+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 First ... 3456
  1. #126
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3

    Default

    I have a blue light on my vehicle..
    Was hard to fire a light bar on a mountain bike,
    but golly, i did it

  2. #127
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    29

    Post POV lights for Jr. and Explorer fire members.

    In my Fd explorers can have lights to use on-scene but thats it... same way with jr's if they get caught running emergancy traffic to a call they get suspended and the lights took.

  3. #128
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    213

    Default

    its against the law in Maine for juniors to respond to calls with their own POV, and they cant do anything with lights, not even the 4 ways.

  4. #129
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dday05 View Post
    WHY, WHY, WHY? I just don't get it. Going to a call at the age of 16 and or 17 with a red light in you chevette or mommy and daddies car is not cool. I understand the role of a jr ff. They can be an asset to a dept but not responding to calls. There are not to many roles that a jr can fill on the fireground. About the only one I can think of is handing out bottles of water.
    Wow!!!! Speak for your own department then man. Our explorers play a huge role on the ability of our department being able to run. We maintain the fire house as well as pulling our own wait on the fire grounds!. I bust my *** everyday just like you guys to get to the station when i hear my tones. You know why? its cause i love it and i love the fire service. Mean while you take all of us for granite, and act like we mean nothing. If we weren't around who would do all of your grunt work?

  5. #130
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by djbacon93 View Post
    I have a blue light on my vehicle..
    Was hard to fire a light bar on a mountain bike,
    but golly, i did it
    You had lights on your mountain bike??

  6. #131
    Forum Member
    GTRider245's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Augusta,GA
    Posts
    3,064

    Default

    Post, the fire service was around long before explorers, and it operated just fine then, as it would now without explorers. I would tell you to get off your high horse, but you don't have one to be on.
    Career Firefighter
    Volunteer Captain

    -Professional in Either Role-

    Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

  7. #132
    makes good girls go bad
    BLSboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    On the beach, Fla/OCNJ
    Posts
    2,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by post21 View Post
    Wow!!!! Speak for your own department then man. Our explorers play a huge role on the ability of our department being able to run.
    Then your dept needs to be folded up.

    Quote Originally Posted by post21 View Post
    We maintain the fire house as well as pulling our own wait on the fire grounds!.
    OK, so you do the job of the probie/FNG/Jr.
    And you wait around on the fireground?

    Quote Originally Posted by post21 View Post
    I bust my *** everyday just like you guys to get to the station when i hear my tones. You know why? its cause i love it and i love the fire service.
    I bust my *** everyday? The only time I can remember busting my *** was when I fell on the ice.
    I take my time getting to the station, and getting to the call. I have a hott *** girlfriend, a well paying job, and a desire to see Jrs like you make asses out of themselves on online forums.

    Quote Originally Posted by post21 View Post
    Mean while you take all of us for granite, and act like we mean nothing. If we weren't around who would do all of your grunt work?
    I take you for my countertops?
    Who would do the grunt work? We would. Like we did before you came along. And like we will when you leave. Get over yourself.
    Its because of wackers like you that have wacker lights in your car that my car insurance premiums are so damn high.
    Go back to the sandbox, and find yourself a nice guy (or girl) and discover the joys of what happens outside of the firehouse.
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

  8. #133
    Forum Member
    GTRider245's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Augusta,GA
    Posts
    3,064

    Default

    Hit the nail on the head. And he must be a junior officer. My countertops arent that nice!
    Career Firefighter
    Volunteer Captain

    -Professional in Either Role-

    Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

  9. #134
    makes good girls go bad
    BLSboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    On the beach, Fla/OCNJ
    Posts
    2,859

    Default

    Well, its fake granite......
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

  10. #135
    Forum Member
    backsteprescue123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by svfd930 View Post
    In my Fd explorers can have lights to use on-scene but thats it... same way with jr's if they get caught running emergancy traffic to a call they get suspended and the lights took.
    Get the lights took?


    Maybe you should be studying for that English test you are going to fail tomorrow.....
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

  11. #136
    Forum Member
    backsteprescue123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BLSboy View Post
    Then your dept needs to be folded up.


    OK, so you do the job of the probie/FNG/Jr.
    And you wait around on the fireground?


