Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default anyone challenge the test in Bucks Co???

i am challenging the firefighter 1&2 test as well as the hazmat tests in bucks Co PA on sept 13th......just curious if anyone else on here has challenged that test and if you could tell me how it was. it has been 5 years since i took my state firefighter exams......5 years of inner city bad habits....kinda forgot some of the book stuff. any help would be great....im pretty nervous about it

Forum Member

hey heavy. yeah i took the challenge. its pretty easy. if you have a basic knowledge of firefighting you should pass with out a problem. they will send you a bookelt to study up on. matt is a cool guyand a couple of the girls are fun to look at. tell matt that your doing this for WSI and he will help you out with what ever you need help with. i still owe him a case of guinness. lol.
    No person can be a great leader unless he takes genuine joy in the successes of those under him.
    ~W. A. Nance~

It's kind of fun to do the impossible.
    ~Walt Disney~

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
    ~Mark Twain~

Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again.
    ~James R. Cook~

Life don't suck. Life is what you make of it.
    ~FIREFLY~

Default thanx

haha doesnt sound to bad. i got the packet today....but it only says firefighter 1....kinda confused on that

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by heavyhitterEFD3 View Post
    haha doesnt sound to bad. i got the packet today....but it only says firefighter 1....kinda confused on that
    Is the Bucks County you speak of in PA? And how much does it cost to challenge the hazmat test? If you could e-mail me at JTomo@att.blackberry.net I have some questions. I have had all my other certs for awhile. I just need the hazmat one.
    Local #10

Charles Stephen
    Eric Jeffrey
    Born 7/24/07
    My new twin boys that I love even more than being on the job!

Quote Originally Posted by McKeesportJeff View Post
    Is the Bucks County you speak of in PA? And how much does it cost to challenge the hazmat test? If you could e-mail me at JTomo@att.blackberry.net I have some questions. I have had all my other certs for awhile. I just need the hazmat one.
    yes its in PA and i dont know about the hazmat class...i know it is costing me 280 for all of it. for some reason the state of MI certs dont count by DOD standards....so i gotta go get a piece of paper sayin i can do the job iv been doin inner city for 5 years. oh well.
    i am actually sittin here filling out my Initial application packet from wackenhut right now. guess that puts me one step closer

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Fo 3

I am challenging the Fire Officer 3 program.
    Up to now I have typed 16,000 words and performed a series of administrative tasks.
    Basically building a Fire Dept from the ground up.
    All of BCC-FTA 3's and 4's can be obtained and any member of WSI can spend their "off time" creating the challenge book, then send it to BCC-FTA, a check of $250 pays for the assessment.

MembersZone Subscriber

Hey where is "Bucks County" (what city in PA)??? Someone have a web-site or phone number?

Forum Member

Forum Member

Do you have to physically go there to challenge a test?

Thread Information