Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Explainations

MembersZone Subscriber MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Red face Explainations

Y'all know how it is sometimes. You are required to explain a somewhat complex task to a person that you know for a fact has an imagination deficiency. You know its going to be painful just to get him/her to understand the basics, and now you've got a complex idea that needs to be communicated and you know its gonna be painful.

Well I just had one of those types of conversations where I had to explain in great depth what was required. On the surface the task was quite simple. Call to a specified airline and make some pointed queries regarding air fare for a trip that has already happened. Should be simple.

The short story is the person in question could not get through because the "Press One For ..." options did not offer what he/she was looking for. {I suggested pressing "One" until you get a real operator.}However there was a fax number for which non-standard queries could be made. I was shown the fax and found a small error in the request: What about this other leg of the trip?

SUDDENLY THE LIGHTS CAME ON!! He/she finally understood what I was asking for! All it took was to use a different box of crayons.....

MembersZone Subscriber

Default from your other post

You are required to explain a somewhat complex task to a person that you know for a fact has an imagination deficiency.
    a politican ??? why would you call a politican about this?
    Last edited by superchef; 08-06-2008 at 09:20 PM.

Thread Information