bobbarr2008.com you can see his views on the issues and I like what he has to say.
    While I am a libertarian, a third party candidate won't win in the current political climate. Or in the foreseeable future. I realize that the more people that vote for the third party candidates (no matter the party) sends a message to the 2 dominant parties that American citizens are fed up with politics as usual. As much as I would like to "send a message" I am enough of a realist to know that I won't be voting for Barr, I'm gonna have to cast my ballot for a candidate that has a shot of winning and shares at least some of my views.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by jlcooke3 View Post
    While I am a libertarian, a third party candidate won't win in the current political climate. Or in the foreseeable future. I realize that the more people that vote for the third party candidates (no matter the party) sends a message to the 2 dominant parties that American citizens are fed up with politics as usual. As much as I would like to "send a message" I am enough of a realist to know that I won't be voting for Barr, I'm gonna have to cast my ballot for a candidate that has a shot of winning and shares at least some of my views.
    It's thinking like that keeps a better candidate out of office. People believe they are wasting their votes on the 3rd party.If you want to think that way be my guest, but I can't sleep at night knowing my vote went to the wrong person.

If more people would vote like an individual and not as crowd pleaser you'll find a libertarian in office.

MembersZone Subscriber

What I am about to suggest applies in all political fields, not just parlimentarian, republican or dictatoria elections.

We accept that each of us has our own ideas or opinions of what "Good Government" is, and how it is (hopefully) best applied by our elected officials.

When it comes to voting, (again just my own meager opinion) there really isnt a "best" candidate. There are "better" than one over another, but no "best". I say this because almost none of them ever much follow whatever platform he/she was originally promoted/elected on. Many times that person does not even follow at all what he/she said they would do. Granted that is not the normal chain of events, and that is a very good thing.

What I am trying to get at here is there is no "best man (woman) for the job" only someone who is maybe "better" than the others. Which is why I do not believe that when I vote for a "third party", I am throwing away my vote, I just think that he/she maybe has a better idea of whats what and maybe worth getting a shot at it.

Question yourself this way: Do you buy a Ford or GM vehicle because thats what your Daddy and your Granddaddy bought, or is it because YOU truly believe that either of those vehicles is the best value for your money?

Did I ever say I really do not like politics in any shape or fashion?

Forum Member

I will vote in a booth with the curtain drawn.Secret ballots mean that.
    The last time I was buttonholed by a reporterette wanting to know how I voted,her eyes glazed over as I explained"Why yes,Anna I'll tell you how I voted.I voted for a President,a US Senator,my Commonwealth Representative and whether or not I want a tax increase for the school budget."
    and walked away leaving her in the rain.
    When I was in the SIU,I was always getting in trouble for not voting as they directed.
    No one tells me how to vote.If the people I work for have a particular candidate or issue they want voted for,fine.Doesn't mean I have to go along with it unless it's an issue or candidate that I want elected.

Also,if you don't vote,then you don't get to bitch about how the country is being run.You had your chance and decided it was too rainy/my vote won't count or however you justified not going to the polls.People have died in this country for the Right to vote while others haven't had any problem securing that Right.
    Don't let them down.
    Last edited by doughesson; 07-17-2008 at 12:03 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffscm72 View Post
    It's thinking like that keeps a better candidate out of office. People believe they are wasting their votes on the 3rd party.If you want to think that way be my guest, but I can't sleep at night knowing my vote went to the wrong person.

If more people would vote like an individual and not as crowd pleaser you'll find a libertarian in office.
    I agree with you...to a point. In local elections I would be quick to vote for a Libertarian. Why? Because the Libertarian "ideals" must start at the local level and spread from there, the idea of true personal responsibility and limited federal govt. is so alien to most Americans that they will never accept it all at once. I also agree I will be voting for the "wrong" person but I don't look at it like that, I'm voting for the "most right" person. I suspect millions of Americans will be voting for the "most right" or "lesser evil" this November and its a personal decision that we will all have to make. I agree with you that we should all vote as individuals and not as blind dumb sheep.

