Thread: McCain VP PIck

  1. #576
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    At the end of the day, foreign policy is handled through the State Department and any treaties have to be ratified by the Senate.

    That's basic civics.

    Governor's may have input, but certainly not the final word.
    Not according to this [TransCanada Gets Alaska Governor Palin's Approval for Pipeline

    I did a search on Google and this was right on top

    Palin on Aug. 27 signed a bill authorizing the state to award Calgary-based TransCanada a license to build the 1,715- mile (2,744-kilometer) link from Prudhoe Bay to the Alberta Hub in Canada, according to a statement. The license will be granted in 90 days.
    Under its license agreement with the state, TransCanada will get a $500 million subsidy in return for seeking federal regulatory approval for the project and finding customers for the pipeline. The license doesn't guarantee construction of the project.
    Which means they need to get environmental approvals and all the other garbage and excess baggage and waste put on by the feds.

  2. #577
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Flanders, NJ
    Posts
    13,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Yes. Just not McCain's or hers. I see them as more of the same of what we've had the past eight years.


    I know, I know, this is your feeble attempt at humor.

    "Like shooting fish in a barrel"


    And that is a problem, why? I know you prefer someone who acts stupid and skewers the english language. We've had one for eight years. It's done real well for the US.


    Good gawd. Do you read anything?


    No. Especially since Kerry isn't running in this election.


    Great. I would rather they learn it somewhere else.


    Still an accomplishment.


    Where did I say McCain hasn't done the same thing? Obama's accomplishments are the topic. Focus, George, focus.


    Wait, wait, I know where you're headed with this. Guilt by association. Right? Do you want to go down that road with McCain. Two words, Keating Five. How much did that little episode cost the taxpayer? I bet it cost more than anything Ayers did as a youth.


    A reason, yes. Not the only reason. And if it were so easy, why hadn't anyone done it before?


    It is then up to the executive branch to determine the best course of action in foreign policy after the legislature performs its actions. Hmmmm.....lemme think....who is the president?


    Putting your foot in your mouth has become quite commonplace. It fits so easily now I can see why it wouldn't be fun.
    Great comebacks. Unfortunately for you, you didn't disprove one of my points.

    The only thing worth responding to is your ridiculous post about the Keating Five. The Keating Five were not terrorists. The Keating Five does not advocate the overthrow of the US government. The Keating Five does not express remorse that they didn't actually cause MORE death and destruction.

    When he MSM decides the Ayers story is important, it will bring him down 10 points in the polls overnight.

    As I said, "like shooting fish in a barrell".
    PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

  3. #578
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Northeast Coast
    Posts
    3,910

    Thumbs down Stop killing the GOP!

    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post

    5. It must have been easy to get that child health care thing through when he was also voting to kill babies that were born alive but an inconvenience to their parents.
    See it's crackpots like you that are killing our party! I could agree with every other point you made, but this shows the religious right fanaticism that divides the GOP and probably will get Obama elected.Thanks!

    Funny so many bash Kerry (including me) and other libs for calling American soldiers "baby killers" then stoop so low as to call common Amercian's "baby killers".

    BTW: "born alive"? are you suggesting anyone killed children after delivery?

  4. #579
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    You clearly have no idea what is required to get into an Ivy League school (when your daddy isn't a wealthy alum), graduate and make the Law Review. If you don't believe "work" is involved it explains a lot about you. And that isn't much. And btw. McCain's alma mater isn't in the Ivy League but you would be hard pressed to find someone who doesn't believe the USNA isn't considered an elite institution. And while the media made great headlines out of Edwards' $300 haircut as being disconnected I'm sure you and many others on this board can relate to McCain as being "down to earth" and identifying with working people as he puts on his $500 loafers and climbs into his wife's private jet. Yup, that describes every working class schmoe I know.
    Working to get into an ivy league school is nothing like working and trying to make ends meet. It takes work to get into any school of higher learning. However, working the daily 7 to 3 grind and living pay check to pay check is far different. Most (99%) of ivy leaguers are riding on the coat tails of daddies checkbook.

