Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default looking for an scba valve

I need to find a place to purchase scba valves at a reasonable price. Specifically, I'm looking for a scott 4500 psi valve. Can anyone direct me to someone who can help?

Thanks

James

MembersZone Subscriber

Your local Scott distributor?

Forum Member

How about your local scott repair center. Not really something you want to be messing with. Only user serviceable parts are batteries and o-rings for the high pressure connection. Anything else and your behind is on the line!

Forum Member

I am not sure if this is what the OP is looking for, but at my station we have a connection that goes onto the SCBA cylinder and adapts it to 1/4" pipe thread. We run air tools off of it.

I am trying to find a second one an nobody seems to know where these can be found.
    Just wondering if anybody has any ideas for this..

Thanks
    The opinions I post to these forums do not represent any entity to which I am affiliated.

I had a friend (*ah-hem* me *ah hem*) with a similar need. He wanted to use a 4500 psi Scott pak that had been out of service (still hydrotested) to fill his significantly smaller compressed air paintball tank (also 4500 psi).

He researched dealers online that specialize in compressed air fittings and adapters; called them with what he wanted to accomplish and they had a solution. They custom made the fitting and he spent about $40.00 for a neverending refill for the sport. CAUTION! DO NOT USE FOR IDLH CONDITIONS. OR ANYTHING RELATED TO FIREFIGHTING. Make sure what you use has had its hydrostatic test and is currently up to date.

Hope that helps. Oh. I don't think my friend remembers the dealer he used. Sorry about that.
    TinCup

"The nobility of the occupation thrills us and stimulates us to deeds of daring, even of supreme sacrifice." -Chief Edward F. Croker

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by FFJToe View Post
    I had a friend (*ah-hem* me *ah hem*) with a similar need. He wanted to use a 4500 psi Scott pak that had been out of service (still hydrotested) to fill his significantly smaller compressed air paintball tank (also 4500 psi).

He researched dealers online that specialize in compressed air fittings and adapters; called them with what he wanted to accomplish and they had a solution. They custom made the fitting and he spent about $40.00 for a neverending refill for the sport. CAUTION! DO NOT USE FOR IDLH CONDITIONS. OR ANYTHING RELATED TO FIREFIGHTING. Make sure what you use has had its hydrostatic test and is currently up to date.

Hope that helps. Oh. I don't think my friend remembers the dealer he used. Sorry about that.

If you are looking for a regulated source to get the air out try the EARLY version of ISI, the Ranger. Some of the earlier ones had a 1st stage reducer that had a 1/4" NPt connection that was at 118psi, regulated down from 2216.
    The evidence of God's presence far outweighs the
    proof of His absence.

Thread Information