MembersZone Subscriber

Default Fire Prevention Grants???

Anyone know when they are going to open up the fire prevention grants this year. They usually open them up just in time for those of us who have to deal with fire prevention week. I would expect them to do the same this year, although they should try to move the application period to another time during the year.

Also, does anyone have any good ideas from years past on a project. I am running short on ideas. So far I have done the fire prevention trailer, Sparky Robot, smoke detector program, and a CO detector program. I was thinking about putting a project together for fire extinguisher training with the BullEx system. I had it with my CO detector grant from last year but it got cut out. Just looking for some ideas. If anyone has had success with getting the BullEx system I would like to see your narrative and compare it to mine which obviously wasn't good enough.

RsnFyr77@comcast.net

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by wtfd2940 View Post
    Anyone know when they are going to open up the fire prevention grants this year. They usually open them up just in time for those of us who have to deal with fire prevention week. I would expect them to do the same this year, although they should try to move the application period to another time during the year.

Also, does anyone have any good ideas from years past on a project. I am running short on ideas. So far I have done the fire prevention trailer, Sparky Robot, smoke detector program, and a CO detector program. I was thinking about putting a project together for fire extinguisher training with the BullEx system. I had it with my CO detector grant from last year but it got cut out. Just looking for some ideas. If anyone has had success with getting the BullEx system I would like to see your narrative and compare it to mine which obviously wasn't good enough.

RsnFyr77@comcast.net
    Be glad to talk with you on your rejection and also give you some ideas for new FP&S program. Check my profile and contact offline or give me a call.
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Forum Member

We've been dj'd twice for an extinguisher training program based on the bullex system. this year the notes said that we didn't clarify how we would continue the program after the POP. Will probably try to address that part a little better this year and see what happens.

Thread Information