Forum Member

Default Chicken sh*t Nancy Pelosi!!!!!

I have NEVER, EVER been more insulted as an American Citizen in my entire life. I have never felt more betrayed by my government, and I have never had as much of a feeling of loss of all hope as I had today. The Ultra-Liberals obviously care more about their vacations than the needs of the American People. I'm glad. I'm glad that they can go on vacation. BECAUSE I CAN'T FOOKING AFFORD TO! SCREW IT! IF I CAN'T GO ON VACATION, SOMEONE SHOULD!

Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid have defied the will and the needs of the American People. Nancy Pelosi has insulted the American way of life and liberty, by closing THE PEOPLES HOUSE. She did so without a proper vote. Numerous voices throughout the House demanded a recorded vote on the motion to adjourn- from both sides of the aisle. But in a typical, communist-like action, she turned off the microphones, switched off the cameras, and tossed out the reporters. Out of the People's house.

Nancy, you chicken sh*t, just how much are the uber-environmentalists paying you to screw the american people....And will you give me a kiss when you get done fooking me?

If Bush issues an executive recall of the house, I will forgive his wrongdoings of the past 2 years.....
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

MembersZone Subscriber

Since when has Nancy Pelosi cared about anyone other than Nancy Pelosi? This is not about vacations. This is about agendas. She wants to maintain her cash cow-the radical left. She does it by refusing to bring to the floor for a vote any issue that she fears will go against the left's agenda. She has done it before.

She did not win any popularity contests today. She is going to be made to account for her actions and she will not be able to. The smartest thing that the Republicans can do is to not leave Washington and to pound the Sunday talk show circuit.

Prediction? Resignation.
    PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

Banned

I will tell you this much. She has no business criticizing Bush about anything. As the leader of the House the approval of her body has dropped to the cellar. I do use her as a gauge of opinion though. When she disagrees with something that should be done I know it is the right thing to do. For instance, she opposes drilling for oil off shore and in ANWR, therefor I know it is the right thing to do.

Forum Member

What a bunch of crybabies. The Bush policies over the last seven years have led directly to the situation we're in now, along with a Republican controlled congress. Big Oil has been raping us at taxpayer expense for years, with little or no oversight. This is nothing but the usual Republican theatrics and grandstanding. You really think their idea of an "energy bill" is going to fix this mess in a month? That the solution is to give the oil companies billions more of our money so that they can continue to rake in record profits quarter after quarter?
    Damn, Republicans are dumb. Get a towel, sniffles; you helped make this bed, now lie in it.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleman View Post
    What a bunch of crybabies. The Bush policies over the last seven years have led directly to the situation we're in now, along with a Republican controlled congress. Big Oil has been raping us at taxpayer expense for years, with little or no oversight. This is nothing but the usual Republican theatrics and grandstanding. You really think their idea of an "energy bill" is going to fix this mess in a month? That the solution is to give the oil companies billions more of our money so that they can continue to rake in record profits quarter after quarter?
    Damn, Republicans are dumb. Get a towel, sniffles; you helped make this bed, now lie in it.
    Bob, I think this is less about energy policy and more about what she did. You know alot about how our government operates. I think you would have to agree that what she did is almost a subversion of the democratic process.

Forum Member

It amounts to, I don't care what the people want.

It is a subversion on the highest order of the democratic process. It is not about party politics.

Numerous voices throughout the House demanded a recorded vote on the motion to adjourn- from both sides of the aisle.
    SHAME on her!! To tell my representatives that they will not be heard, that I will not be heard!!! If this stands, our republic will soon cease to be as a free nation of voters. It will cease to be a goverment of the people, by the people and for the people. This is a desecration of what countless millions of soldiers, sailors, marines and airmen have fought to defend!! I am shocked and outraged!!! If you are not, you are just a SHEEP!
    I.A.C.O.J. Charter Member
    "Chet, get an inch and a half on that!"

"Not for fame or reward,Not for place or rank. Not lured by ambition or goaded by necessity. But in simple obedience to duty as they understood it. These men suffered,sacrificed,dared all, and died. Let us never forget our fallen friends."

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Angry Totally Predictable...........

Can't we just give California their Independence, Let them be their own Nation?? Then we'd be rid of a HUGE amount of things that are killing the rest of us....... Nancy is only a Symbol of the Radical Left Greenies that are smothering the rest of us with their "The Sky is Falling" Nonsense. If we're going to get this Country back on track, then the Environmentalists and their "Green at all costs" Mentality have to go.
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Banned

Problem is the Democrats have had control since 2006, and things have gotten worse since. Nancy, Barbara, Hillary and the rest have failed the American Public. In fact, since the Democrats took control the price of gas has nearly doubled. This is exactly what the greenies want. They don't care about you and I at all. The republicans want to do something now to fix the problem. The democrats want to run and hde.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    Problem is the Democrats have had control since 2006, and things have gotten worse since. Nancy, Barbara, Hillary and the rest have failed the American Public. In fact, since the Democrats took control the price of gas has nearly doubled. This is exactly what the greenies want. They don't care about you and I at all. The republicans want to do something now to fix the problem. The democrats want to run and hde.
    I am probably the most conservative one on here, but I have to tell you, the Republicans are guilty of completely squandering their opportunity to make a dramatic improvement. It can be done, as the Gingrich House proved. But from 2002 (?) to 2006 they, frankly, blew it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    For instance, she opposes drilling for oil off shore and in ANWR, therefor I know it is the right thing to do.
    Are you willing to pay billions of subsidies to the oil companies to drill in ANWR? Because that is what they want before they start drilling. Somehow that inconvenient fact is never mentioned by the conservatives who got their thongs in a twist.

Given the trampling of procedures that occurred during the 14 years of a GOP majority Pelosi gave them a dose of their own medicine. The reaction has been hysterical to watch.

In fact, since the Democrats took control the price of gas has nearly doubled.
    How is that the Democrats fault? When gas jumped to the unheard of price of $3/gal I stated no one should be surprised at that occurrence with a President and VP who have direct ties to the oil industry. Yet now the Dems are to blame for $4/gal gas? This statement is ludicrous unless you have some type of proof that shows a direct connection between the two.
    Last edited by scfire86; 08-02-2008 at 02:43 PM.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    She did not win any popularity contests today. She is going to be made to account for her actions and she will not be able to. The smartest thing that the Republicans can do is to not leave Washington and to pound the Sunday talk show circuit.

Prediction? Resignation.
    Doubtful except for the Republican reaction. Pelosi is in one of the safest Dem districts in the country. Right now the Dems stand to expand their majorities in both Houses.

Forum Member

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH!!!

A taste of their own medicine?? Are you on CRACK!?? I have never heard of such an action of this magnitude being done!!! YOUR rights have been trampled on!! YOUR representative was in essence told to shut up!! YOUR voice was silenced!! How you can support this action is BEYOND me!! I don't care what party she's from!!

This is a travesty!! This is unconscionable!! This is TREASON!!! YES TREASON!!! She has silenced the voice of the American people!!!! What kind of mindless twit are you to support her actions?????????

Just punch 10 in November and continue being a mindless idiot!!

"Not for fame or reward,Not for place or rank. Not lured by ambition or goaded by necessity. But in simple obedience to duty as they understood it. These men suffered,sacrificed,dared all, and died. Let us never forget our fallen friends."

Forum Member

Typical response from the left. Never criticize a Democrat or liberal for doing anything wrong, just turn it around adn say that "well the republicans did this......" so it is OK.

I am not saying that some of your points are not valid, yet you do not address the issues raised. The approval rating for Congress (as a whole) is much lower than it was 2 years ago - and is now MUCH lower than our President's. Last I heard it was below 10%, while Bush's is just under 30%. Not saying that is great, but your great, can-do-no-wrong Democratic party was supposed to improve the image of Congress and act on the behalf and best interest of the People.

You hold contempt for Bush for not doing so (and to a large extent this is justified), yet you do nothing of the same for the Democrats. Nor does the majority of the Left. The hypocracy shows through on you as much as it does on us - but you will never admit as much.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Doubtful except for the Republican reaction.
    Quite true. But her electorate should be as upset about it as everyone else. An outright corruption of representative responsibility is reprehensible - regardless of who is doing it. You know and I know it - but I highly doubt that you would admit it, although you would be screaming as much as people here if the Republicans had done the same thing.

Pelosi is in one of the safest Dem districts in the country.
    Pretty sad that an elected official can corrupt the people's will and necessities for her own political gain and not be called on it.

Right now the Dems stand to expand their majorities in both Houses.
    As they should considering the actions of the Republicans. However, both houses of a pathetically useless and ill-respected congress by the populace and a possible President of the same party does not bode well for you, me, us, or our nation. Sadly this is possible, and I think that should it happen there will be a big uproar in 4 years after the taxes are raised and there is no hope of a veto.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 1835Wayne View Post
    What kind of mindless twit are you to support her actions?????????
    Come on Wayne, you know as well as I do that a card-carrying member of the Democratic party or the Liberal Left will rarely, if ever, call another Democrat or Liberal on the carpet for their actions. Even if they are the same actions they decry a Republican for doing.

You have been around long enough to know that.

Forum Member

Man, this one just never gets old, does it?

Forum Member

This is a travesty!! This is unconscionable!! This is TREASON!!! YES TREASON!!! She has silenced the voice of the American people!!!! What kind of mindless twit are you to support her actions?????????
    It's called RECESS...they do it every year, and have been for many, many years. You should check into the Legislative Reorganization Act of 1970 before calling anyone else a "mindless twit"...twit.

Forum Member

It's called RECESS...
    Exactly. I'm sure all those GOP congressmen have their doctors appointments made for when their faux outrage hard-ons last longer than three days.

They had six years to formulate something resembling an energy policy and now that there is no more snooze buttons to hit on the alarm clocks they're claiming to being stymied by the Dems.