    (text omitted as there was nothing of substance)

    •Senator Obama's fight for universal children's health care in Illinois.
    •His success bringing Republicans and Democrats together (a huge selling point for me in general) on bills such as the one in Illinois requiring police interrogations and confessions to be videotaped.
    •His leadership on ethics reform in Washington (the bill that lobbyists and special interests are complaining about right now has his name on it).
    •His bill to make the federal budget far more transparent and accessible to Americans via the Internet.
    •And his vital work with Republicans (Sen. Lugar specifically) to lock down nuclear weapons around the world.

    Not bad for someone whose only been in the senate 173 days.
    Aa short list and you do not site your source. Term like Fight for, success bringing together, leadership on, and vital, are all highly subjective. I see one thing of actual substance and that is perhaps a bill with his name on it that I would have to see to believe

  5. #580
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    Which means they need to get environmental approvals and all the other garbage and excess baggage and waste put on by the feds.
    If those requirements are still necessary then what has she done other than sign a piece of paper?

    Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    Working to get into an ivy league school is nothing like working and trying to make ends meet. It takes work to get into any school of higher learning. However, working the daily 7 to 3 grind and living pay check to pay check is far different. Most (99%) of ivy leaguers are riding on the coat tails of daddies checkbook.
    Again what is your point? Are you going to say that Obama was one of those rode on his daddies coattails? From what I can tell his financial aid package was via scholarships? Unlike a current president who DID get in on his daddies coattails.

    Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    Aa short list and you do not site your source. Term like Fight for, success bringing together, leadership on, and vital, are all highly subjective. I see one thing of actual substance and that is perhaps a bill with his name on it that I would have to see to believe.
    He's only been there 173 days. What were McCain's accomplishments in the same time frame?

    I rarely cite sources for you any longer. You've proven your inability to comprehend.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  6. #581
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    Great comebacks. Unfortunately for you, you didn't disprove one of my points.
    You didn't make any points. You asked me to list accomplishments of Obama. Which I did, which I knew you would blow off as inconsequential.

    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    The only thing worth responding to is your ridiculous post about the Keating Five. The Keating Five were not terrorists. The Keating Five does not advocate the overthrow of the US government. The Keating Five does not express remorse that they didn't actually cause MORE death and destruction.
    My point was the ridiculousness of your desire to infer guilt by association. In the 50's this was referred to as "red baiting." Here, let me play again. Sarah Palin's husband belongs to a group called Alaska Independence Party. In fact Palin even video addressed one of their last conventions. Now here is the fun part. One of the planks of a lunatic fringe element of that group is for Alaska to secede from the union. Given your logic I could make the assumption that since Palin snuggles up to a man at night who belongs to a group with such beliefs that she is also pushing for secession. See how easy and ridiculous it is all at the same time? Isn't pretending fun?

    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    When he MSM decides the Ayers story is important, it will bring him down 10 points in the polls overnight.
    Dream on. There has no bounce for McCain since the start of the RNC.

    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    As I said, "like shooting fish in a barrell".
    Hey Barney, remember to take the bullet out of your pocket.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  7. #582
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Rural Iowa
    Posts
    3,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    Working to get into an ivy league school is nothing like working and trying to make ends meet. It takes work to get into any school of higher learning. However, working the daily 7 to 3 grind and living pay check to pay check is far different. Most (99%) of ivy leaguers are riding on the coat tails of daddies checkbook.
    During the 1970s and 80s what was the mechanism that brought large numbers minority students into colleges in particular Ivy League? Other than athletic scholarships. Hint, it was not performance based or high scores on the SAT/ACT.

  8. #583
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    SW MO
    Posts
    4,249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Again what is your point? Are you going to say that Obama was one of those rode on his daddies coattails? From what I can tell his financial aid package was via scholarships? Unlike a current president who DID get in on his daddies coattails.
    Don't forget about those student loans he and his wife like to talk about. I'm curious if grandma helped pay his way through part of it, like she apparently did his private school in Hawaii.

  9. #584
    Back In Black
    ChiefKN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    The Nice Part of New Jersey
    Posts
    6,981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RFDACM02 View Post
    BTW: "born alive"? are you suggesting anyone killed children after delivery?
    Actually During...it's called partial birth abortion. Research it, makes me sick.

