Default Any one know when City of Miami or Miami-Dade County are hiring?

Hi guys I'm new here. I found this site through the police forum since I'm always on there. My brother is very interested in joining either City of Miami or Miami-Dade Fire Rescue. Any body have any info on when they'll be hiring? My brother just graduated high school what should he do now? Take some classes to get his EMT or what? I don't know much about the Fire Department & their hiring process.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ERMDPD View Post
    Hi guys I'm new here. I found this site through the police forum since I'm always on there. My brother is very interested in joining either City of Miami or Miami-Dade Fire Rescue. Any body have any info on when they'll be hiring? My brother just graduated high school what should he do now? Take some classes to get his EMT or what? I don't know much about the Fire Department & their hiring process.
    I would recommend calling their recruitment office and/or checking out their website for starters.

http://www.ci.miami.fl.us/Fire/pages/Firefighter.asp

We were "told" that Miami-Dade might be hiring now in January. Has anybody heard anything about them?

MembersZone Subscriber

call the recruitment line and you will get all the info you need for the upcoming process in january........

Default City of Miami Hiring NOW

The City of Miami Fire Rescue Dept begins hiring on this coming Monday, February 2nd 2009. ONLY THE FIRST 500 COMPLETED APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED. Applications begin at 8am, but get there early because a large crowd is expected due to the 500 application limitation. Follow this link: http://www.miamigov.com/employeerel/...20Openings.asp to download the required Employment Application Form and to obtain additional information on pursuing a career as a City of Miami Firefighter. Print out and FULLY complete all the applications including notary where required before you arrive. Bring originals AND copies of Driver License, High School Diploma, and EMT or Paramedic License. ONLY HS DIPLOMA AND DRIV LIC IS REQUIRED FOR HIRING. Starting salary for Non-EMT is $45,929. Added Incentive Pay for those hired with EMT and Paramedic.

MembersZone Subscriber

Firefighter Hiring

Miami-Dade Fire Rescue (MDFR) will be accepting online applications for the position of firefighter, from March 1 - 15, 2009. There will be no paper applications for this hiring process. All applications must be submitted online at the Online Application Site. All previous eligibility lists have expired and everyone must re-apply to become eligible for the new hiring list.
    A professional firefighting career with MDFR includes highly specialized work in the protection of life and property through the provision of firefighting and emergency medical rescue services. Duties include, but are not limited to, combat firefighting, emergency medical rescue work, public education and fire prevention activities.

Annual Salary Range:
    Approximately $35,000 to $65,000 (subject to periodic change)

Requirements for Employment:

Must be 18 years of age at time of application.
    Must have a high school diploma or GED.
    Must not have been convicted of a felony nor of any misdemeanor directly related to the position of employment sought, nor have pled "nolo contendere" to any charge of a felony.
    Must submit fingerprints to be processed by the FDLE and the FBI.
    Must have a good moral character as determined by a thorough background investigation.
    Must be a non-user of tobacco or tobacco products for at least 1 year immediately preceding application, as evidenced by a sworn affidavit.
    Must have, or be able to obtain, a valid Florida Driver's License and have maintained a good driving record.
    Must be able to work variable shifts, including shifts that require 24 hours of consecutive duty.
    Examinations:

Audio/Written Screening Test (AWST)
    Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT)
    Medical Examination & Stress Test
    Preferences:

Preference will be given to qualifying U.S. military veterans.
    Preference will be given to graduates of the Miami-Dade County Academy of Fire Rescue (MDCAFR) high school magnet program.
    Preference may also be given to State of Florida Certified Paramedics, EMT's, and/or Firefighters.
    Applications are only accepted during active recruitment periods. For more information about the hiring process and recruitment period dates, call the Firefighter Applicant Hotline at 786-331-4700

www.fireprep.com
    1-800-989-FIRE

Thread Information