MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Default Keystone Kops Anyone?

I can't help but chuckle at this one, only the more so because no one received any significant injuries. It still would have been funny to see and respond to:

D.C. Officers Injured When Cruiser Strikes Trash Bin. Officers Trying To Control Crowd At Time Of Incident

POSTED: 1:23 pm EDT August 6, 2008
    UPDATED: 1:36 pm EDT August 6, 2008

WASHINGTON -- Three D.C. police officers were injured Tuesday night when they were responding to an incident in northeast Washington.

Officers responded to the rear of an alley in the 4400 block of Ponds Street northeast at about 11:40 p.m. to deal with a large, unruly crowd, authorities said.

A responding cruiser swerved to avoid striking a pedestrian and instead struck a trash bin, which struck an officer at the scene, authorities said.

The struck officer fell on a second officer. No one in the cruiser was reported injured. A pedestrian was also injured when the trash bin was struck.

A third officer at the scene was injured while trying to arrest a combative prisoner, authorities said.

All of the injured officers were taken to area hospitals and treated for non-life-threatening injuries and released.

Copyright 2008 by nbc4.com.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

MembersZone Subscriber

That's funny as hell. You continue to prove how foolish you are.

If the incident had involved FF being injured, would it have been just as funny?
    PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

Piney Power
    Berkeley Township, New Jersey, United States

Yeah, it's not really funny. It just goes to show that accidents can happen if not prepared for them and when not being careful and safe. I wonder how fast the police cruiser was traveling when it swerved and hit the garbage bin? If it was going slow enough it would've been easy to just stop to not hit the pedestrian instead of swerving and causing further damage, injury, or death.
    Pinewald Pioneer Vol. Fire Co. No. 1 Sta. 20
    "Piney Power"

Berkeley Emergency Response Team (B.E.R.T./Haz-Mat/WMD/CBRNE) Station 85
    Berkeley Township, New Jersey 08721

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    That's funny as hell. You continue to prove how foolish you are.

If the incident had involved FF being injured, would it have been just as funny?
    Ya know George, I knew as soon as I posted this that you would take that stand. Just fark'n knew it! Tis really sad that you would, and in spite of a lot of good, ya know... sigh. No. That is the problem, you just DONT KNOW.

But ya know what? Even if it had involved FOUR Malahat fire trucks or FOUR Vienna fire trucks, as long as long as no one got hurt, except maybe pride, I would still have posted this and written the same comments.

Thank you George for your insite. It is as always truly .....????? Sorry, I dont have a word in the English language to describe it.

MembersZone Subscriber

C 'mon now kids, fight nice.

George, stop hitting your brother!
    Jason Knecht
    Assistant Chief
    Altoona Fire Dept.
    Altoona, WI

IACOJ - Director of Cheese and Whine
    http://www.cheddarvision.tv/
    EAT CHEESE OR DIE!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by MalahatTwo7 View Post
    Ya know George, I knew as soon as I posted this that you would take that stand. Just fark'n knew it! Tis really sad that you would, and in spite of a lot of good, ya know... sigh. No. That is the problem, you just DONT KNOW.

But ya know what? Even if it had involved FOUR Malahat fire trucks or FOUR Vienna fire trucks, as long as long as no one got hurt, except maybe pride, I would still have posted this and written the same comments.

Thank you George for your insite. It is as always truly .....????? Sorry, I dont have a word in the English language to describe it.
    So you posted this to start a fight? Well, you got one.

People DID get hurt here. Three police officers and a civilian as a matter of fact. Try to explain to me what is funny about four police officers sustaining injuies in the line of duty.

MembersZone Subscriber

So you posted this to start a fight? Well, you got one.
    No, George, I did not. If I had posted this with intent to start a fight it would have been headlined by something like":

HEY GEORGE, HOLD ME BEER AND WATCH THIS....

Or some other less than witty line.

But since I did not. Sigh. Oh well. Another one bites the dust I guess.

MembersZone Subscriber

Let's try again, since you obviously evaded the subject.

Try to explain to me what is funny about four police officers sustaining injuies in the line of duty.

Forum Member

probably the same thing that was funny when an officer dropped his pants to use the bathroom and shot one of his nuts off. many on here felt bad for the guy, and wished he had a speedy recovery, but also thought it was pretty funny. you obviously had a different take on the matter, and can't see the humor in it.

I happen to think the funniest part of this article is that the 2nd officer was hurt when the first officer fell on him after being struck by the bin. and I hope they all have a speedy recover from the projectile trash bin, from the officer who was fallen on by his coworker, and the officer who was injured while dealing with the combative prisoner.

and no George, I don't care what you think of me or this post.
    If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

FF/EMT/DBP

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by DrParasite View Post
    probably the same thing that was funny when an officer dropped his pants to use the bathroom and shot one of his nuts off. many on here felt bad for the guy, and wished he had a speedy recovery, but also thought it was pretty funny. you obviously had a different take on the matter, and can't see the humor in it.