    As defined in the law:
    An abortion in which the person performing the abortion, deliberately and intentionally vaginally delivers a living fetus until, in the case of a head-first presentation, the entire fetal head is outside the body of the mother, or, in the case of breech presentation, any part of the fetal trunk past the navel is outside the body of the mother, for the purpose of performing an overt act that the person knows will kill the partially delivered living fetus; and performs the overt act, other than completion of delivery, that kills the partially delivered living fetus. (18 U.S. Code 1531)
    Last edited by ChiefKN; 09-04-2008 at 12:47 PM.
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

    "The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

    "When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

  10. #585
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Flanders, NJ
    Posts
    13,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RFDACM02 View Post
    See it's crackpots like you that are killing our party! I could agree with every other point you made, but this shows the religious right fanaticism that divides the GOP and probably will get Obama elected.Thanks!

    Funny so many bash Kerry (including me) and other libs for calling American soldiers "baby killers" then stoop so low as to call common Amercian's "baby killers".

    BTW: "born alive"? are you suggesting anyone killed children after delivery?
    What is killing our party is the ignorance of people who shoot their mouth off about subjects when they haven't done an iota of research.

    Before you make a bigger idiot out of yourself, I strongly suggest that you research the Illinois Induced Infant Liability Act and the federal Born Alive Infant Protection Act and then come back here and eat crow.

    BTW, even NARAL supported passage of these two bills. Obama was against them.
    PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

  11. #586
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Flanders, NJ
    Posts
    13,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    He's only been there 173 days. What were McCain's accomplishments in the same time frame?

    This just gets easier and easier.

    McCain wasn't running for Pres. after 173 days. He would be the first to admit that he was far too inexperienced at that time.
    PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

  12. #587
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by neiowa View Post
    During the 1970s and 80s what was the mechanism that brought large numbers minority students into colleges in particular Ivy League? Other than athletic scholarships. Hint, it was not performance based or high scores on the SAT/ACT.
    Do you have proof Obama was an affirmative action student? Please cite a source. Otherwise this is nothing more than race baiting. I don't think you want to open the door on minority individuals admired by conservatives who freely admit they achieved their status because of affirmative action. Given Bush's less than stellar record at Phillips Academy was NOT the reason he was accepted at Yale. Making him a non-minority affirmative action student.


    Quote Originally Posted by neiowa View Post
    Don't forget about those student loans he and his wife like to talk about. I'm curious if grandma helped pay his way through part of it, like she apparently did his private school in Hawaii.
    What's wrong with student loans? Did he pay them back? Even if his grandma and mother paid for part of his education is that the same as getting appointed to a military academy where the entire cost is born by the taxpayer? Or if your daddy and grand daddy are wealthy Ivy League alums?
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  13. #588
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Flanders, NJ
    Posts
    13,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    My point was the ridiculousness of your desire to infer guilt by association. In the 50's this was referred to as "red baiting." Here, let me play again. Sarah Palin's husband belongs to a group called Alaska Independence Party. In fact Palin even video addressed one of their last conventions. Now here is the fun part. One of the planks of a lunatic fringe element of that group is for Alaska to secede from the union. Given your logic I could make the assumption that since Palin snuggles up to a man at night who belongs to a group with such beliefs that she is also pushing for secession. See how easy and ridiculous it is all at the same time? Isn't pretending fun?
    Only if you are pretending it is actually a true story.

    http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpu...s-of-frin.html
    PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

  14. #589
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    This just gets easier and easier.

    McCain wasn't running for Pres. after 173 days. He would be the first to admit that he was far too inexperienced at that time.
    You're correct. It does just get easier and easier.

    How do you know that? Did you speak to him at that point in his career? What is your source?

    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    Only if you are pretending it is actually a true story.

    http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpu...s-of-frin.html
    The story is specific that Sarah is NOT a member but it says nothing about her husband. Getting back to my point, she is guilty by association according to your standards. Who knows what they talk about in the dark? All sorts of nefarious behavior I bet.
    Last edited by scfire86; 09-04-2008 at 01:06 PM.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  15. #590
    Back In Black
    ChiefKN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    The Nice Part of New Jersey
    Posts
    6,981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    You're correct. It does just get easier and easier.

    How do you know that? Did you speak to him at that point in his career? What is your source?
    Well, considering he didn't run.. i think it's easy to reach that conclusion. I wonder what makes Obama convinced he is ready?


