Forum Member

Don't really know much about the retirement program for the City, but there is some good info on PF&R's website...
    http://www.oregon.gov/PERS/MEM/secti...srp_faqs.shtml

Any recruits that are getting ready for the interview and PAT... Congrats and Good luck! Listen to the advice from JV and Nozzleman, start hitting those stairs! It will pay off when you start the academy. Hope to see you in class on Sep. 17th...

Forum Member

Default Current PF&R List info

Just a quick update (and a few facts instead of speculation) for folks on the current eligibility list:

We are hiring a Recruit class on September 16 to join the current Trainee class. These Recruits have already been interviewed.

We expect that the next Trainee class will be hired October 15th, and a Recruit class will join them on December 10th. Interviews for the December Recruit class is scheduled to occur around the end of September.

(p.s. This info is direct from the Recruiter. As a reminder, please only call the Recruiter if you have a change of address or status.)
    Last edited by 3rdFloor; 08-26-2009 at 05:01 PM.

Forum Member

Default Next Firefighter Exam

We anticipate (is that sufficiently fuzzy?) that the next exam will take place in February, 2010.

PLEASE go to the Notification page to be notified when recruitment opens. Recruitment should open approximately a month before the test.

We expect that the entire testing process will take about five months; the current list will stay active until the 2010 list is published.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks for teh info, 3rdFloor. Do you know if the trainees chosen for the Oct 15th class have been contacted yet?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GaiusPaul View Post
    Thanks for teh info, 3rdFloor. Do you know if the trainees chosen for the Oct 15th class have been contacted yet?
    I knew I was forgetting a piece of info... The folks for the October 15th Trainee class have NOT been notified yet.

Forum Member

Hey 3rdfloor,

In case you didn't know, your info is much appreciated. Thank you for taking the time. It really means a lot to some of us.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fatkid4 View Post
    Hey 3rdfloor,

In case you didn't know, your info is much appreciated. Thank you for taking the time. It really means a lot to some of us.
    You're quite welcome! I'm glad to help -- I've been in the "Pick me! Please pick me!" void, too.

(And no, I still don't know anything more than "anticipate February 2010" )

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdFloor View Post
    We anticipate (is that sufficiently fuzzy?) that the next exam will take place in February, 2010.

PLEASE go to the Notification page to be notified when recruitment opens. Recruitment should open approximately a month before the test.

We expect that the entire testing process will take about five months; the current list will stay active until the 2010 list is published.
    Just loggged on to post this info but I see 3rdfloor got it already. We are back into a regular hiring sequence and it should continue for awhile.

Forum Member

Thanks Nozzleman25! This is great news.

MembersZone Subscriber

I missed the last test for Portland but will for sure be there this time around. Can anybody tell me how old the oldest person was to go through the tower for Portland? I will be 47 next time around but am in great shape and have ten years in as a volly. I was with a combination paid/volly department for two years and kept up real well with all the younger guys and really enjoyed the experience. Portland is a great department and I look forward to going through the testing process.

Forum Member

I don't know who the oldest was to go through...but a guy in the class ahead of mine was 42 when he went through. He passed and is working in the companies right now.

Thumbs up

Good job to everybody this past week. It was nice to meet everyone. It's been a long process and I just want to wish everybody the best of luck.

MembersZone Subscriber

Anybody out there heard if the December class interviews have happended yet. Sitting at 59 here and wondering if I'm inside the window. Thanks

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cochise70 View Post
    Anybody out there heard if the December class interviews have happended yet. Sitting at 59 here and wondering if I'm inside the window. Thanks
    Don't know if you were part of the group they ran through PAT's last week or not but I think the interviews have also been done.

For those that don't know or haven't heard we are testing again in early 2010. Here is the link to get info form http://www.portlandonline.com/fire/index.cfm?c=37525

MembersZone Subscriber

I actually did get an interview along with 6 others and didn't get a place in the tenative March class but we were told we were being added to an existing pool and also would be eligible for a June class as well. Fingers crossed. Thanks for keeping tabs on us hopefuls.

Forum Member

Default ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cochise70 View Post
    I actually did get an interview along with 6 others and didn't get a place in the tenative March class but we were told we were being added to an existing pool and also would be eligible for a June class as well. Fingers crossed. Thanks for keeping tabs on us hopefuls.
    Im not clear on how this works. They will administer a new test, then create a new pool. Do they save people that they like from the last pool and add them to the new pool. And if so how do they then rank it. Or do they use up the old pool until the new one is "ready"?

just wondering,

HH

Forum Member

I am guessing that the June class will come off of the current list. Even if they test in early 2010 (say Feb.), I'm not sure they would be ready to go with a class off of it by June.

Cochise - are you on the EMT/FF list....or the Trainee list?

MembersZone Subscriber

FF/EMT and yeah my understanding was that the old list would be used for these next 2 classes due to the timeline for Feb. test. But who knows really, these things change and I'm just a guy off in the ether with his fingers crossed. :-)
    After testing for as long as I have I've learned not to get to wound up about the details. I just keep getting up at 5:30 am and beat the hell out of myself at the gym and hope for the right phone call.
    Good luck everyone and thanks to those PFR members who drop in with info.

Forum Member

For those of you on Facebook, Portland Fire now has a facebook page. http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...e/123162870366

Thread Information