Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience

View Poll Results: Who would you choose?

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • McCain

72 64.86%
  • Obama

39 35.14%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please vote

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by achief15 View Post
    Personally, I will vote for McCain. The IAFF's endorsement is not a factor in my political choices.
    Same here chief, same here.

Forum Member

I hate to say this, but half of me wants Obama to win so that everyone can witness the stock market crash and taxes skyrocket and have the democrats to thank for it. I want that degree of humiliation for them. I sometimes think that a huge slap in the face is what this country needs to put out this liberal fire that has been building the past 7 years.

Forum Member

I'm afraid of 4 or 8 more years like we just had. I don't want a president to lie to us ever again. I don't want a president who keeps insisting we must stay the course in Iraq even as the Iraqi government is demanding a pull out date.
    I do not want future FF in the national SS system, I do not want FLSA reworked.

McCain just made a very poor decision on VP. Absolutly no experience, her own scandals in AK., deception. Is she just there for eye candy? Better think twice about voting for a 72yo not in super health because she may end up prez in a very short time.

McCain is just 4 more years of failed republican unleadership. He is there to help his rich friends NOT you and I.

Forum Member

I don't wana vote for either of them. I think a vote for ronald McDonald would get us alot farther then them two nuckle heads.

Quote Originally Posted by firefuss View Post
    and in case you're too stupid to read down the post, and then IM me about how its just nacho libre asking if the iaff is suporting obama...

Just in case you haven't decided yet. Some of this stuff is pretty scary...

2008 PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE COMPARISON TALKING POINTS

ISSUES:

Favors new drilling offshore US
    McCAIN Yes
    Obama No

Will appoint judges who interpret the law not make it
    McCain Yes
    Obama No

Served in the US Armed Forces
    McCain Yes
    Obama No

Amount of time served in the US Senate
    McCain 22 YEARS
    Obama 173 DAYS

Will institute a socialized national health care plan
    McCain No
    Obama Yes

Supports abortion throughout the pregnancy
    McCain No
    Obaba Yes

Would pull troops out of Iraq immediately
    McCain No
    Obama Yes

Supports gun ownership rights
    McCain Yes
    Obama No

Supports homosexual marriage
    McCain No
    Obama Yes

Proposed programs will mean a huge tax increase
    McCain No
    Obama Yes

Voted against making English the official language
    McCain No
    Obama Yes

Voted to give Social Security benefits to illegals
    McCain No
    Obama Yes

CAPITAL GAINS TAX

MCCAIN
    0% on home sales up to $500,000 per home (couples). McCain does not propose any change in existing home sales income tax.

OBAMA
    28% on profit from ALL home sales. (How does this affect you? If you sell your home and make a profit, you will pay 28% of your gain on taxes. If you are heading toward retirement and would like to down-size your home or move into a retirement community, 28% of the money you make from your home will go to taxes. This proposal will adversely affect the elderly who are counting on the income from their homes as part of their retirement income.)
    DIVIDEND TAX

MCCAIN
    15% (no change)

OBAMA
    39.6% - (How will this affect you? If you have any money invested in stock market, IRA, mutual funds, college funds, life insurance, retirement accounts, or anything that pays or reinvests dividends, you will now be paying nearly 40% of the money earned on taxes if Obama becomes president. The experts predict that 'Higher tax rates on dividends and capital gains would crash the stock market, yet do absolutely nothing to cut the deficit.')
    INCOME TAX

MCCAIN

(no changes)
    Single making 30K - tax $4,500
    Single making 50K - tax $12,500
    Single making 75K - tax $18,750
    Married making 60K- tax $9,000
    Married making 75K - tax $18,750
    Married making 125K - tax $31,250

OBAMA (reversion to pre-Bush tax cuts)
    Single making 30K - tax $8,400
    Single making 50K - tax $14,000
    Single making 75K - tax $23,250
    Married making 60K - tax $16,800
    Married making 75K - tax $21,000
    Married making 125K - tax $38,750

Under Obama, your taxes could almost double!

INHERITANCE TAX

MCCAIN
    - 0% (No change, Bush repealed this tax)

OBAMA
    Restore the inheritance tax

Many families have lost businesses, farms, ranches, and homes that have been in their families for generations because they could not afford the inheritance tax. Those willing their assets to loved ones will only lose them to these taxes.

