+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 First 12345 ... Last
    Forum Member

Default keep waiting

just keep waiting maybe in that time you will do some research on what juniors can do and find out on your own. hey you seem to know it all don't ya?

makes good girls go bad

OK smartass, I gave you your shot, your ran off at the keyboard. Now you get it, both barrels!

First off, you can do NOTHING of any REAL meaning on the fireground.
    you can NOT operate powertools, you can NOT enter a burning structure, you can NOT assume pt contact unless you are supervised by an EMT who is 18 years of age or older.

I was on a NJ FD that had Juniors. They are an very valuable asset to have for the dept.

But not an essential one.

You help prep rehab, you sit on exterior lines when its defensive, you sweep up oil dri, pick up pieces of wreckage, fetch tools, change cylanders, assist in pt care under supervision. And that is if you are on a dept that is aggressive with what they allow their Juniors to do.

I HAVE done my research, I was trying to let you explain yourself to us.

So basically, you get a blue light to be my biitch.
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

Forum Member

Default thanks for the compliment

i will take the compliment, being a smart ***, is better than being a dumb ***. so hey just remember juniors are the future of a fire co. Fyi i don't have to be your bitch, cause i am volunteer. hahahaha

makes good girls go bad

Quote Originally Posted by NFD1957 View Post
    i will take the compliment, being a smart ***, is better than being a dumb ***. so hey just remember juniors are the future of a fire co. Fyi i don't have to be your bitch, cause i am volunteer. hahahaha
    Hahaha

You just proved my point.

I am a volunteer too.

Dumbass.
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

Forum Member

Now now BLS, he's just a kid, he will just drop off the fire service when he gets his ***** kicked by another guy for running his mouth like he knows it all.

makes good girls go bad

I tried to be nice.
    I really did.

Mouth off to me, you get it back.

Even more so, Junior cause I've been in the firehouse for 6 years now.

Respect the senior guys, shut your mouth, give up, and wait till you are 18, have taken EVOC, and have your FF 1 before you put a blinky in your POV.
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF

Forum Member

When the fire service has no future in 10 years we can blame BLS boy for hatin on the future. You bully ;(
    Career Firefighter
    Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ATFDFF View Post
    It seems as though the only acceptable thread would be how full to fill a cup of coffee during briefing (unless you say that they shouldn't be allowed in roll call).
    That and they might burn themselves, coffee's hot you know.

Quote Originally Posted by GTRider245
    When the fire service has no future in 10 years we can blame BLS boy for hatin on the future. You bully ;(
    This will forever be remembered as the day BLSboy single-handedly ended the fire service.
    What will cats in trees do?
    What will crying babies do?
    And what in sweet baby jesus's name will crying babies in trees do!?

Quote Originally Posted by NFD1957
    so hey just remember juniors are the future of a fire co.
    You can't be serious, I mean sure juniors MAY have a future in the fire service. Many have been juniors, but uh......do you not think the majority of those in the fire service come from elsewhere?

Forum Member

Damn, I've got to stop going out at night with hotties. My social life is seriously interfering with my ability to get the drop on threads like AJ and keep up with the drama from the kiddies....How about it brother?
    Just know, I chose my own fate. I drove by the fork in the road and went straight.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingKiwi View Post
    Go put your pussy 2 1/2" lines away kiddies.

Quote Originally Posted by Explorer343

By the way KEEPBACK200FEET, you're so dramatic!

makes good girls go bad

Send some of the hotties this way!

Damn medic school and studying for same has been hampering my social life...
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NFD1957 View Post
    i post 2 things and things go out of control. hey everyone one is open to their own opinion, i am obviously in the minority here but hey everyone is entitled to their own opinion, so be it, i couldn't care less.
    just give up.. honestly i no from expierience i fought back when the topic about Jr's leaving school ( http://forums.firehouse.com/showthread.php?t=29771 )was up and eventually just said screw it and lost complete interest so do like me and give up its not worth the time spent posting stuff you spoke your peace now drop it.

