MembersZone Subscriber

Default Silent Scream !!!

I think I just heard the biggest silent scream run all the way across NY State. C'mon fed. not even 1 award for this great state. I'm done until next week, no checking for 1199 or DJ. Busy work and book keeping until quitting time then 3 days of relaxing.

(Rant complete)

Congratulations to all of this rounds awardees. Everyone have a great holiday weekend.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by lfdmichael View Post
    I think I just heard the biggest silent scream run all the way across NY State. C'mon fed. not even 1 award for this great state. I'm done until next week, no checking for 1199 or DJ. Busy work and book keeping until quitting time then 3 days of relaxing.

(Rant complete)

Congratulations to all of this rounds awardees. Everyone have a great holiday weekend.
    That is so weird!!! I feel your pain Michael. There was one late round 42 award for NY though.
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Forum Member

Another week and NO NY AWARDS!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool We need to graph success vs Kurt & Brian's 2008 travels

I think Kurt & Brian's travels last year are hurting Northern NY's odd's. They need to show upstate NY a little more love for next year. Some of the state's with all the awards are some of their favorite stomping grounds with all the good whiskey, sight seeing, etc.??? We can import some Canadian beer or whatever it takes.

I did get to go to Brian's seminar, in Southern NY, so I'm one of the few with their secrets. I scored one of the 15 NY grants for my neighbors, so I guess I'm feeling pretty good. I still have three more in the works with no 1199a or no DJ's, so I'm going to pull up the percentage in Northern NY real soon.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting41NY View Post
    I think Kurt & Brian's travels last year are hurting Northern NY's odd's. They need to show upstate NY a little more love for next year. Some of the state's with all the awards are some of their favorite stomping grounds with all the good whiskey, sight seeing, etc.??? We can import some Canadian beer or whatever it takes.

I did get to go to Brian's seminar, in Southern NY, so I'm one of the few with their secrets. I scored one of the 15 NY grants for my neighbors, so I guess I'm feeling pretty good. I still have three more in the works with no 1199a or no DJ's, so I'm going to pull up the percentage in Northern NY real soon.
    Well I have been at Bushnell's Basin FD near Rochester for the past two years with seminars, and they are on the books for another this year, and the attendees at those have all done well over the past two years.
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Was just in Onieda for the Central NY conference, might be heading back there again for a full blown one so NY will be picking up more dough. Helped a big hunk go to the museum for FP&S, working on more for that project and others too here soon. NY won't be left out.

Forum Member

NY's not the only state sitting on the sidelines, trust me!!!!!

Forum Member

Yeah look at PA as well, in 2007 we received 40+ award in the FIRST round. We are right around that number now in ROUND 9.. Not sure whats going on there

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Indiana has a strange pattern as well

I noticed that Indiana seems to be in a strange pattern this time.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bwspeer View Post
    I noticed that Indiana seems to be in a strange pattern this time.
    You're right you folks were fairly consistent last year as well not it seems sporadic. anyone have a theory ?

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Fewer awards leads to more anomales in the stats. Haven't run the numbers but if you take smaller slices of prior years you can end up with the same strange spread across states. Once they pick up the pace it will seem 'normal'. Which will happen soon, at the current rate would take 100 rounds (2 years) to get done so since they have to finish pre-award notifications by February it will happen soon. I think we'll see some serious 1199A action shortly on AFG & SAFER.

Thread Information