Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 647
  1. #221
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefKN View Post
    Yea, and Hillary Clinton, Nancy Pelosi, and Barrack Obama.

    You BASTAGE!!!! Now I have to get the Windex and clean the coffee off my screen. You should also include Feinstein and Kennedy


  2. #222
    Forum Member scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    You're a hoot. The US government couldn't run a free picnic correctly.
    Would that include the war in Iraq?
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  3. #223
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    GSP stands for Gross State Product. It is the total amount of goods and services produced in that state. A State's version of the GNP. Do yourself a favor and stop thinking about how DE is a more significant economic force than CA. It isn't close.


    What makes you believe I don't?


    And what's your point? As I pointed out the government is us.


    See above post.


    I guess there is a point in there somewhere, what I have no idea. How was removing Saddam the right thing to do? In retrospect this foreign policy decision has been a disaster.


    Welcome to America. I pay the same percent in taxes. It's not like they're only picking on you. I've never had any problems with the Feds. I don't know what you do for a living but that is a choice you made.
    I'm not saying the DE is a force, simply, on a per capita basis they do better. As a whole California, New York, Texas, Alaska will always produce more than the smaller states like Rhode Island, Connecticut, Delaware, Massachusetts. When comparing one state to another you have to do it on a normalized scale. In many cases the sheer number of people will sway the balance as will the total size of the state. But looking at the GSP (I know what that is now ) on a per person or per acre basis will tell how productive each really is. If I produce $10 per acre on 100 acres and the fellow next door produces $1 per acre on 10,000 acres I would be far more efficient and hence more productive. The other guy would be using his resources inefficiently and hence wasting far more.

    I realize I'm not he only one paying high taxes. The problem I have is that out alleged leaders just keep spending money they don't have to buy votes. Taxes need to be reduced as does the spending. Bush got it half right, he cut the taxes. He should have demanded cuts in spending as well.

  4. #224
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jsin925 View Post
    i believe it was at the airport, but i could be wrong.



    it worked fine for tim mcveigh.

    where in history has military operations worked against terrorism?

    why is it that because i disagree with our strategy one makes the assumption that i believe we should do nothing?
    Pearl Harbor comes to mind. WWII comes to mind. Military operations will only work when they are not politicized. Unfortunately, this is what happened in Iraq. If the politicians stayed out of it, there would be a success story.

    FYI, Timothy McVeigh was a home grown terrorist.

  5. #225
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    I'll take that as meaning you got your Masters in some field that is high in demand like Humanities, Philosophy, Foreign Studies, Ethnic Studies or some other field that companies are beating the door down to hire candidates with. But it's the US economic system's fault you can't get a job. I understand EXACTLY where you are coming from. EXACTLY.
    Perfect!!! Bravo!!!! I just heard this girl the other night, can't get a job because the economy is bad. Question: So young lady, what is your degree in? Fine Arts.

    Why is it the artsy liberal types are always so quick to blame someone else for their problems?

  6. #226
    Forum Member scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    I'm not saying the DE is a force, simply, on a per capita basis they do better. As a whole California, New York, Texas, Alaska will always produce more than the smaller states like Rhode Island, Connecticut, Delaware, Massachusetts. When comparing one state to another you have to do it on a normalized scale. In many cases the sheer number of people will sway the balance as will the total size of the state. But looking at the GSP (I know what that is now ) on a per person or per acre basis will tell how productive each really is. If I produce $10 per acre on 100 acres and the fellow next door produces $1 per acre on 10,000 acres I would be far more efficient and hence more productive. The other guy would be using his resources inefficiently and hence wasting far more.
    Now you're moving the goal line to be effiency per individual. The bottom line is the bottom line. And that is what interests capitalists when they invest in a community. The market is where the consumers live. CA is also fortunate with being a coastal state that enables it to be conduit for forreign trade and being a place many want to visit. No offense to those in the Midwest, but few people I've ever met want to visit a wheat field. While the bigger guy may be less efficient he is also wealthier due to sheer volume that is occurring. In the example you provide, you may be ten times more efficient, but your competitor is ten times wealthier. Please explain to me when you were able to buy groceries with efficiency. If the larger farmer has any sense he will do two things immediately. They will buy the smaller guy after they have adopted the methodology to become more efficient. This isn't rocket surgery.

    Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    I realize I'm not he only one paying high taxes. The problem I have is that out alleged leaders just keep spending money they don't have to buy votes. Taxes need to be reduced as does the spending. Bush got it half right, he cut the taxes. He should have demanded cuts in spending as well.
    Bush reduced the rate of taxation. If you understand how the monetary system operates he has raised taxes tremendously by virtue of the deficits he has both submitted and approved. Deficit spending is tax shifting. And Bush has shifted almost as much as debt as his predecessors combined.
    Last edited by scfire86; 08-07-2008 at 10:16 AM.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  7. #227
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Just an observation. TomCat1066 seems to write well thought out posts using proper grammar, sentence structure and punctuation. Sort of like someone with an education. And then we have jsin925 who seems to write like a third grader. I wonder if he really does have a degree. And if he does, given his writings, I can understand why he can't get a job.

  8. #228
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Now you're moving the goal line to be effiency per individual. The bottom line is the bottom line. And that is what interests capitalists when they invest in a community. The market is where the consumers live. CA is also fortunate with being a coastal state that enables it to be conduit for forreign trade and being a place many want to visit. No offense to those in the Midwest, but few people I've ever met want to visit a wheat field. While the bigger guy may be less efficient he is also wealthier due to sheer volume that is occurring. In the example you provide, you may be ten times more efficient, but your competitor is ten times wealthier. Please explain to me when you were able to buy groceries with efficiency. If the larger farmer has any sense he will do two things immediately. They will buy the smaller guy after they have adopted the methodology to become more efficient. This isn't rocket surgery.
    Businesses invest by looking at the ROI. They want to get the most return for each dollar invested. That is the bottom line, what percentage did my investment return?

    NY also has a port, as well as the financial district. And what is really funny is that is where most of the wealth is, yet the state subsidizes their mass transit. If one ignores NYC the state is relatively poor. What is interesting is that the poor areas are republican and the wealthy areas are democratic. That alone says something.

    Bush reduced the rate of taxation. If you understand how the monetary system operates he has raised taxes tremendously by virtue of the deficits he has both submitted and approved. Deficit spending is tax shifting. And Bush has shifted almost as much as debt as his predecessors combined.
    That is sort of what I said. They didn't cut spending when they should have. Our government is worse than business. When business makes poor decisions and looses money they go out of business and file bankruptcy. Government just prints more money and puts us deeper in debt. And the next two clowns running for the president won't help matters either. Both want to spend more than they have.

    I got an idea, How about a balanced budget amendment?

  9. #229
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat1066 View Post
    And yet again you fail to answer this basic question. You say the economy sucks, and use your fruitless job search as an example, yet you won't even tell us what field you are seeking employment in? Come on...do you even have a masters?
    i'm not talking about myself anymore.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat1066 View Post
    That quote is one of the guiding principles of communism, socialism, and pretty much every economic system and advocates stealing from those who have been able to achieve and give to those who can't/won't.
    so people should be punished for being poor? are you saying if one is poor it's that person's fault? corporations get welfare, which is a form of socialism. universal healthcare is a form of socialism. public schools are a form of socialism. maybe the fire dept should be privatized?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat1066 View Post
    So, tell me then, if you are having such trouble with the job hunt, how are you able to travel out of country to meet with these people? If you can afford to travel out of country, how come you say it would be to expensive to move?
    how presumptuous of you to think i paid for it. the coffee roaster paid for everything.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat1066 View Post
    You keep mentioning Milton Friedman. Have you even read any of his work?
    i don't think i mentioned him in my last post, and yes.

  10. #230
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    Just an observation. TomCat1066 seems to write well thought out posts using proper grammar, sentence structure and punctuation. Sort of like someone with an education. And then we have jsin925 who seems to write like a third grader. I wonder if he really does have a degree. And if he does, given his writings, I can understand why he can't get a job.
    And I don't even have a degree

  11. #231
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    Perfect!!! Bravo!!!! I just heard this girl the other night, can't get a job because the economy is bad. Question: So young lady, what is your degree in? Fine Arts.

    Why is it the artsy liberal types are always so quick to blame someone else for their problems?
    you know everytime you buy a bottle of something, a motorcycle, a chair, so on and so forth, someone had to design the bottle, the motorcycle, the chair, and most likely that person went to art school and majored in industrial design, therefore having a degree in fine arts.

    and why use liberal in such a pejorative sense? are you liberal about nothing? do believe in premarital sex, which is a liberal idea?

  12. #232
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    Just an observation. TomCat1066 seems to write well thought out posts using proper grammar, sentence structure and punctuation. Sort of like someone with an education. And then we have jsin925 who seems to write like a third grader. I wonder if he really does have a degree. And if he does, given his writings, I can understand why he can't get a job.
    you seem to think i care what you think about me.