Forum Member

Default the current climate

Obamas campaign is beginning to come apart and McCains has never really gotten into gear. The Major media will go all out for Obama and try their best to spin any missteps. The TV is playing all out to create the issues in the publics minds. The crisis is in Oil, gasoline, housing, etc. and they want the public to demand the government step into everything. That is the real goal. The government to rule it all. 2 days ago the AP announced what a human life is worth. 6 million. Down 1 million from 2 years ago. Do you understand what the hidden meaning behind that is? That if the nation was to get universal health care and they pro rate your age against that 6million, if you were 70 and valued at $100,000 for example and needed treatment that cost $200,000. They could deny you the treatment. That is the hidden outcome that they will try to deny. Last fall and this winter the media kept using the 'R' word. Recession. A scare tactic that had everyone on the edge of panic. They would only have experts interviewed who would advance the Recession agenda. What happened? There was no recession and it has dissapeared from the televisions transcripts. These issues are of interest, but oil is back down. Did you hear that broadcast. No. So to all. Be advised, you almost have to realize anything you hear reported on ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN and MSNBC and especially the NY Times is probably opposite of what the real situation is. It borders treason.

MembersZone Subscriber

Sorry to blow your bubble, JAM, but NBC4 news and radio station 94.7 The Globe both reported in the past 24 hrs that the price of oil has dropped a bit, also that R word was mentioned in yesterday's news. Dont recall the exact reference, but it was there.

Dont know about "treason" but certainly typical media "We will report what we like, and if the real news is not to our liking, we'll just exercise Literary Licence to it.

Forum Member

Default Oh, for crying out loud...

Quote Originally Posted by jam24u
    Obamas campaign is beginning to come apart and McCains has never really gotten into gear. The Major media will go all out for Obama and try their best to spin any missteps.
    Funny, I've seen several news outlets criticise/question both campaigns.

The TV is playing all out to create the issues in the publics minds. The crisis is in Oil, gasoline, housing, etc. and they want the public to demand the government step into everything. That is the real goal. The government to rule it all.
    Um...gone to any gas pumps lately? shopped for any groceries? looked at the housing market around you? There are real problems out there right now and they're going to require at least some public policy intervention to fix them. To date, I haven't heard anyone in any of the mainstream - or immediate fringe - media even come within miles of suggesting that the government scrap the market model and embark on the creation of a centrally planned economy. Maybe I just wasn't listening closely enough...

2 days ago the AP announced what a human life is worth. 6 million. Down 1 million from 2 years ago. Do you understand what the hidden meaning behind that is? That if the nation was to get universal health care and they pro rate your age against that 6million, if you were 70 and valued at $100,000 for example and needed treatment that cost $200,000. They could deny you the treatment. That is the hidden outcome that they will try to deny.
    OK - this is something called "actuarial analysis" - and it's used in a variety of settings for a variety of reasons. As for the "hidden" agendas, all I can say is, put down the tin foil hat and step away...no one needs to get hurt here.

Last fall and this winter the media kept using the 'R' word. Recession. A scare tactic that had everyone on the edge of panic. They would only have experts interviewed who would advance the Recession agenda. What happened? There was no recession and it has dissapeared from the televisions transcripts.
    The most recent discussion of possible recession I heard was a couple of days ago on "Morning Joe" on MSNBC. "Disappeared" may be overstating things a bit. And if you don't think something beyond a "technical recession" (which some estimates show we already we have) is at least a possibility, refer back to my earlier question to you about housing, oil, food, etc.

These issues are of interest, but oil is back down. Did you hear that broadcast. No.
    Actually, this discussion went on this very morning on "Morning Joe" on MSNBC as well (during a business news segment with Erin Burnett, to be precise). When, oh when, are you people going to realize that Limbaugh makes all of his material up just to feed your wild conspiracy fantasies? Get a grip, folks.

So to all. Be advised, you almost have to realize anything you hear reported on ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN and MSNBC and especially the NY Times is probably opposite of what the real situation is. It borders treason.
    Again, please put down the tin foil hat and back away slowly...nobody needs to get hurt here.

Forum Member

Obamas campaign is beginning to come apart and McCains has never really gotten into gear.
    Put down the crack pipe, and step away from it.

Forum Member

You did good but proved my point as well. when you pointed out that some host did mention a drop in oil prices, was it the lead story and how many times was it mentioned? It is a gratitous mention only and part of the 'agenda' I spoke of. The housing crisis was finally explained to actually only be of concern in around 8 states, but it is reported to be everywhere. Why would they do this? No different than the homeless issue that was everywhere in the late '80s and early '90s. Remember? As soon as Clinton was elected, the medias coverage of the homeless disappeared. Amazing how just being elected solved the homeless crisis and without a magic wand. This year the NY Times, front page, reported how our soldiers were returning from Iraq as murderers. The exagerrated figures used included soldiers in a car accident that were killed and those with them or in the other vehicle. Even if it was the other vehicles fault. This is what the media is doing. They demonized OUR soldiers when it was really an attack on Bush and the GOP. The best thing to do with the so called housing crisis in those few states is to stay out of it and let it adjust on its own. We need the real facts when reporting on the issues and a fair and balanced platform in the news. ABC,NBC,CBS viewer numbers are bottoming out because of the way they report the news in a 'bias' way. Can you deny that the Democrats want more government in your life? Of course they do. They don't believe you know what's best for you, they do and they are manuvering the public opinion of the nation to a majority that stands up and say, "What are you going to do for me?" Tell me what kind of car to drive and how far. What kind of light bulb to use and what setting I can set my thermostat. Till evey aspect of your life is controlled. Even when you need to die.
    And why does every conservative viewpoint end up being declared a lie perpetuated by Rush? There are so many other sources. Fox, Goldberg, Drudge, Newsmax, the National Review. But every liberal that says Rush is lying about his facts has been bustedd. Why would he have to lie? He doesn't have too. If he did, he would have been gone after only a couple of years. Rush would never ever knowingly relay any information he knew was false. period. Unlike the NY Times and others. So stay away from saying Rush lies intentionaly. No liberal media pundit of credit says that publicly because they know that that is not true. more to follow

Forum Member

Default wrong location

you know, i knew this topic belongs on another websites boards. though it is fun. especially when you get those that have the opposite position. so sorry for letting my political responses get out of hand.

MembersZone Subscriber

Rebulican ?
    The opinions are mine alone, and do not represent the department I am with, or any firefighters I work with.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jam24u View Post
    It borders treason.
    Is that near Canada?
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MalahatTwo7 View Post
    Sorry to blow your bubble, JAM, but NBC4 news and radio station 94.7 The Globe both reported in the past 24 hrs that the price of oil has dropped a bit, ........
    Yesterday's(7-18-08) closing oil price of $129.29 a barrel divided by 42 gallons per barrel equals $3.0783333 per gallon for crude oil ,according to my gonculator.The sign at my favorite Exxon station says "$3.879" for the "cheap" gas.
    How much again are they oil companies making on a barrel of crude and how many walnuts will Suzy need to buy for the party?

Forum Member

Please let the electoral college reflect these poll results.
    The American people will never knowingly adopt Socialism. But under the name of 'liberalism' they will adopt every fragment of the Socialist program, until one day America will be a Socialist nation, without knowing how it happened. --Norman Mattoon Thomas, 6 time presidential candidate for the Socialist Party of America

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by txgp17 View Post
    To quote a Murphy's lawism.

The race doesn't always go to the swift, nor the contest to the strong, but that's the way to bet.

McCain should have slamdunked Bush eight years ago in the S. Carolina primary. He allowed the smear machine to run over him and the rest is history. The GOP is putting him out there more as a sacrificial lamb than a serious candidate. This is Bob Dole v.2.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by doughesson View Post
    Yesterday's(7-18-08) closing oil price of $129.29 a barrel divided by 42 gallons per barrel equals $3.0783333 per gallon for crude oil ,according to my gonculator.The sign at my favorite Exxon station says "$3.879" for the "cheap" gas.
    How much again are they oil companies making on a barrel of crude and how many walnuts will Suzy need to buy for the party?
    Like I said to someone else the other day, before heading out to Knoxville, "Three-eighty...what?????" ("3.87") I said "Three-eighty what???? I haven't heard those numbers, and the word 'gas' in the same sentence since ......???

Its been over 4 bucks a gallon since March I think. And last weekend I was down near The Plains, VA and gas there was FIVE DOLLARS a gallon. I almost drove into the antique shop at the bottom of the T junction. But then I drove through Upperville a few minutes later and calmed down when gas "dropped" to 3.96/g. But in the DC area, its no less than 4.07.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by txgp17 View Post
    The electoral college is a joke. I believe with technology as it is today. I believe that the American people vote as individuals. It works for American Idol!...lol

Thread Information