Forum Member

has anyone heard back from them yet? they said they would call either way and i have yet to hear anything. im just hoping im not the only one to hear no news.

MembersZone Subscriber

Its the same story here. Haven't heard anything yet.

Anyways I kinda had it in the back of my mind that we won't find out until November.

We just gotta be patient, bro.
    Last edited by FirefighterPEP; 10-29-2009 at 08:24 PM.
    The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.

Forum Member

We have a new Training Chief who is putting things together. I wish I could say when the class will start, but I have not heard anything. We are also in the process of increasing our TRT and HAZMAT compainies too. All of this is centered around training as we will need more Rescue Techs and HAZMAT Techs.
    I can tell you that training has requested equipment from my station for your class (we service and repair all SCBAs). So we are fixing and flow testing your packs and masks.
    So, hang in there. The second I hear something I will post it. I know it sucks, but it'll happen. See you soon.

MembersZone Subscriber

thanks lilly
    The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.

Forum Member

Thanks alot that makes me feel atease a bit. Im just concered because i will be moving all the way from Cincinnati Ohio for this job. The more time i have the easier it will be. If i hear back i will post to let you guys know they are calling.

Forum Member

Has any one heard anything back yet? I thought it was only suppose to be a couple weeks. Im guessing the class won't start untill next year.

Forum Member

Rookie school starts Dec 7th, HR called alot of people that turned away the job. Also, they're not wanting any out of towners , they're tired of them moving here realizing the pay stinks and getting other jobs. Over half of my class was gone in less than a year.

Forum Member

Angry

The Lung is angry

Forum Member

You have to be kidding me so my scores ment nothing because im from out of town..... are they doing another class and why didnt i even get a call telling me i didnt make it like they said they would?

thanks for keeping us updated btw.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyShroyer View Post
    You have to be kidding me so my scores ment nothing because im from out of town..... are they doing another class and why didnt i even get a call telling me i didnt make it like they said they would?

thanks for keeping us updated btw.
    Probably to make sure everyone shows up. So there could still be a chance for you. Then if not, you can get ready for the mass produced letter like I got last time through.

Forum Member

Looks like Medic school for me. I thought i could get out of it by getting this job lol. Not the first time ive been skipped over on the lists, prob wont be the last. Good luck for those who got into the class.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyShroyer View Post
    Looks like Medic school for me. I thought i could get out of it by getting this job lol. Not the first time ive been skipped over on the lists, prob wont be the last. Good luck for those who got into the class.
    Yeah don't let this process beat you up. It's a well respected department and tough to get on with. I was a local in the last process, felt as qualified as can be with a spotless record, and didn't make it. Waited for what seemed to be forever only for some generic letter that I wish they would have told me after the interview as opposed to 7 months later. They never display scores/or rankings so you always feel like may stand a good chance by word of mouth. Just keep your head up, and congrats to all who made it! Stay Safe and Best of Luck.
    Last edited by soaringeagle; 12-04-2009 at 04:33 AM.

Forum Member

Default latest recruitment campaign

Anyone going through the current process?

Forum Member

I'm going through the current process. Actually, I'm finished and hoping on a future phone call, hopefully sooner rather than later.

I heard from some folks that they may have an academy class as soon as August but I try not to get too worked up over the gossip that was always going around at CPAT practice sessions. I just stayed focused on doing my best at every level of the process.

Now I'm at the waiting game and it's no fun at all. It's just like ya'll have stated: it's hard to know where you stand on that list. I feel like I knocked the interview out of the ballpark through dressing for it and preparing nugget answers but at the same time, there were a lot of people right alongside me at those CPAT practices.

Anyway, good luck to anyone who is going through the process. Hope you do well and get the spot right below mine.

Forum Member

... Post deleted by user ...
    Last edited by Redline; 09-26-2011 at 04:53 PM.

Forum Member

Any news on when they might have their next recruit class?

Forum Member

When I finished my testing they said we shouldnt expect to hear anything until January.

Forum Member

Anyone hear anything new? Been checking in from time to time but I'm not getting any info.
    Last edited by Redline; 09-26-2011 at 04:53 PM.

Forum Member

I completed my written, CPAT, and felt like I did very well on the interview, back in the spring of 2010. I was the first group to go through. I recently called and talked to HR about when I might be hearing something back. They said around January is when I will hear back. I've been doing my best to stay on top of current SFES issues. Hoping to hear from someone for an update or someone in the same pool as I. Thanks, Dane.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffmedicHarvey View Post
    I completed my written, CPAT, and felt like I did very well on the interview, back in the spring of 2010. I was the first group to go through. I recently called and talked to HR about when I might be hearing something back. They said around January is when I will hear back. I've been doing my best to stay on top of current SFES issues. Hoping to hear from someone for an update or someone in the same pool as I. Thanks, Dane.
    I was in the same pool as you, and I am still playing the waiting game. I haven't heard anything new. If anyone hears anything please let us know.
    Thanks.

Forum Member

I received an e-mail today stating they plan on starting a recruit class in late April.

Forum Member

I also recieved an email about the recruit class and they need a signed copy of a background form from me. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Thread Information