  13. #233
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jsin925 View Post
    you know everytime you buy a bottle of something, a motorcycle, a chair, so on and so forth, someone had to design the bottle, the motorcycle, the chair, and most likely that person went to art school and majored in industrial design, therefore having a degree in fine arts.
    And there are a finite amount of jobs for those fields. It's generally a well known fact that, as a fine arts major, you will have difficulty in finding a job in that field. My own mother has a degree in fine arts, and her and her classmates all understood this (she was a non-traditional student so I actually knew her classmates). It isn't difficult to do a bit of research to see what the job market is like before studying something.

    And, for the record, I don't dog any major. However, when someone majors in Women's Studies, or Philosophy, then complains they can't get a job with the degree? Well, we called all those programs "You want fries with that" degrees for a reason.

    Of course, jsin925, you're experiencing these same pressures. Please, tell us what your degree is in so we can understand just how bad things are. Otherwise, we have to assume you've got a "you want fries with that?" degree and see no reason to put validity to anything you've related. On the other hand, finding out you have a degree like engineering, computer science, etc, would help us understand what you're saying.

  14. #234
    Back In Black ChiefKN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    The Nice Part of New Jersey
    Posts
    6,981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jsin925 View Post
    4.depends on where one lives. norway is pretty much socialist and it works out fine for them. venezuela is bolivarian socialist and it works out fine for the majority of people there, that's why hugo chavez has constantly been re-elected, and the rank and file of their military put him back in power when the military brass and the elites tried there coup in 2002. south america is moving towards socialism, and electing presidents who aren't part of the elite (chavez, morales, lula, and the lady in chile, i forgot her name, who is a socialist, single mother, agnostic, and i believe she was tortured under pinochet). what works for the goose doesn't always work for the gander.
    Are you kidding me? Hugo Chavez?

    First, let's talk about Norway. Norway has steadily moved away from socialism and more towards personal ownership of capital. It's arguable to even say they were a socialist country as that would imply no private ownership of capital. They have sold off state interests in the petroleum industry, state television stations, and many other industries. Sweden has even privatized their social security program!

    Did you know that Norway had one of the highest single mother rates in the western world? Why? Because the welfare state of Norway pays unwed mothers....

    Let's talk about your hero, Hugo Chavez. From the US state department:

    http://www.state.gov/g/drl/rls/rm/31740.htm

    He is a scumbag ruthless dictator who abuses his power, people and spits on democracy. When you violate human rights and use vigilante death squads, I don't know how you can consider that an honest election.

    He is of the ilk of Hitler, Mussolini, and Castro.

    I am now firmly in the camp that you do not have a masters degree and I wonder at the level of your secondary education.
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

    "The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

    "When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

  15. #235
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefKN View Post
    I am now firmly in the camp that you do not have a masters degree and I wonder at the level of your secondary education.
    Welcome aboard Chief. We've got a fresh pot of coffee ready

  16. #236
    Back In Black ChiefKN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    The Nice Part of New Jersey
    Posts
    6,981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jsin925 View Post
    you know everytime you buy a bottle of something, a motorcycle, a chair, so on and so forth, someone had to design the bottle, the motorcycle, the chair, and most likely that person went to art school and majored in industrial design, therefore having a degree in fine arts.

    and why use liberal in such a pejorative sense? are you liberal about nothing? do believe in premarital sex, which is a liberal idea?
    Yes, and those people have jobs.

    The liberals are claiming that premarital sex is THEIR idea?!?!? I think that there are some prehistory folks that would disagree.

    The liberals just perfected the art and now can screw a whole country over without marrying them.

    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

    "The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

    "When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

  17. #237
    MembersZone Subscriber voyager9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Southern NJ
    Posts
    2,007

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat1066 View Post
    Welcome aboard Chief. We've got a fresh pot of coffee ready
    That had better be fair market coffee...
    So you call this your free country
    Tell me why it costs so much to live
    -3dd

  18. #238
    Forum Member Dave1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Gator Country
    Posts
    4,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jasper45 View Post
    What US citizens have been arrested? Which US citizens have been ripped from their homes by the government?

    Innocent until proven guilty? Come on, we're not talking about crime, were talking about warfare. We're talking about people who are not US citizens who have taken up arms against the United States. We're talking about people who are combating the United States and who have a goal of toppling us as a nation. These are not common criminals, and you know that.
    None...YET. Today the act has only been used for, as far as is known to the public, for the war on terror. However, that is not its only limits. That is the problem.

