Orem Boy Burned in Toilet Paper Fire
Orem boy burned during toilet paper prank
August 11th, 2008 @ 10:58pm
(KSL News) A boy is being treated for burns following an incident in an Orem park.
Orem police say dispatchers received a call around 5 p.m. Monday. A group of boys aged 8 to 11 were playing at a park next to Geneva Elementary School near 300 North and 700 West in Orem.
The group had wrapped one of the boys in toilet paper. Police say he was a willing participant. The boys then strung toilet paper around parts of the park and lit a piece of it on fire.
Police say the fire got out of hand, and the boys tried to put it out by stomping their feet. The boy wrapped in toilet paper caught fire and suffered burns on 20 to 25 percent of his body.
He has second- and third-degree burns on his upper body, arms, neck and face. He was taken to Orem Community Hospital by his father and then flown to University of Utah Hospital.