55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Thumbs up Northwest Guys, Part II

Gentlemen, I regret to advise that the Best Laid Plans sometimes go down the tubes, QUICK. Our (Mrs. Harve and I) intentions were to try to catch up with Josh, Jake, Brian, and anyone else who was handy, and visit a bit and learn from a different part of the world. I also wanted to drop in on Sylvania Chief Fred Welsh, a longtime friend who was a Chief in PG before heading west. Things started out off schedule, as some things had to be handled in PG on Wednesday night, prior to our departure. We gave it a shot anyway, and got to Pittsburgh before sleep demanded that we stop. We made it to Wood County the next morning, going to the Fairgrounds in Bowling Green to check in before heading to the Motel in Northwood to unload. THAT didn't work out at all, seems that a lot more work was needed to get the Trucks set up, and we ended up at the Motel after Midnight. Next Day was up early, pop in on Chief Fred for a bit, then to the Fairgrounds. Our time became all work to get stuff done so we could pull in our class, on time. Only time I got to talk with anyone in the Fire/Rescue business was a few minute chat with the guys from Wayne who were on standby at the track. Today we dashed back home so I could make a budget meeting tomorrow. We also came home with some sad looking gear, as almost everyone in our group had some type of mechanical problem.

Here's the Good News: We have the dates for next year already, and we plan to be there AND, we plan to add a couple of days to our schedule, so we will have time to do stuff for ourselves, including sharing some time and a cold one among friends. We would like to Thank Brian for providing advice and guidence, the Baymont Inn was perfect for our needs. Thanks to all for your continuing Friendship, we'll be back. Harve and Laura.
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by hwoods View Post
    Gentlemen, I regret to advise that the Best Laid Plans sometimes go down the tubes, QUICK. Our (Mrs. Harve and I) intentions were to try to catch up with Josh, Jake, Brian, and anyone else who was handy, and visit a bit and learn from a different part of the world. I also wanted to drop in on Sylvania Chief Fred Welsh, a longtime friend who was a Chief in PG before heading west. Things started out off schedule, as some things had to be handled in PG on Wednesday night, prior to our departure. We gave it a shot anyway, and got to Pittsburgh before sleep demanded that we stop. We made it to Wood County the next morning, going to the Fairgrounds in Bowling Green to check in before heading to the Motel in Northwood to unload. THAT didn't work out at all, seems that a lot more work was needed to get the Trucks set up, and we ended up at the Motel after Midnight. Next Day was up early, pop in on Chief Fred for a bit, then to the Fairgrounds. Our time became all work to get stuff done so we could pull in our class, on time. Only time I got to talk with anyone in the Fire/Rescue business was a few minute chat with the guys from Wayne who were on standby at the track. Today we dashed back home so I could make a budget meeting tomorrow. We also came home with some sad looking gear, as almost everyone in our group had some type of mechanical problem.

Here's the Good News: We have the dates for next year already, and we plan to be there AND, we plan to add a couple of days to our schedule, so we will have time to do stuff for ourselves, including sharing some time and a cold one among friends. We would like to Thank Brian for providing advice and guidence, the Baymont Inn was perfect for our needs. Thanks to all for your continuing Friendship, we'll be back. Harve and Laura.
    Harve, Sorry things didn't work out.

I was wondering what happened. I was going to call you but didn't want to bother you. I knew you had things to take care of. We'll be waiting for next year. At least you got to visit with Fred to catch up a little. And please don't hold the Wayne folks against us!!!
    Last edited by firenresq77; 08-18-2008 at 06:36 PM.
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

Thread Information