Forum Member

Default Average allowed for q-attack/brush trucks?

has anyone been keeping track of the range of awards by dhs/afg for quick attack or brush trucks? i'm curious for the obvious reasons.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by jam24u View Post
    has anyone been keeping track of the range of awards by dhs/afg for quick attack or brush trucks? i'm curious for the obvious reasons.
    The range has been from $75,000 to $125,000 (based on what has been posted).

Forum Member

Default $125,000.00 is max

We requested just shy of $150k for a quick attack and were cut to the apparent max limit of $125. Our request was based on a couple quotes from "the big boy" companies. Preliminary research now shows that we can get a nice QA for $125k. FEMA apparently knows that the big boys are over-charging and are not allowing us to spend extra for the name. We have 18 bid requests out with bid opening next week. Hopefully we'll several nice suprises to chose from.

Forum Member

We just went through the same thing, looking for a builder for a fast attack/brush truck.
    We saw a BIG difference between the "big" and "little" guys as well.
    Not only in overall cost, and bang for the buck, but in willingness to work with us.
    It seems like some dealers focus more on pushing in-stock trucks, or trucks that are just like the last guys (ie- cut and paste spec).
    We even found one of the "big" guys double charged for parts, and was marking stuff up WAY over even retail, then adding on installation/fees.

I'm not a salesman, and I have no affiliation with them at all, except in that we have selected them to build our truck, but I am real impressed by the guys at Unruh Fire in Kansas.
    The quality of work, bang for the buck, and willingness to work with us convinced me that it was worth it, even though we are down in the flooded state of Florida.

Forum Member

i'm getting ready for first vehicle acquisition application and this info is extremely helpful. i discovered 2 years ago that it is never too early to being getting everything in order. i have to go to outside department sources for my 5% participation and those not unexpected surprises that take dollars to complete the entire process satisfactorily. a neighboring department got their new pumper grant and then when it came time to come up with the balance of money, the department, town and the town board seem to split with controversy. overall it appeared to be a big stink to those of us watching from the outside. i feel i can avoid such problems as long as i can get as much advance insider information as possible that helps head off these possibilities. available money and advanced info has to be the key to success once the dhs/afg grant for the vehicle is approved. i'll probably be bothering some of you in the future (if ur willing) with this topic. so far the information supplied is already getting the gears working and i so appreciate it all.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andy2802 View Post
    We just went through the same thing, looking for a builder for a fast attack/brush truck.
    We saw a BIG difference between the "big" and "little" guys as well.
    Not only in overall cost, and bang for the buck, but in willingness to work with us.
    It seems like some dealers focus more on pushing in-stock trucks, or trucks that are just like the last guys (ie- cut and paste spec).
    We even found one of the "big" guys double charged for parts, and was marking stuff up WAY over even retail, then adding on installation/fees.

I'm not a salesman, and I have no affiliation with them at all, except in that we have selected them to build our truck, but I am real impressed by the guys at Unruh Fire in Kansas.
    The quality of work, bang for the buck, and willingness to work with us convinced me that it was worth it, even though we are down in the flooded state of Florida.
    yeah, unruh in kansas hunh? a neighboring state and a willingness to work it out. thanks for that piece of valuable. guess i'll be bugging you a little. btw have you got your q-attack yet?

Forum Member

firedude801,
    I would like to see your specs on your truck, you don't have your email link set up, can you send me your email..?
    thanks, David accesslocks@sbcglobal.net

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jam24u View Post
    yeah, unruh in kansas hunh? a neighboring state and a willingness to work it out. thanks for that piece of valuable. guess i'll be bugging you a little. btw have you got your q-attack yet?
    Not yet. Looks it will be early October, based on the estimated Odin CAFS delivery date. We can hardly wait

Forum Member

We got $75K for ours. We are looking at buying our chassis and then sending it off for the box and skid.

I am just now trying to read and learn about the performance bonds and such...I am very new at this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by thebull55 View Post
    We got $75K for ours. We are looking at buying our chassis and then sending it off for the box and skid.

I am just now trying to read and learn about the performance bonds and such...I am very new at this.
    you and me both. but with the experience here, believe i am way better off than just stumbling blind throughout this process.

Forum Member

In 2007 We recieved $ 71,820.00. Total project with our share was $ 75,820.00. I have the specs if you need them, and pics.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chief411 View Post
    In 2007 We recieved $ 71,820.00. Total project with our share was $ 75,820.00. I have the specs if you need them, and pics.
    Could I get them??

bull@lafayettefire.org

Thanks

Thread Information