I happen to think the funniest part of this article is that the 2nd officer was hurt when the first officer fell on him after being struck by the bin. and I hope they all have a speedy recover from the projectile trash bin, from the officer who was fallen on by his coworker, and the officer who was injured while dealing with the combative prisoner.

And I'm quite certain that no one cares what the single-most anti-cop poster on this forum has to say.

MembersZone Subscriber

oh god now that is funny! something could be said about survival of the fitest

MembersZone Subscriber

And I'm quite certain that no one cares what the single-most anti-cop poster on this forum has to say.
    Well George, when you figure out who he/she is, please let us know. I thought that TrojanHorse had "left the building" a long time ago.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by MalahatTwo7 View Post
    Well George, when you figure out who he/she is, please let us know. I thought that TrojanHorse had "left the building" a long time ago.
    If you had been paying attention for a few years now, you know that I believe that parasite is the single-most anti-cop person on here. And he has provided quite a bit of evidence over thattime to prove me right.

You, however, are in the top ten.

BTW, are you ever going to address the point that I brought up three times so far? What is funny about LOD injuries to four police officers?

the 4-1-4

Maybe I'm missing my funny bone, but I don't see the humor in this story, either.

Police are responding to a large, unruly mob, probably with a lot on their mind. A responding office swerves to avoid a pedestrian and almost seriously injures other police and civilians?

I guess funny never entered my mind, sorry.

Forum Member

If you had been paying attention for a few years now, you know that I believe that parasite is the single-most anti-cop person on here. And he has provided quite a bit of evidence over thattime to prove me right.

You, however, are in the top ten.

BTW, are you ever going to address the point that I brought up three times so far? What is funny about LOD injuries to four police officers?
    and George is the single most anti-firefighter (especially volunteer firefighter) cop on here.

MalahatTwo7, welcome to the club.

and don't worry about ****ing off George, he has no sense of humor when you say anything about his fellow boys in blue.

and where are these 4 LOD injuries? I only counted 3, as did the article.... maybe the bin bounced off another officer after one officer fell over the other?
    If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

FF/EMT/DBP

MembersZone Subscriber

and George is the single most anti-firefighter (especially volunteer firefighter) cop on here.

MalahatTwo7, welcome to the club.

and don't worry about ****ing off George, he has no sense of humor when you say anything about his fellow boys in blue.

and where are these 4 LOD injuries? I only counted 3, as did the article.... maybe the bin bounced off another officer after one officer fell over the other?
    Comical. Especially since I have been a volunteer for over 30 years, as well as an instructor and officer. Very comical.

MembersZone Subscriber

Actuall? No. I'm not on account that no matter what I say to the contrary, you will construe it to your own ends.

Something I don't quite understand, and I suspect likely never will is this one small, but (well maybe not so) important thing:

You and I agree on a great many things and even sometimes stand shoulder to shoulder on some pretty tough issues. So I keep wondering what and why it is that you seem to think that I am a "cop-hater". Or something like that. I've already attempted to address that on more than one occasion so am not going to repeat myself - why bother?

Forum Member

If I had been watching a sit-com on television when the above mentioned occurance happened in the course of the show, I probably would have laughed. The humor (to me) isn't who it happened to, but rather the unlikely train of events that led to the injuries. Any workplace injury is serious, and should be treated as such, but the circumstances leading up to the injury cannot always be predicted. I don't remember seeing the signs to avoid falling officers, or rolling trash bins.

There is no humor to the officer injured by the combative prisoner.

By the way, the fourth injured in the story was a pedestrian hit by the trash bin as well.
    I fish for a living, but I have to work for money...

Forum Member

Comical. Especially since I have been a volunteer for over 30 years, as well as an instructor and officer. Very comical.
    you're a self-hating volunteer. I've seen your kind before.

I don't doubt that you have been a volunteer for over 30 years, nor do I doubt that you would stab your fellow volunteers in the back to take the side of your law enforcement buddies in the even that there was a conflict.

you can stop talking now

FF/EMT/DBP

MembersZone Subscriber

you're a self-hating volunteer. I've seen your kind before.

I don't doubt that you have been a volunteer for over 30 years, nor do I doubt that you would stab your fellow volunteers in the back to take the side of your law enforcement buddies in the even that there was a conflict.

you can stop talking now
    You are pathetic. You continually display your hatred for law enforcement and then accuse me of being the one who hates.

Skippy, you will never know how wrong you are. Never.

Thread Information