Andrew

Gone.

Quote Originally Posted by edge1317 View Post
    You can't be serious, I mean sure juniors MAY have a future in the fire service. Many have been juniors, but uh......do you not think the majority of those in the fire service come from elsewhere?
    I have to agree. We have 3 juniors, and haven't had one join in a good while, partially due to the fact that only one person is in charge of our junior program and she doesn't do **** for it. One of the three is going to decline his becoming a Senior member when it comes time to vote on him and drop out, second one had the arrogance to tell our Chief that he refuses to run calls unless he gets new gear since a sign-up list was put out for people who needed gear(except juniors), which is going to lead to his dismissal or him being denied Senior membership, and the third is a kid who has a walking disability and usually never shows up or just sits in the radio room. Honestly, that's not much of a future. The only new member we have had join off the street since I've been in was a guy who I happen to become friends with when he joined, but he is now off to Iraq again, and could do another long tour. The nearest fire departments to us are also in the same boat, with little or no membership in the Junior programs.

As for Juniors with lights in their POV. No. A simple No. I don't even use a blue light, to be honest. A blue light doesn't give you special powers on the road. People do not have to move out of your road. That's just their courtesy move if they choose it, which most people around here don't.
    Last edited by Hexxus; 08-30-2008 at 05:07 AM.

god

I think it's awfully dangerous to give Jrs blue lights. I'm not going to argue whether or not dept's should allow it, however, issueing them to people who have VERY LITTLE driving and FF experience is dangerous.

You're going to have a 16y/o, first few months with a drivers license roaring down the road because the dept got a call for a cat stuck in a tree...

Hopefully, the dept's that allow this have given some sort of formal training and not just hand them a light. I'm surprised they don't' get flack from insurance companies!

Forum Member

Deep Sigh.......................... Sad days for FH...

No wonder why I don't come around anymore... You earn your right to run code 3/lights-sirens when your on the department and you have your state certifications. A certain city to the south of here doesn't allow their vollie side of the career/volly department to run code 3 anymore - Too much can go wrong (only explanation given by the brass of the department).
    Last edited by RFxplr326; 08-30-2008 at 11:00 PM.
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BLSboy View Post
    OK smartass, I gave you your shot, your ran off at the keyboard. Now you get it, both barrels!

First off, you can do NOTHING of any REAL meaning on the fireground.
    you can NOT operate powertools, you can NOT enter a burning structure, you can NOT assume pt contact unless you are supervised by an EMT who is 18 years of age or older.

I was on a NJ FD that had Juniors. They are an very valuable asset to have for the dept.

But not an essential one.

You help prep rehab, you sit on exterior lines when its defensive, you sweep up oil dri, pick up pieces of wreckage, fetch tools, change cylanders, assist in pt care under supervision. And that is if you are on a dept that is aggressive with what they allow their Juniors to do.

I HAVE done my research, I was trying to let you explain yourself to us.

So basically, you get a blue light to be my biitch.
    I politely beg to dissagree with some things you said. I was a jr until recently i became a sr. member. I agree about "no lights" policies. I was not allowed to use one and it doesn't help you go any faster. I COULD opperate power tools, be backup on exterior lines, and i COULD (if EMS wasn't on scene) begin pt care (C-spine, bandaging, no IV's or Intubation). I agree. Jr's are not ESSENTIAL, but are VALUABLE. as for leaving school, FORGET IT. There is no need to let your education, which will help you a heck of a lot when you become a sr member, slack just to run off to a fire. There are Mutual Aid Agreements specifically for requesting more manpower if needed. I'm sorry if I make some jr's mad, but the truth is, we're just that: JR'S. And you shouldn't even run your four-way flashers. that is considered emergency traffic here in TN and you shouldn't be doing that with minimal driving experience. Again, I'm sorry if i make some of you mad, but I've "Been there, done that" and jr's are to respond non-emergency, doing the speed limit, and need to let the "hero" attitude go. heroes always end up dead. and you'll probably kill someone else.

