I've been working out for a long time now but I worry that I won't be prepared correctly for the academy when I most likely go in in January. The CPAT is coming up but that's relatively easy compared to the academy.

I've been trying to run and eventually aim to run about 3 to 4 times a week for about 3 miles.

My problem is with the rest of my training. I'm not sure what to do. My training has always been more geared for strength, i.e. lower reps, more weight. I don't know if this will benefit me much for the academy. Should I keep doing that and add more muscular endurance stuff?

For example, right now I'm doing Mark Rippetoe's Starting Strength(since out of all the routines I've done this gave me the most real world applicable strength since it's nothing but basic barbell compound lifts) Then I could add some crossfit since I've heard how that's great for muscular endurance. The problem is, where would I add it? Inbetween my strength days or just add in 20-30 minutes of crossfit at the end of my workout?

Any advice would be more than welcome. I thank you all in advance.