    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    The story is specific that Sarah is NOT a member but it says nothing about her husband. Getting back to my point, she is guilty by association according to your standards. Who knows what they talk about in the dark? All sorts of nefarious behavior I bet.
    You really know how to twist things around. Why am I surprised at that?
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

    "The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

    "When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

  16. #591
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Memphis Tn,USA-now
    Posts
    5,436

    Default

    [QUOTE=scfire86;985259]Do you have proof Obama was an affirmative action student? Please cite a source. Otherwise this is nothing more than race baiting. I don't think you want to open the door on minority individuals admired by conservatives who freely admit they achieved their status because of affirmative action. Given Bush's less than stellar record at Phillips Academy was NOT the reason he was accepted at Yale. Making him a non-minority affirmative action student.

    QUOTE]

    So,maybe Barack Obama could do more for his country by writing a book on how he made it without resorting to affirmative action instead of memoirs about what he has done in his two years as a US Senator or his term as an Illinois Senator.
    BTW,It might have just been Southwest Tennessee Community College for EMT-IV schooling but I paid my way with no problem.If I can pay for my school,study my way to the first 4.0 GPA in my academic career and work,why can't these kids who have enough time to party and attend rallies fo political purposes?
    Last edited by doughesson; 09-04-2008 at 01:47 PM.

  17. #592
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefKN View Post
    Well, considering he didn't run.. i think it's easy to reach that conclusion. I wonder what makes Obama convinced he is ready?
    That's a great conclusion. However it doesn't answer the question as posed by George.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefKN View Post
    You really know how to twist things around. Why am I surprised at that?
    Because sometimes logic is a painful thing.

    Watching the directions the Obama haters have gone is what it must be like to have a child with ADD.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  18. #593
    Forum Member
    MTKROUSH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hernando MS USA
    Posts
    558

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    I guess I was the the exception. MY daughter is way past 19, is married and has no children.

    I guess we're just not that lucky.
    Again. There are places in this country where my statement is the norm. It was not meant as an indictment against parents of teenagers. I have a 17 year old son and 14 year old daughter. I know very well the situation with them and the other teenagers they associate with. Is it not sad we have high schools in this nation with day care centers for the student's children? I love how one or two lines of a post becomes the rallying cry of those that want to start a fight. And no my son don't have a child and my daughter is not pregnant. That's a little thing called family values. But i implore you to go to your local Health Department or Free clinic and just look at the number of young females that have at least one child before they are more than children themselves
    To err is human, To forgive divine and at times I am as much of both as you will ever find

  19. #594
    the 4-1-4
    Jasper 45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    ...A great place, on a Great Lake
    Posts
    2,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RFDACM02 View Post
    See it's crackpots like you that are killing our party! I could agree with every other point you made, but this shows the religious right fanaticism that divides the GOP and probably will get Obama elected.Thanks!

    I think you're wrong, here. It isn't religion that defines when life begins or ends, medicine has done that.
    There has to be a logical beginning point to life, as well as a logical ending point.
    Where is the beginning?

    Just because a baby can't live on it's own, or has a poor survival rate if born premature does not mean that it isn't alive. If you leave a baby that is born full-term on its own, with no care, that baby will die. Does that mean the baby isn't alive, because it can't survive on it's own?

    At what point does a baby magically become "alive"? Is it at conception? Is it at nine months? Or is it at age twelve, or at an age where the baby can hold down a job and support itself?

    There has to be a common sense beginning of life. The only time that makes any sense, in a logical way, is at conception. If you think that doesn't make sense, then give us the magic point in the gestation period where this life starts then. Is it four months? Five months? Two years? Why are some babies allowed to live, while others are allowed to be killed?
    This is the fundamental problem with abortion, and that is that liberals are afraid to make a determination of when life begins, because no body wants to admit to killing babies as a form of birth control.

    There is nothing radical, or far fringed, or extreme with this thinking. It is simply a matter of defining life, legally. If there is nothing wrong with abortion, then make a law that dictates an exact time when human life begins.

  20. #595
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    SW MO
    Posts
    4,249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jasper45 View Post
    I think you're wrong, here. It isn't religion that defines when life begins or ends, medicine has done that.
    There has to be a logical beginning point to life, as well as a logical ending point.
    Where is the beginning?

    Just because a baby can't live on it's own, or has a poor survival rate if born premature does not mean that it isn't alive. If you leave a baby that is born full-term on its own, with no care, that baby will die. Does that mean the baby isn't alive, because it can't survive on it's own?

