MembersZone Subscriber

Default Visiting LA and Mojave this weekend

Hey, not sure if this is the correct section to post, if not, please let me know. I'm a volly here in NY, and I'll be in LA on Sunday and Mojave on Monday. I was wondering if any of you reading this are a firefighter in either location, I was hopin to maybe do a shirt or patch trade and be a real wacker and check out your house. PM me if anyone is interested.

Also, any suggestions on things to do, places to eat and stuff to see in LA or Mojave? I'm already checking out the airplane graveyard in Mojave, as that's where I'll be working, but looking for other stuff to do. I have a rental car so I can travel a bit on Sunday if there's something worth the trip. Let me know! Thanks!!
    MFD Truck 2
    The Workhorse Company

Permanently Removed

LA- Where to start? Universal Studios, etc.

Mojave- Ummm....Chase the scorpions around? Tumbleweeds? The airport grave yard sounds cool.

I am not in So. Cal, but would love to help you out. Anyone of the brothers at LA City/County or Kern County (Mojave) would help you out in any way.

Bou

Forum Member

Being from New York, I'm sure that you have been to Nathan's Famous Hotdog's restaurant (not sure if you like hotdogs or not), but you could stop by Pink's Hotdog's in Hollywood located @ Melrose Blvd & La Brea Ave.

I miss eating at Pink's....great dog's

Here's their website. Enjoy!
    http://www.pinkshollywood.com/

Wikipedia:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pink's_Hot_Dogs
    Last edited by AZFF25; 07-26-2008 at 03:55 AM.

Permanently Removed

And dont forget to visit In-N-Out Burger.

http://www.in-n-out.com/point_to_point.asp

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by AZFF25 View Post
    Being from New York, I'm sure that you have been to Nathan's Famous Hotdog's restaurant (not sure if you like hotdogs or not), but you could stop by Pink's Hotdog's in Hollywood located @ Melrose Blvd & La Brea Ave.

I miss eating at Pink's....great dog's

Here's their website. Enjoy!
    http://www.pinkshollywood.com/

Wikipedia:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pink's_Hot_Dogs
    The first time I was in LA(Jan for written with LA City), a friend picked me and the guy with me up at about 9PM from the airport and took us straight to Pink's for dinner. That place was awesome. haha Never saw that long of a line at a hot dog place, but it was worth it.

mglax... if you want to visit a fire house, many seem to be happy to have you come by. They recommend a station visit before an interview so they are used to it. I went to Station 27 and they were great.

The city itself has so much to do. I love it out there. The beach cities are a lot of fun. Might want to visit The Promenade or Pier at Santa Monica Beach or the Venice Beach Boardwalk. Hollywood was great to see. The Grove mall was actually pretty fun. Being from Milwaukee, we don't have nice looking outdoor malls like that.

Have fun!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by clark918 View Post
    The first time I was in LA(Jan for written with LA City), a friend picked me and the guy with me up at about 9PM from the airport and took us straight to Pink's for dinner. That place was awesome. haha Never saw that long of a line at a hot dog place, but it was worth it.
    Yeah...I grew up about 20 minute's from Hollyweird, used to go there all the time. Last time I went to Pink's was last summer when I went home to visit my dad. We stood in line for about 45 minute's, (and he paid )but it's always worth the wait.

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

I was going to say "Knott's Berry Farm" is a neat place to go (BEFORE you go to Disneyland LOL) but after doing some reading, I'm not so sure it's the same quaint place it was when I was a kid.
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Thread Information