    By the rest of your response, you didn't do the homework assignment. Shame on you. The other statute I mentioned has nothing to do with either terrorism or war, and it relates directly to law abiding, US citizens.

    Everyone needs to realize that the war on terror is the veil being used by the people currently in power to cover their actual agenda, which is of a much wider scope.

    Surely your intelligent enough to realize that.
    Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

    IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

    "No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
    RUSH-Tom Sawyer

    Success is when skill meets opportunity
    Failure is when fantasy meets reality

  19. #239
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jsin925 View Post
    i'm not talking about myself anymore.
    Nice cop out. Then we'll assume you're just full of it. We can now disregard your ramblings about your plight as the BS they obviously are.

    so people should be punished for being poor? are you saying if one is poor it's that person's fault?
    First, you need to define poor. The poor in this country are far better off any many places in the world. And, is it their fault if they're poor? Depends on the person. If they were born with limited mental capacity, then probably not. Same can be true of physical capacity. However, if they are of average intelligence, physically sound, and are poor, then it's been their decisions that have led them there.

    Is it a bad thing? Not if it's their choice. But, ultimately, it is up to them to fix it if they're unhappy. Not the government.

    corporations get welfare, which is a form of socialism.
    And I dare you to find one post where I say that's OK. Corporations should thrive of fail on their own. Period.

    universal healthcare is a form of socialism.
    What makes you think I don't know this? What makes you think I agree with universal healthcare?

    public schools are a form of socialism.
    Yes, they are. And look at the crappy job they do of educating people. Your own lack of writing skills should be example enough

    maybe the fire dept should be privatized?
    Right. Even though one thing that is the government's responsibility is public safety.

    how presumptuous of you to think i paid for it. the coffee roaster paid for everything.
    How presumptuous of you to expect me to be a freaking mind reader. Why then, did a coffee roaster, pay for you to travel out of country on this little trip? Inquiring minds want to know.



    i don't think i mentioned him in my last post, and yes.
    Really? That's funny, because you seem to think of him as a socialist when in fact he was actually against government involvement in the free market economy, believing that the free market economy (not that "fair market" BS you've been running on about) lead to political and social freedom.

    Maybe it's time to reread? It sounds like you're thinking Keynes instead.

  20. #240
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefKN View Post
    Are you kidding me? Hugo Chavez?

    First, let's talk about Norway. Norway has steadily moved away from socialism and more towards personal ownership of capital. It's arguable to even say they were a socialist country as that would imply no private ownership of capital. They have sold off state interests in the petroleum industry, state television stations, and many other industries. Sweden has even privatized their social security program!

    Did you know that Norway had one of the highest single mother rates in the western world? Why? Because the welfare state of Norway pays unwed mothers....

    Let's talk about your hero, Hugo Chavez. From the US state department:

    http://www.state.gov/g/drl/rls/rm/31740.htm

    He is a scumbag ruthless dictator who abuses his power, people and spits on democracy. When you violate human rights and use vigilante death squads, I don't know how you can consider that an honest election.

    He is of the ilk of Hitler, Mussolini, and Castro.

    I am now firmly in the camp that you do not have a masters degree and I wonder at the level of your secondary education.
    because i mention people you all jump to the assumption that i think this person is a great guy. chavez was democratically elected. last election there were people there to make sure everything was on the up and up, and they declared that the election was kosher. he respected the votes of the people when they voted down his last referendum. what dictator does that? i don't believe what the state dept says about him, considering the cia was in on the coup attempt in 2002, and continue to fund his opposition. he is no hitler or mussolini, but he may be a little like castro. he does give poor people here heating oil at a discounted rate. all a pr move, but he still does it.

    we violate human rights, extraordinary rendition for example, and we kill innocent people. we are no saints.

    i don't care about the single mother rate in norway. being a single mother isn't an evil to me.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. FF safety/chicken BBQs
    By princessAJ in forum U.S. States
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-23-2007, 12:57 PM
  2. Chicken Fry on Saturday 6-24
    By rustyknobbs in forum Illinois
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-21-2006, 08:19 AM
  3. Subservient Chicken
    By EMTSteve in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-09-2004, 02:22 PM
  4. Keithsburg FD Fish & Chicken Fry
    By emtbecka in forum Volunteer Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-30-2003, 09:13 AM
  5. August Fire Scenario #2: BBQ Chicken Anyone?
    By Dalmation90 in forum Fireground Tactics
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-08-1999, 10:52 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts