MembersZone Subscriber

Default For All Our Canadian Friends:

Slow day at work...
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

On a serious note, the first picture would likely be Canadian Pioneers, basically infantry with an EXTREME hobby. LOL Something in the league of US Rangers or SAS types. Those guys definitely march and play to their own drums LOL. I've partied with a few of them.... very scary.

On the other hand, the aforementioned "winter" is exactly what I am going to be moving into..... YYYUUUUUKKKK!!

As for the oil, well I could have told you that. heheheehe We get charts and graphs and stuff like that from the Foreign Affairs guys all the time. I just figured I'd leave y'all in peace. hehhehehe

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MalahatTwo7 View Post
    On the other hand, the aforementioned "winter" is exactly what I am going to be moving into..... YYYUUUUUKKKK!!
    A Borden winter is nothing. The Prairies would be something not look forward too. Thank God I'll be in a warm spot for basically the entire winter this year.

Those pioneers look like some rough lookin boys. Definitely would not want to be on their bad side.
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

Forum Member

All those boys needed was a nice hot cup of Tims!

Forum Member

Whats wrong with the prairies Ryan? At least its a dry cold.
    www.firehall.com - check it out

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterkid View Post
    Whats wrong with the prairies Ryan? At least its a dry cold.
    Ya, I know. The dampness from both Lake Simcoe and the Great Lakes just SUCKS in winter. I spent 3 yrs in T.O. and hated pretty much every day of it. Sigh. At least this will be my LAST POST before retirement.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ndvfdff33 View Post
    Those pioneers look like some rough lookin boys. Definitely would not want to be on their bad side.
    ZZ Top called. They want their guitar players back...
    So you call this your free country
    Tell me why it costs so much to live
    -3dd

MembersZone Subscriber

Everytime I look at the photo and the guy on the left, I see his non-issue "K-Bar" (or whatever you want to call it). I can't help but wonder how many bears that thing has skinned in its life.......

MembersZone Subscriber

Canadian Pioneers
    I see their "covered wagon" behind them.

As for the winter- someone's freezer must have broken. They have a giant red box of ice cream stored outside.

I'll take my winters anyday. I can't live anywhere that gets colder than my freezer. I would turn into a popsicle.
    Last edited by superchef; 07-30-2008 at 03:47 PM.

Forum Member

Ya, I know. The dampness from both Lake Simcoe and the Great Lakes just SUCKS in winter. I spent 3 yrs in T.O. and hated pretty much every day of it. Sigh. At least this will be my LAST POST before retirement.
    Nothing wrong with TO.... okay well maybe the inability of the inhabitants to drive throughout the winter months and the unending rudeness and perhaps the never ending amount of gun violence.... yup a stellar place to hatch little ones!

Forum Member

This is true. Sitting in the training area of Mudford in the middle of winter kind of sucks. Right off of Georgian Bay. On top of that place being a weather nightmare. I remember seeing Rain,Snow,Hail and T-storm all in a few hours. It's not fun marching around being pelted in the face with hail.

Quote Originally Posted by MalahatTwo7
    Everytime I look at the photo and the guy on the left, I see his non-issue "K-Bar" (or whatever you want to call it). I can't help but wonder how many bears that thing has skinned in its life.......
    Skinned?? I bet that guy killed and did everything with his hands. I'd say that the non-issue part wouldn't be a problem either(although it looks like a bayonet). I can't see too many people trying to jack up a Warrant that looked like him.
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

MembersZone Subscriber

Skinned?? I bet that guy killed and did everything with his hands. I'd say that the non-issue part wouldn't be a problem either(although it looks like a bayonet). I can't see too many people trying to jack up a Warrant that looked like him.
    I thought pretty much as you do, about skinning or barehanded killing it, but was trying to be nice. As for the bayonette, yes there is the black one on his left chest, but there is that black and white handle sticking out of his flak jacket that caught my eye... THAT is not CF issued! LOL

Forum Member

I thought pretty much as you do, about skinning or barehanded killing it, but was trying to be nice. As for the bayonette, yes there is the black one on his left chest, but there is that black and white handle sticking out of his flak jacket that caught my eye... THAT is not CF issued! LOL
    You mean the thing with what looks like two zap straps around it right next to his slip on? Hmm.

If that is what the Warrant and the Sgt?? look like. I would hate to see the Sgt Major or RSM. They must be some really crazy looking guys.

Ryan

MembersZone Subscriber

The funny thing is that the caption on the shot of those pioneers is not that far from the truth.

Assault pioneers originally wore white leather aprons and carried huge ceremonial axes on parade. Here's a pic of a figurine depicting the Assault Pioneer in full dress. Quite a sight.

Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mcaldwell View Post
    The funny thing is that the caption on the shot of those pioneers is not that far from the truth.

Assault pioneers originally wore white leather aprons and carried huge ceremonial axes on parade. Here's a pic of a figurine depicting the Assault Pioneer in full dress. Quite a sight.

I heard that it looked quite sharp when they were all on parade. Too bad they're not around anymore.

Ryan

MembersZone Subscriber

Hey Martin, I'll bet that's a photo taken of an item in your private collection.

MembersZone Subscriber

Very nice pictures MC. I imagine that seeing them in full dress on parade would be quite impressive.

MembersZone Subscriber

I don't know what would be scarier if I was the enemy:

Having one of our USofA stealth technology attacks blow up everything around me and me not knowing what is happening until it is to late.

Or:

Me looking up and seeing one of those Canadian Pioneers charging me from10 foot away, screaming some sort of really loud Canadian War-Cry, before his non-issue bear-skinning knive sends me to my maker.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusKspn View Post
    Or:

Me looking up and seeing one of those Canadian Pioneers charging me from10 foot away, screaming some sort of really loud Canadian War-Cry, before his non-issue bear-skinning knive sends me to my maker.
    Bwahhahahahaha!!!!!!!!

Just think RYAN! You running after someone with a non issued knife screaming

MOLSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianFyrTrks View Post
    Bwahhahahahaha!!!!!!!!

Too bad I wouldn't look half as intimidating as those two lads.

I lack the beard and the size. I do however carry a non-issued knife if that makes any difference.
    Last edited by ndvfdff33; 08-01-2008 at 02:43 AM.

Ryan

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianFyrTrks View Post
    Bwahhahahahaha!!!!!!!!

I'd hand him a Coors from my own personal stash.Why would this solve the problem.When has "Free Beer" EVER caused trouble?

Forum Member

Ryan wouldn't be yelling MOLSON he would be yelling ALEXANDER KEITH'S!!!!!!!!!!
    www.firehall.com - check it out

Forum Member

that'll just confuse'm they won't know who he'll be after

Forum Member

You know me too well my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianFyrTrks
    that'll just confuse'm they won't know who he'll be after
    That's the whole point isn't it?

Ryan

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ndvfdff33 View Post
    You know me too well my friend.

That's the whole point isn't it?
    Fair enough

Thread Information