Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AFG Time Line

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs up AFG Time Line

We received our 1199 this past week. What has been the average time line for the 10 questions and so on to be received?

Curious if there was any time line that has been seen.

Thanks
    This is My Opinion and not of anyone elses!!

FH Mag/.com Contributor

1-2 weeks on questions, 2-4 after that for announcement is the average. Some run shorter, some run longer, depends on the workload on the award manager and how fast communications go back and forth.

I am glad to hear that. I sent in our 10 q's 3 weeks ago and was starting to wonder.

Forum Member

Default Our 2008

Our 2008 AFG grant was 8 days from 1199A to questions. Questions came this week. It is a regional grant.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by thebull55 View Post
    I am glad to hear that. I sent in our 10 q's 3 weeks ago and was starting to wonder.
    We got a 1199 a week or so BEFORE Round One was announced...and we promptly filled it out and sent it back...

...and we are still waiting on the 10 q's...it's been a long wait!

Another grant I wrote, got the 1199 and almost as soon as we sent it back, we got the 10qs and around two weeks later, we got awarded. It's weird how one went super fast and the other is dragging...

MembersZone Subscriber

Do they wait until they received the 1199a back to send out the 10 questions?

FH Mag/.com Contributor

90% of the time. Supposed to be the SOP but always exceptions to them.

MembersZone Subscriber

Question

Thanks,

We received the 1199a last week. We saw it on the website. We have not receved any type of email pertaining to the 1199a or the 10 questions, like in the past. Should we wait until we get a formal email to send back the 1199a or go ahead and send it back. If we need to send it back, whats the address to send it too?

FH Mag/.com Contributor

If it was added to an older 1199A then no need to send one unless they ask for it. Prior award winners rarely get asked for new ones, so odds are the first thing you'll get is the questions.

MembersZone Subscriber

Yes it was under an older award.

It is just weird we say the 1199a posted, and havent received an email yet, compared to earlier years.

Guess we will continue to wait, and hope!

Thanks

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BC79er View Post
    1-2 weeks on questions, 2-4 after that for announcement is the average. Some run shorter, some run longer, depends on the workload on the award manager and how fast communications go back and forth.
    gime this friday, oh giv'me this friday. i'm due. oh how i'm due. feel like i need to pee on a stick, but would probably screw it up. this waiting reminds me of scheduling a romantic moment with my wife who says it'll be on the 7th of never. i'll need to steal a case of gin if this fridays awards have left me behind again. i know it'll happen when it happens, but damn.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

And what did that stick ever do to you?!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BC79er View Post
    And what did that stick ever do to you?!
    my wife would shake so bad when peeing on that stick that it corrupted the results. then i of course would have to make another trip to the pharmacy to get another one. it probably would be better for everyone if only the men had to pee on it. then we could at least make fun of each other. ya can't seem to make fun of any female functions nowdays. its the double standard we're all experiencing and are supposed to shutup about. patience is the thread here isn't it?

FH Mag/.com Contributor

And them things are expensive too. Think I bought one of each to check the results of the other ones when we were trying for Emma (2-1/2 now). When we're ready for the next one I'm going to Sam's Club...

MembersZone Subscriber

Question

Well its been around 3 weeks now since we have seen our 1199a on the FEMA site. Still no email about the 1199a or the questions.

We contacted the hotline just to see what they would say and they stated "some departments do not have to update their 1199a" and "some departments will not receive any questions." I don't see how departments will not receive questions.

Any body else hear of this?

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Questions always come. Probably got yourself a trainee on the phone confusing the sometimes 1199A with the always questions.

MembersZone Subscriber

Hope so. I wish they were a little more informative.

I keep going back to the 1199a to see if the "EMW-2008-FO-02300" is still there, and I wasn't just dreaming.

Forum Member

Default Reduction request time time line?

How long is it typically between the time you return the questions and you are asked to take a reduction on your project (grant)? In 2003 we received a gratn for SCBA, fragmentation shield, and RIT equipment. In 2005 we received one for some turn-out gear. In 2003 we got everthing we requested, but in 2005 they asked us to accept 5 less sets of turnouts, we we said "No problem". I don't remeber how long it was from the questions to the request for a reduction.

This year we have an 1199A for a regional communications grant, and we received the questions and sent them back a while ago. Still no offical award or request for a reduction. We also got a vehicle 1199A last Monday, but still no questions or reduction request.

Naturally, I am just wondering. In another words, I am a little impatient.

MembersZone Subscriber WJVaughn's Avatar

You are probably going to be waiting until after the 1st of October from what others have said this week in other threads. They are busy closing stuff out for the start of the new federal fiscal year.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by warctyfirecd View Post
    How long is it typically between the time you return the questions and you are asked to take a reduction on your project (grant)? In 2003 we received a gratn for SCBA, fragmentation shield, and RIT equipment. In 2005 we received one for some turn-out gear. In 2003 we got everthing we requested, but in 2005 they asked us to accept 5 less sets of turnouts, we we said "No problem". I don't remeber how long it was from the questions to the request for a reduction.

This year we have an 1199A for a regional communications grant, and we received the questions and sent them back a while ago. Still no offical award or request for a reduction. We also got a vehicle 1199A last Monday, but still no questions or reduction request.

Naturally, I am just wondering. In another words, I am a little impatient.
    The timeline is based on the GMS that is handling the grant. The reduction notice can come as part of the q's or under seperate email after the q's have been submitted. I have had them both ways.

Last year the reduction notice came 3 days after I submitted the q's. In 2004, it was part of the q's.

Thread Information