Couldn't get any funnier if they tried.

Forum Member

Recess. Sure. Shut off the microphones. Stop the objections from the floor. Silence anyone who disagrees. Ignore the people.

Blind party politics is ruining this country.

Like I said, and I'll say it again.

Forum Member

Recess. Sure. Shut off the microphones. Stop the objections from the floor. Silence anyone who disagrees. Ignore the people.

Blind party politics is ruining this country.

Like I said, and I'll say it again.

Wayne, notice how (as usual) neither one of these guys has introduced any facts into evidence, only made an excuse?

Recess is one thing, but you have an objection on the floor to the motion. Especially when the same lies......er I mean statements, from Nancy Pelosi were to be a more respectful majority. I love it when the Left gets caught in lies and their defenders only bring up past lies of Republicans, as if it is OK to do it.

Also notice how they deftly avoided answering the plummeting approval rating of thier beloved Democratically led congress that was supposed to work for the average man.

Sure the Republicans had 6 years to come up with an energy policy - and screwed the pooch. I don't recall President Clinton doing it. Nor do I recall the previously Democratically held congress doing it before 1992 with prior energy crises. Nor did Jimmy Carter do it after 2 major energy crises. However the Democrats have had 18 months this time around, so their apparent choice for a rebuttal to the energy policy proffered is NOT to offer their own up, just to argue against a Republican measure. Wanna bet that the Democrats will not offer up an energy plan of any sort?
    Last edited by DaSharkie; 08-03-2008 at 08:15 AM.

Banned

Are you willing to pay billions of subsidies to the oil companies to drill in ANWR? Because that is what they want before they start drilling. Somehow that inconvenient fact is never mentioned by the conservatives who got their thongs in a twist.

Did you know that recent research shows that 20% of the worlds undiscovered oil reserves lie above the arctic circle. Although I ask the question, How do they know how much is there if it is undiscovered?
    http://blogs.wsj.com/environmentalca...ic-oil-gusher/
    Did you also know that Russia, Canada, and the Netherlands are already tapping into that pool of oil? Did you also know that drilling in ANWR will allow the US to use the already bought and paid for Alaska oil pipeline?

Given the trampling of procedures that occurred during the 14 years of a GOP majority Pelosi gave them a dose of their own medicine. The reaction has been hysterical to watch.
    So she is just like they are...No there is leadership.. It just sickens me to see these legislators acting like a bunch of elementary school kids on the playground. The young lady needs to grow and stop acting like a 10 year old.

"In fact, since the Democrats took control the price of gas has nearly doubled."
    How is that the Democrats fault? When gas jumped to the unheard of price of $3/gal I stated no one should be surprised at that occurrence with a President and VP who have direct ties to the oil industry. Yet now the Dems are to blame for $4/gal gas? This statement is ludicrous unless you have some type of proof that shows a direct connection between the two.
    I'm glad you agree, that was said somewhat tongue in cheek. Seems people forget that the current rise in fuel prices started in Bill Clinton's last 3 years as president. The trend has simply continued throughout the Bush years. During that time none of our elected officials have done anything to change it. Difference now is the Republicans have been trying to come up with solutions and do something, their opponents are just walking away. They all make me laugh. If one side says the sky is green the other will say the sky is red. In the end both are wrong and we the people take it in the shorts

Banned

Allow me to also add one more thought. The democrats (aka Liberals) are happy about the high price of gas. This plays right into their belief that we must do something about the alleged Man Made Global Warming. What dopes to think we can control the climate. At any rate, the high price of oil and gas equates to a reduction in consumption, which is what these nut cases want, no matter the cost. In the end, the poor and the working class get hurt again for some idealistic hoopla that means absolutely nothing. The high cost of energy is directly responsible for the collapsing economy. Don't worry that you can't afford food, you will save the growing polar bear population.

Forum Member

YOUR rights have been trampled on!!
    Excuse me????

Have you been paying any attention whatsoever to whats been happening to our "rights" since GWB and his morality police have been in charge? And I guess you also missed the fact that your government of the people, by the people and for the people can now spy on you and detain you without just cause.

Talk about mindless...
    Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
    RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
    Failure is when fantasy meets reality

Back In Black

What a bunch of crybabies. The Bush policies over the last seven years have led directly to the situation we're in now, along with a Republican controlled congress.
    LOL, typical reply. It's all BUSH's fault!
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Forum Member

The House officially adjourned, just like they always do...even when the Republicans were in control. This is nothing but election year theatrics by a bunch of whiney-*** rightwing crybabies who aren't getting their way and have decided the best way to serve the nation is to throw an embarrassing tantrum.
    They had six years to formulate something resembling an energy policy and now that there is no more snooze buttons to hit on the alarm clocks they're claiming to being stymied by the Dems.
    Exactly. They didn't do a damned thing in six years with the lights on, so now they're sitting in the dark crying on each other shoulders.
    Simply pathetic.

Thread Information