Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
    Forum Member

Default New Here...obviously

Greetings one and all. I've been lurking for a few days and I figured I'd at least stop in and say hi as well as introduce myself. The name is Tom. I'm 34 and from southwest GA. I recently applied to be a volunteer in the local fire department that I thought was all career. It turns out there's a small number of volunteers, so I jumped on the chance.

I fell in love with the idea of fighting fires when I was in the Navy. For any who don't know, there's a one week firefighting class everyone had to go through (and I assume still does) before graduating boot camp. I loved that part of boot and thought seriously about going into firefighting when I got out. Circumstance kept me from applying unfortunately. Now, it looks like I might finally get my chance.

I'm just looking forward to asking questions and learning!

Forum Member

Default Hello Sailor!

I was in the Marine Corps and thought I'd say hi to a fellow service member. I am a volunteer firefighter also and it is very rewarding. Try to go to all the classes I can. I've been doing it for 10 years.

Forum Member

I can't believe I missed my own thread

Thanks for the welcome CherylAnn! I was a Corpsman, so I know Marine's well. In fact, my "day" job is on MCLB Albany

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking Hi Neighbor!

[QUOTE=Tomcat1066;972288]Greetings one and all. I've been lurking for a few days and I figured I'd at least stop in and say hi as well as introduce myself. The name is Tom. I'm 34 and from southwest GA. I recently applied to be a volunteer in the local fire department that I thought was all career. It turns out there's a small number of volunteers, so I jumped on the chance.

TomCat,

Congrats! I'm so thrilled for you. I'm sorry I didn't catch in your post if you wanted to become a career firefighter or stay as a volunteer. I'm thinking of becoming a volley next year. I read a great article in Women's Fitness about a woman going through classes to be certified as a volley, and it got me inspired. Send me an email anytime and keep me up updated on how things are going down in that part of Georgia. Stay safe darlin'

Love,

Suzanne

Thread Information