+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 First ... 2345678 ... Last
    I like milk...

I just got my letter for PF&R regarding the practice dates for the PAT and when my PAT and Chief's Interview are. I'm just glad it is not when I am going to be out of town. Good luck everyone. It will be nice to see how I rank after the PAT. (Trainee)

Forum Member

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jcheeetham View Post
    Thanks for the info, just wanted to clarify.
    No problem -- I don't mind clarifying. It's not easy to even explain the difference between the EMT/FF/Paramedic route and the Trainee route -- never mind the process!

In my perfect world, you'd all have both letters no later than tomorrow :-)

MembersZone Subscriber

Well I guess I have to keep waiting. I checked my mail about an hour ago and hadn't received any letter yet, and I live right across the river from admin. I am looking forward to knowing exactly where I sit on the list this year instead of wondering where I sat in the trainee pool like last year. Hopefully this is the year for me.

Forum Member

Default Waiting, waiting

Received my notification this morning that I passed the test and the list of scheduled practice sessions for the PAT. Hoping to get the ranked letter tomorrow..

(EMT/Medic)

Forum Member

Just picked up my mail and I made it through the written. No letter about ranking or PAT date yet though. That will probably come in tomorrow's mail I am guessing. Just happy to know I moving on in the process. Seems like all my friends are getting the regret letter.

MembersZone Subscriber

So when should I start to get worried If I have not received my letter yet? I kind of thought that I would have mine by now since I am in the downtown areas

Forum Member

From the PF&R website, "If you have not received a letter by September 2 (longer, if you're out of the Portland Metro area), please call the recruiter."

if you don't have it by Tuesday I'd call 'em.
    Last edited by trotsky; 08-29-2008 at 08:45 PM.

Forum Member

Default I'm worried as well

I'm in Wisconsin and am still waiting to hear as well. Should I wait longer to call being so far from Portland? Any advice would be appreciated.

Forum Member

Default Got it this morning

Received the letter from HR today. Looks like I am in the low 40's for the EMT/Medic Recruit list. According to the letter they ranked the top 235 scores from the list. Scheduling for interview and PAT to follow.

Good luck everyone.

MembersZone Subscriber

Well I guess that I got a letter from the city today, to bad im up in Seattle.

MembersZone Subscriber

CFDRes - So youre ranked in the 40's? Thats great. So youre pretty much guaranteed a job in the next year i guess, right?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jcheeetham View Post
    CFDRes - So youre ranked in the 40's? Thats great. So youre pretty much guaranteed a job in the next year i guess, right?
    - Wouldn't say that. There is still the Chief's Interview and I don't know when they factor in the vet's points (which I don't have) which can affect my rank. Then there's always ties to contend with. We'll see tho - sounds like Portland would be a great place to work.

MembersZone Subscriber

Well I guess that this year is not my year. Got home and read my letter only to find out that I didn't pass. The letter says that I have 10 days to find out my results, do I have to go in to do this? Im dissapointed since I have taken the test before and passed it everytime. Guess I just have to keep trying

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Got it!!

Got my letter yesterday from PF&R down here in AZ and I made it! Should get my ranking letter from HR on tuesday. One step closer!

MembersZone Subscriber

Default dont give up!

Gocougs, don't lose hope. I've been testing for various departments for the last 4 years. I have 7 years of experience, 4 of which was in the military so I get vet points and I still haven't gotten picked up. Don't give up, try to put this one behind you and don't be afraid to broaden your horizons and test for every department you possibly can. This is the best job in the world, you'll love it no matter where you're doing it. Soon enough, the stars will align and you'll get picked up somewhere. Don't give up!

MembersZone Subscriber

Default dont give up!

Sorry! Double post
    Last edited by megakarl99; 09-01-2008 at 12:44 AM. Reason: double post

MembersZone Subscriber

Im not giving up. I have tested with almost 20 different departments over the last 2 years and have no plan on stopping until I get hired.

MembersZone Subscriber

is it Lt. Jackson who I am suppose to call to find out my results and find out what the passing score was?

MembersZone Subscriber

Terry Foster is taking over the recruiter position from Lt Jackson. His E-mail is tfoster@fire.ci.portland.or.us

However, I think you should still get a letter from HR letting you know your score this week regardless if you passed or failed.

Good to hear you're not letting up. I think Corvallis is hiring right now too, but I'm sure you know that. Good luck in the future GoCougs!

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks for the email. Ill shoot him one here in a little bit. And I am scheduled for the written down in Corvallis on the 13th

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoCougs View Post
    is it Lt. Jackson who I am suppose to call to find out my results and find out what the passing score was?
    You should call City of Portland Human Resources; they've got the info. The Recruiting Officer doesn't have scoring information -- and if you call or email him, he's going to send you to HR.

HR's phone number is 503-823-3572.

edited to update the phone number -- apparently this is a phone that several people answer, increasing the odds of talking to a human.
    Last edited by 3rdFloor; 09-03-2008 at 07:20 PM.

Forum Member

Nozzelman - sent you an email...

MembersZone Subscriber

Well I called HR and left a message. I was talking to a couple buddies at work today (all of which did not pass the test) and one of them said that pf&r is going to be hiring yearly now instead of every 2 years. Can anyone confrim that for me?

Forum Member

Talking

Well I called HR and left a message. I was talking to a couple buddies at work today (all of which did not pass the test) and one of them said that pf&r is going to be hiring yearly now instead of every 2 years. Can anyone confrim that for me?
    haha, no offense but i hope they don't start testing yearly. Don't know if I can replicate that score - gotta make sure they get up into my range.

Forum Member

Have heard that is a possibility but haven't heard if it is going to happen for sure or not.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 First ... 2345678 ... Last

Thread Information