Forum Member

Default Am I going to need a mustache?

I hope not. It makes me look 10 years older.

How's it goin', gents and ladies. I'm in backgrounds for a local county FD so I just thought I'd post up in here and say hi. I've already picked up some great info here. It's a great resource.

Stay safe!

Forum Member

Default I dont have a mustache!!

I thought your comment was cute about the moustache. Actually there is a concern about facial hair and being able to wear the mask with the SCBA. So, with that in mind, but then again, I am a female and I haven't grown any facial hair yet!!! Best of luck to you in the fire service!

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking Too funny!

Hey CherylAnn, I can't grow facial hair either, thank God! I'm curious if every fire department has their own policies on facial hair, like if it's ok to have a moustauche or not. My firefighter buddy in New Jersey said the guys cannot have a beard or goatee, but ok for a moustache. I've talked to another firefighter up in West Virginia who supposedly has a goatee, but I could be mistaken. Anways, I just had to respond to your comment and thought how cute it is.

Love,

Suzanne

Forum Member

Haha, thanks ladies. From what I hear a mustache is generally the only facial hair aloud, and even then, some departments don't allow a mustache during probation. That certainly won't be a problem for me (or either of you!). I look like a dark-haired Jim Dangle with one of those things.

Forum Member

Cool Lipworms

Moustaches are not required and most people can't wear goatees because you cant seal the SCBA facemask

Thread Information