Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Forum Member

Default A testamonial...

I would like to take a minute to thank CaptBob for the help that he has given me. I knew nothing about oral boards, I called him for help, and he was more than helpful. He took the time to talk to me, and help me. I talked with him two weeks before my oral interview, he overnighted me the program DVD's/CD's. I watched them, and practiced them like he said, and two weeks later here I am. I not only got my badge, but I came in #1 overall in the process. When I let him know, I dont know who was more excited, myself or him haha.
    Some people on this website will prob. make some rude comments about this, im sure we all know who it is, because these people do it on every post that he makes. the fact of the matter is that THIS PROGARM WORKS! i did not have to lie, cheat or steal. the program just showed me the best way to present myself and my information, and with the required practice, everything came out awesome.
    if your looking for a badge, and are having trouble with your public speaking skills/oral board, you need to invest in this program, esp with a payment plan, its very affordable.
    i dont care what anyone has to say, this made my deam come true.
    Thank you so much again.

Mike

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9secfirebird View Post
    I would like to take a minute to thank CaptBob for the help that he has given me. I knew nothing about oral boards, I called him for help, and he was more than helpful. He took the time to talk to me, and help me. I talked with him two weeks before my oral interview, he overnighted me the program DVD's/CD's. I watched them, and practiced them like he said, and two weeks later here I am. I not only got my badge, but I came in #1 overall in the process. When I let him know, I dont know who was more excited, myself or him haha.
    Some people on this website will prob. make some rude comments about this, im sure we all know who it is, because these people do it on every post that he makes. the fact of the matter is that THIS PROGARM WORKS! i did not have to lie, cheat or steal. the program just showed me the best way to present myself and my information, and with the required practice, everything came out awesome.
    if your looking for a badge, and are having trouble with your public speaking skills/oral board, you need to invest in this program, esp with a payment plan, its very affordable.
    Thank you so much again.

Mike
    Congrats I suppose. I find my mirror and flashcards equally as effective.. But to each is own

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ticonderoga View Post
    Congrats I suppose. I find my mirror and flashcards equally as effective.. But to each is own
    It is not about flash cards but what words you put on them. I guy I just spoke with sits in on oral boards and says 99% give they same exact answers every time. He says the entire panel wants to just rip up his score sheet and boot him out. He also said that the panel will never read your resume. They will pretend, but never actually read it. He said you can tell when the interview is going well when the entire panel moves away from the questions and starts getting involved with your personel stories. When they are moved they will want to hear more.

All I can say is I just came out of an interview and I felt it was my best ever. Captain Bob was more then helpful and responded to every question I had. Listen to his CD series and you will know he is 100% passionate about getting people hired. I must have written him 20 emails and he responded to every single one with great advice. He really lets you know why most are not getting a job and how to fix it. My friend is from a major county department in southern CA and I told him my resomses to my interview. He said point blank if what he heard is really how I answered the questions, then he feels I nailed it.

I have Captain Bob to thank for that.

I know several will rip this one apart. I will take the high road.

Peace and stay safe,

Kev
    IAFF member

Forum Member

Thank you so much again.

Mike
    What department did you get hired with?

How much of a discount did he give you to post this?
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nmfire View Post
    How much of a discount did he give you to post this?
    id love to say a discount was given, but it wasnt.

believe me...i know this is just the beginning of this haha

Forum Member

Out of curiosity, what kind of questions were asked of you?

Forum Member

What department did you land a job with?

Default Congrats

Kev...Good to hear that your interview went well. It is true that SOME oral boards do not look at your resume. However most do and if they do get off tract ,as they did on my oral, it could be a good thing. The problem is also that if you "head down the wrong road" they WILL diviate and attack your soft underbelly. Be careful and good luck!!

P.S. Good job Captain Bob
    Respectfully,
    Jay Dudley
    Retired Fire
    Background Investigator
    IACOJ-Member
    Lifetime Member CSFA
    IAFF Alumni Member

Guys- I know Bob works with hundreds of Candidates around the country. So one pops in here and shares his experience. I dont see him shoving Bob's program in anyone's face.