Respectfully,

Josh

makes good girls go bad

Check your state regs to see how many laws are/were broken.

I was speaking to this little pup regarding NJ laws.
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF

Forum Member

Check out his little junior FF website with the awesome forum where every mod is an "officer". What a retard.
    Career Firefighter
    Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

makes good girls go bad

Oh my God.

What a joke.
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF

Forum Member

BLS, what isn't a joke about this thread?

So did any hear about this Hurricane Gustav.....? BTW BLS, how's things in Brevard County getting?
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

makes good girls go bad

Quote Originally Posted by RFxplr326 View Post
    So did any hear about this Hurricane Gustav.....? BTW BLS, how's things in Brevard County getting?
    Believe it or not, but we have been getting smacked by feeder bands of gustav from time to time. Man they are viscious and nasty. I feel for our Brothers in the path of this sumbitch.

Flood waters in many areas here are leveling off, or going down, but I just came home from work, and the waters were too rough, so we didn't send anyone out on the jet skis, and closed early cause of the weather associated with Gustav.

Bastard..
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF

Forum Member

this thread is very upsetting to read. seriously both sides need to shut the hell up!

1.the jr's should NOT be aloud to have lights in their car as simple as it is. it is too dangerous.
    2.you should NEVER respond during school. however if your 18 and in your last months of high school (end of april,may,june) and you have no classes going on such as a free period why not? your legally an adult AND legally capable of being a real firefighter as well as having a pov.
    3.jr's need to wait. seriously 2 years isn't that long! just wait!

as for you seniors out there...jesus christ! alls you do is put down the juniors and treat them like dirt! show some class and courtesy! they want to help and be just like you some day. so that kid has a forum? so what? he is just having a good time and is happy with what he is doing.

BY THE WAY...Jr's CAN do a lot of things so I would stop bashing them instead of saying all's they can do is "hand out water at scenes".

jr's can-
    1.help draft water and pumping.
    2.do FULL exterior attack on a fire
    3.fight brush fires
    4.be active on man hunts for missing people and amber alerts
    5.use power tools under supervision

not only can jr's do firefighting but ALSO be active MRT's at the age of 14 in CT! if they have the training they can! as well as an EMT at 16. i know of emt's who assist in medical calls and are 16 and can do just as much as the other emt. paramedic I believe here though is 18.

so seriously...junior members just drop it you can't have blue lights. and senior members stop acting like dicks because it looks very unprofessional and not the appearance of what a TRUE firefighter is.

Forum Member

Believe it or not, but we have been getting smacked by feeder bands of gustav from time to time. Man they are viscious and nasty. I feel for our Brothers in the path of this sumbitch.

Flood waters in many areas here are leveling off, or going down, but I just came home from work, and the waters were too rough, so we didn't send anyone out on the jet skis, and closed early cause of the weather associated with Gustav.

Bastard..
    Sorry to hear that... I know of about 6 people who are already heading down to help from our area. Hope things get better down there.
    Firefighter/EMT

makes good girls go bad

If it wasnt for Medic school, and a job *hopefully* waiting for me in Jersey, i wold be doing everything I could to go out there, but with Hanna looming in the Atlantic, I cant run off...
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF

Forum Member

If it wasnt for Medic school, and a job *hopefully* waiting for me in Jersey, i wold be doing everything I could to go out there, but with Hanna looming in the Atlantic, I cant run off...
    Yeah. I know that feeling sucks not being able to do anything to help. I know that feeling all to well.
    Firefighter/EMT

Smile

there is no reason that a explorer, junior, cadet should ever have lights or sirens that is just for what reason there should be no explorers responding even if they have ff1 or what ever and please refer to the learning for life rules
    FE Engine Captain #12
    http://www.southlinefireexplorers.com
    **The knowledge given within these forums is my own personal insight and information and does not and should not necessarily reflect any organizations that I am associated with**

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 First 12345 ... Last

Thread Information