NEW TAXES PROPOSED BY OBAMA

New government taxes proposed on homes that are more than 2400 square feet. New gasoline taxes (as if gas weren't high enough already) New taxes on natural resources consumption (heating gas, water, electricity) New taxes on retirement accounts, and last but not least....New taxes to pay for socialized medicine so we can receive the same level of medical care as other third-world countries!!!

You can verify the above at the following web sites:

http://money.cnn.com/news/specials/e...008/index.html

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/iss...ues.taxes.html

http://elections.foxnews.com/?s=proposed+taxes

http://bulletin.aarp.org/yourworld/p..._on_taxes.html

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/fact-.../barack_obama/

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/fact-...s/john_mccain/
    Actually much of the information you posted is not correct, just because you posted it off websites and blogs does not make it right, Mccains tax cuts are for the WEALTHY not middle class and lower. I for 1 will not stand for another 8 years of business as usual and with Mccain that is what you will get......I dare 1 person here to tell me this country is in good shape from republican leadership.........oh yea and you forgot Mccain voted WITH bush 90% of the time

Quote Originally Posted by IllinoisFF3 View Post
    I'm afraid of 4 or 8 more years like we just had. I don't want a president to lie to us ever again. I don't want a president who keeps insisting we must stay the course in Iraq even as the Iraqi government is demanding a pull out date.
    I do not want future FF in the national SS system, I do not want FLSA reworked.

McCain just made a very poor decision on VP. Absolutly no experience, her own scandals in AK., deception. Is she just there for eye candy? Better think twice about voting for a 72yo not in super health because she may end up prez in a very short time.

McCain is just 4 more years of failed republican unleadership. He is there to help his rich friends NOT you and I.

I have to agree with you....people want a change.....well voting some one in who has been in the senate for 22 years or what ever is NOT change....Mccain make the VP choice just because she was a woman hoping to get hillary voters....Mcain wants to talk about experience it seems all she has is ear mark experience...and that is a huge thing they are running on saying they are gonna stop.

Mccain wants to stay in Iraq......uuummm pardon me but we are dumping ton of money over there. look around these forums there are fire depts begging for money, imagine if all the money spent in Iraq was dumped into the fire service. Granted that was just an example but come on we have people here with no homes and no jobs...what happened to taking care of our own?

one last point...I agree Obama has not been in that long I agree......but that means he has ALOT SHORTER line of people he owes favors too

MembersZone Subscriber

Well,

I was going to post my opinion, but I'll refrain seeing that I will be fed to the wolves.
    I'd like to vote for none of the above, but I'll vote for McCain. The lesser of two evils.

Oh what the hell; If you think about what hasn't happened here in over a hundred years? It's happened in most other countries in that time frame. Have we forgotten how fortunate we are? Yes, we have. We don't know what suffering is. Some of pretend to know, very few actually know. But we ignore them and spend on foriegn aid to feed their hungry. Tensions are building on both sides, freedoms we once had, freedoms fought for in the later 1700's, have been taken away, and are constantly being under attack. When these freedoms are gone, who's to say, the government won't try to have complete control. This is the way the left leans. There are people here that are willing to die to protect these rights, our current "culture" ridicules them. If you think the goverment needs to control more, do you really think you will benefit? Perhaps the governemt will, but not the people. There is too much government as it is. The founding fathers would be ashamed of what we have become. Because of this, do you not think, are you so blind, do you not see it? If this country continues on this slide, there will be another civil war. You know what, it almost needs to happen. We've forgotten our history. Forgotten suffering. Forgotten what it means to be an American.

I could go on and on forever.

Now let the replies of how crazy I am come. But I challenge you, research it, event's are aligning. People are getting fed up, ****ed off. I'm not saying it'll be tomorrow, perhaps within 5 years. Maybe 10. The sad thing is, this country, as a whole, will benefit from it. Sad, but true. Even economicaly.

Alright, let the rants of how I should be put in a rubber room, or hung, or whatever. Let them come.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default opinions??

What is the opinion of everyone here about the numbers? I personally am going to vote McCain/Palin (mute point), but just wondering if anyone thinks that, as a nation, the 60 some odd percent who voted in this poll for McCain think that is representative of the fire service in general in this nation, or just that the numbers are obscured by McCain supporters who happened to support/visit this thread???

Thread Information