Forum Member

Default Info on Sierra Army Depot

I'm looking at the opening at Sierra Army Depot in northern CA. I know there isn't really much in the area but I have most of my family around there and the base is really similar to the type of base I work on now. Anyone know anything one way or the other about the base at all? Things like good place to work, what type of schedule do they work, staffing, what equipment do they run, how busy are they. The opening is for a fire/medic, so do they run a transport unit as well? Thanks all.

Forum Member

OK has anyone even heard of the base? do you know how BRAC will affect it?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by meapplegate View Post
    OK has anyone even heard of the base? do you know how BRAC will affect it?
    BRAC 2005
    In its 2005 BRAC Recommendations, DoD recommended to realign Sierra Army Depot by relocating Storage to Tooele Army Depot, NV and Demilitarization to Crane Army Ammunition Activity, IN, and McAlester Army Ammunition Plant, OK. Capacity and capability for storage existed at numerous munitions sites. To reduce redundancy and remove excess from the Industrial Base, the realignment would allow DoD to create centers of excellence and remove inefficiencies.

Forum Member

Then why did they just post for 4 positions and are adding an ambulance and moving up to the paramedic level? Anyone have any thoughts or ideas?

Forum Member

Then why did they just post for 4 positions and are adding an ambulance and moving up to the paramedic level? Anyone have any thoughts or ideas?

Do some research or call someone. I want to say that they were removed from the BRAC list and are safe.

Last I heard they were running 2 engines and a new ladder truck out of one station. Lots of mutual aid.

Northern CA is really expensive, just to let you know.

Forum Member

Do some research or call someone. I want to say that they were removed from the BRAC list and are safe.

Last I heard they were running 2 engines and a new ladder truck out of one station. Lots of mutual aid. The ambulance is new to me.

Northern CA is really expensive, just to let you know.

Forum Member

Yeah I still have all of my family in the area so they warned me about the cost of living but I really want to get back out west and off the east coast. The humidity here is killing me. lol . I have done some research and I have a Idea about the mission on base but info on the department online is slim to none, which is why i'm looking here. I was hoping someone would know something or know someone who knew something. As far as living, susanville or reno look like the options but reno is about a hour away.

Thread Information