Please let someone share a positive experience and just say congrats. I have used Bob's promotional program myself and have to admit, it put me miles ahead, honest.

Just make your statement and move on. No need for a dogpile here.

MembersZone Subscriber

Did you follow his advice to beat the polygraph?

Did you follow his advice on how to cheat on the vision test?

Did you follow his advice to withold information that will eventually show up on your background check?

Did you follow his advice and bring a note from your Mommy telling the oral board how you always wanted to be a FF?

Please. Thousands upon thousands upon thousands of fire fighters have been hired without the assistance of the snake oil salesman from CA and his spawn.

I will gladly congratulate Mike. But as I have done with others in the past, I will tell him that Mike didn't get hired because of bobby. He got hired because of Mike. Congrats and stay safe.
    PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TangoTango View Post
    Out of curiosity, what kind of questions were asked of you?
    mostly the questions that were on the 'thirty questions list' on his website, things like 'why this city and why should we pick you'
    'what was the worst situation you have ever been in and how did you handle it?'
    'what are the attributes of a FF anf how do you fit them?'

afew others. i still feel like im living in la-la land to be honest with you.

they did pick apart my application, but it seemed to be only for good reasons.

thank you Geroge, i will do my best!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    Did you follow his advice to beat the polygraph?

Did you follow his advice on how to cheat on the vision test?

Did you follow his advice to withold information that will eventually show up on your background check?

Did you follow his advice and bring a note from your Mommy telling the oral board how you always wanted to be a FF?

Please. Thousands upon thousands upon thousands of fire fighters have been hired without the assistance of the snake oil salesman from CA and his spawn.

I will gladly congratulate Mike. But as I have done with others in the past, I will tell him that Mike didn't get hired because of bobby. He got hired because of Mike. Congrats and stay safe.
    I have never seen anytrhing about cheating on a vision test. I imagine you just memorize the eye chart. Nobody needs to be told that.

Default I agree

I'm with CALFFBOU on this. There is no need to throw your mud and dog pile. Just congrats to you and I'm glad you do so well.
    Respectfully,
    Jay Dudley
    Retired Fire
    Background Investigator
    IACOJ-Member
    Lifetime Member CSFA
    IAFF Alumni Member

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JayDudley View Post
    I'm with CALFFBOU on this. There is no need to throw your mud and dog pile. Just congrats to you and I'm glad you do so well.

I agree. He is grateful for the help and he said so. Lets move on.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CALFFBOU View Post
    Guys- I know Bob works with hundreds of Candidates around the country. So one pops in here and shares his experience. I dont see him shoving Bob's program in anyone's face.

Please let someone share a positive experience and just say congrats. I have used Bob's promotional program myself and have to admit, it put me miles ahead, honest.

Just make your statement and move on. No need for a dogpile here.
    Perfect post. It does not promote or advertise anything. It simply acknowledges that someone helped you out and that you seem thankful. I am in the same boat. I needed advice and I recieved it. End of story.
    Last edited by arff42; 08-16-2008 at 02:48 PM. Reason: spelling

MembersZone Subscriber

can s/o link me to the wbsite that sells the dvd/cd?

Default Ugh...

I got to say. I have had the pleasure of talking with the Captain without paying money or all else. He happened to be on vacation where I worked. We talked for a bit about fire and he never once acted like a snake oil salesman. I think alot of people give him a bad rap, because he is a proactive bussinessman. You have to advertise to get business. So long story short. At the end of our conversation he handed me his card and said if you ever need help give me a call. Not, your gonna need my help.

Poor bitter, angry, miserable George!!!!! Never has anything nice to say!!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by PropheticPoet83 View Post
    can s/o link me to the wbsite that sells the dvd/cd?

Just search Captain Bob and I am sure it will pop up. I am willing to bet that anyone who listens to it and is unsatisfied, will get there full refund.

Thread Information