    I bust my *** everyday? The only time I can remember busting my *** was when I fell on the ice.
    I take my time getting to the station, and getting to the call. I have a hott *** girlfriend, a well paying job, and a desire to see Jrs like you make asses out of themselves on online forums.


    I take you for my countertops?
    Who would do the grunt work? We would. Like we did before you came along. And like we will when you leave. Get over yourself.
    Its because of wackers like you that have wacker lights in your car that my car insurance premiums are so damn high.
    Go back to the sandbox, and find yourself a nice guy (or girl) and discover the joys of what happens outside of the firehouse.
    Post 21,

    I second every word that AJ said in what I have quoted above.

    If you were a junior or explorer around here, you would get a swift kick in the ***** and sent on your way. And the way that word travels around here, when you become of age you most likely wouldn't be getting hired anywhere either.

    So get off your power trip and realize that you are there to observe and learn and anytime that the IC or officer determines that the situation is safe enough to let an explorer help, do not brag about it, but take it as a learning experience.

    I learned so much by being an explorer and going on runs but I never claimed to "be taken for granite..." I think that my complexion is slightly different and I'm more personable.


    Take a step back, re read this thread and then hopefully you will come back to us with a new point of view.



    If not.........I will pray for your citizens.
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

  12. #137
    Forum Member
    fireman4949's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tallahassee, Florida
    Posts
    2,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by station3100kid View Post
    at my department in oregon if you have oober good grades you can respond during school. and you can have ur liscense when ur sixteen. in oregon you cant have blue lights or green. u cant have green cuz ur not gonna be able to be a incident commander. but you can have orange, red, or white lights the drawback is is that you cant have overheads. you can only have hidden lights and strobes. you also cants have a siren either
    Based upon the spelling, grammar and content of your post, I assume you are not one of the kids with the "oober good grades".
    Exactly what the hell is oober, anyway.

    STAY IN SCHOOL!!!!! You apparently really need it!
    Fire Lieutenant/E.M.T.
    IAFF Local 2339
    K of C 4th Degree
    "LEATHER FOREVER"
    Member I.A.C.O.J.
    http://www.tfdfire.com/
    "Fir na tine"

  13. #138
    Forum Member
    bharer75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    West Coast Pride!
    Posts
    352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by djbacon93 View Post
    I have a blue light on my vehicle..
    Was hard to fire a light bar on a mountain bike,
    but golly, i did it
    will someone please tell me what the point of this is? this thread is a mess..

  14. #139
    Forum Member
    backsteprescue123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bharer75 View Post
    will someone please tell me what the point of this is? this thread is a mess..
    It was a joke. People make jokes quite regularly on here about fitting lights on their AMC Pacer or gremlin or even their Yugo.
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

  15. #140
    Forum Member
    bharer75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    West Coast Pride!
    Posts
    352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RFRDxplorer View Post
    It was a joke. People make jokes quite regularly on here about fitting lights on their AMC Pacer or gremlin or even their Yugo.
    ok thanks for clearing that.. does putting L.E.D's on scooter make me cool?

    CODE 3 at 15 mph max baaabbbyy!!!


  16. #141
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Toledo/Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bharer75 View Post
    ok thanks for clearing that.. does putting L.E.D's on scooter make me cool?
    Hey now... That's MY scooter you're making fun of!






    Quote Originally Posted by RFRDxplorer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BLSboy View Post
    Then your dept needs to be folded up.


    OK, so you do the job of the probie/FNG/Jr.
    And you wait around on the fireground?


    I bust my *** everyday? The only time I can remember busting my *** was when I fell on the ice.
    I take my time getting to the station, and getting to the call. I have a hott *** girlfriend, a well paying job, and a desire to see Jrs like you make asses out of themselves on online forums.


    I take you for my countertops?
    Who would do the grunt work? We would. Like we did before you came along. And like we will when you leave. Get over yourself.
    Its because of wackers like you that have wacker lights in your car that my car insurance premiums are so damn high.
    Go back to the sandbox, and find yourself a nice guy (or girl) and discover the joys of what happens outside of the firehouse.

    Post 21,

    I second every word that AJ said in what I have quoted above.

    If you were a junior or explorer around here, you would get a swift kick in the ***** and sent on your way. And the way that word travels around here, when you become of age you most likely wouldn't be getting hired anywhere either.

    So get off your power trip and realize that you are there to observe and learn and anytime that the IC or officer determines that the situation is safe enough to let an explorer help, do not brag about it, but take it as a learning experience.

    I learned so much by being an explorer and going on runs but I never claimed to "be taken for granite..." I think that my complexion is slightly different and I'm more personable.


    Take a step back, re read this thread and then hopefully you will come back to us with a new point of view.



    If not.........I will pray for your citizens.
    I agree with what everything AJ an RFRD have said...
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

  17. #142
    Forum Member
    bharer75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    West Coast Pride!
    Posts
    352

    Default

    get your priorities straight peoplee

    FIRE EXPLORERS


    DORA THE EXPLORER-


    Dora's are females, Diego's are males, and Boots is half the exploders on here

  18. #143
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Toledo/Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bharer75 View Post
    get your priorities straight peoplee

    Dora's are females, Diego's are males, and Boots is half the exploders on here
    Dude... got beef?
    Hope you noticed it was a joke. (Hence the )

    YOU want to talk about getting priorities straight???

    Please tell me the EXPLODERS are EXPLORERS.
    And watch the bashing newbie... Calling out half of the EXPLODERS on here and saying their just like BOOTS, of all people on Dora, won't get you anywhere near respect around here.
    Take a chill pill, bro. You're new around here... Maybe take this advice - get some respect, get some more time around here, then maybe you can have some sort of credit and not get flamed for bashing people. It's like when a probationary firefighter tries telling a senior firefighter (whos got multiple years in the fire service) that he doesn't know what he's doing or tries putting him down... It doesn't work and you, or that probie FF, will not have a good reputation.
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

  19. #144
    Forum Member
    bharer75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    West Coast Pride!
    Posts
    352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RFxplr326 View Post
    Dude... got beef?
    Hope you noticed it was a joke. (Hence the )

    YOU want to talk about getting priorities straight???

    Please tell me the EXPLODERS are EXPLORERS.
    And watch the bashing newbie... Calling out half of the EXPLODERS on here and saying their just like BOOTS, of all people on Dora, won't get you anywhere near respect around here.
    Take a chill pill, bro. You're new around here... Maybe take this advice - get some respect, get some more time around here, then maybe you can have some sort of credit and not get flamed for bashing people. It's like when a probationary firefighter tries telling a senior firefighter (whos got multiple years in the fire service) that he doesn't know what he's doing or tries putting him down... It doesn't work and you, or that probie FF, will not have a good reputation.
    IT WAS A JOKE.. was it directed towards you? no was it directed towards anyone? no

  20. #145
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Memphis Tn,USA-now
    Posts
    5,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RFRDxplorer View Post
    It was a joke. People make jokes quite regularly on here about fitting lights on their AMC Pacer or gremlin or even their Yugo.
    Hey,now when I was on a vollie department,I was close enough to the station I'd ride a bike to the station.When we rolled,I'd be in back sound asleep because I'd burned all my adrenaline off just getting there.
    There were jokes about me sending off to Galls for a bike light kit but that never happened.I didn't want them.
    90% of all people I've known to have lights on their vehicles,and I am talking about officers,would only run l/s when the call was between them and the station.They call ahead and have someone put their gear on the rig.
    The other times,they'd drive without them to the station and then ride the truck to the call.
    One thing I've commented about is that your insurance WILL go up when you add the equipment to your coverage.They figure that you'll be driving faster than usual and under stress when you do so you'll be a higher risk of an accident even on top of being a 16-18 year old driver.
    Since your folks will most likely be footing that bill,ask them how much they would pay for you to drive.
    BTW,if an Explorer is restricted in what they can do,like not going interior or operating power equipment like speader jaws,why would you NEED lights and sirens on your vehicle?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 First ... 3456

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Does FDNY Have Explorers
    By btvaine in forum Probie House: The Place for Newbies
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-17-2007, 07:44 PM
  2. EMS explorers
    By EMSprincess11 in forum Emergency Services Training
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-10-2002, 10:42 PM
  3. What is Explorers?
    By jrfirefighter43 in forum Fire Explorer & Jr. Firefighting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-30-2001, 06:29 PM
  4. New to Explorers.
    By ryan_szekeres in forum Fire Explorer & Jr. Firefighting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-29-2000, 10:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register