    At what point does a baby magically become "alive"? Is it at conception? Is it at nine months? Or is it at age twelve, or at an age where the baby can hold down a job and support itself?

    There has to be a common sense beginning of life. The only time that makes any sense, in a logical way, is at conception. If you think that doesn't make sense, then give us the magic point in the gestation period where this life starts then. Is it four months? Five months? Two years? Why are some babies allowed to live, while others are allowed to be killed?
    This is the fundamental problem with abortion, and that is that liberals are afraid to make a determination of when life begins, because no body wants to admit to killing babies as a form of birth control.

    There is nothing radical, or far fringed, or extreme with this thinking. It is simply a matter of defining life, legally. If there is nothing wrong with abortion, then make a law that dictates an exact time when human life begins.
    If I may, there is an aspect other than abortion that deals with "when life begins." That is the prosecution of those who kill a mother and the child she is pregnant with.

    Why is it a murderer or drunk driver can be prosecuted for two deaths if they kill a pregnant woman, but a doctor is immune for doing the same just because the mother consents?

  21. #596
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Northeast Coast
    Posts
    3,910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jasper45 View Post
    I think you're wrong, here. It isn't religion that defines when life begins or ends, medicine has done that.
    There has to be a logical beginning point to life, as well as a logical ending point.
    Where is the beginning?
    Sounds good to me. This exactly my point, let's have that decision made on science not religion. Sorry, but it's probably not remotely possible. There is no way people will agree on the point that life begins. Catch 22 brings up a good point about the legal point where a person is charged with two counts vs. one count of a crime against a pregnant woman. George, you ought to be able to spout that off the top of your head!

    For the record, I don't personally support partial birth abortion and feel sickened by it as well. But, I also don't think my say has anything to do with it. Lucky for many I'd say. Like I said, I don't know when life starts and I really don't need to until it effects my life much more directly than voting for President.

    The problem with the GOP is not having the mix of persons with differing views, it knowing how and when to express them. Shoot your trap off and call people "baby killer" and see how fast you disenfranchise a large segment of the country. Maybe you don't care, but guess who does? Barak Obama and Joe Biden.

  22. #597
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Flanders, NJ
    Posts
    13,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RFDACM02 View Post
    Sounds good to me. This exactly my point, let's have that decision made on science not religion. Sorry, but it's probably not remotely possible. There is no way people will agree on the point that life begins. Catch 22 brings up a good point about the legal point where a person is charged with two counts vs. one count of a crime against a pregnant woman. George, you ought to be able to spout that off the top of your head!

    For the record, I don't personally support partial birth abortion and feel sickened by it as well. But, I also don't think my say has anything to do with it. Lucky for many I'd say. Like I said, I don't know when life starts and I really don't need to until it effects my life much more directly than voting for President.

    The problem with the GOP is not having the mix of persons with differing views, it knowing how and when to express them. Shoot your trap off and call people "baby killer" and see how fast you disenfranchise a large segment of the country. Maybe you don't care, but guess who does? Barak Obama and Joe Biden.
    Do the research I told you about and put this whole issue in context.
    PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

  23. #598
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    SW MO
    Posts
    4,249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RFDACM02 View Post
    The problem with the GOP is not having the mix of persons with differing views, it knowing how and when to express them. Shoot your trap off and call people "baby killer" and see how fast you disenfranchise a large segment of the country. Maybe you don't care, but guess who does? Barak Obama and Joe Biden.
    I was pretty uch wth you until this last part, particularly the last sentence. Obama and Biden (and indeed, many democrats) are in a precarious situation when it comes to determining when life begins.

    On one side you have the pro-choice crowd. Liberal voters fixed to the democratic party. If you want their money/support, you have to be more liberal as to when life begins.

    Then you have the attorneys (aren't Obama and Biden both attorneys?), who the democrats also covet the support of. These are the guys making money off of defending those who kill a fetus and then on the wrongful death lawsuits for the same. You have to be a bit more conservative on this subject with these guys if you want their support.

    So, a I see it, it's a tug of war that's not ever going to be played out to a difinitive end with liberals. It's too much of a dance between the two, and moreso, too much politics.

  24. #599
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Northeast Coast
    Posts
    3,910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    What is killing our party is the ignorance of people who shoot their mouth off about subjects when they haven't done an iota of research.

    Before you make a bigger idiot out of yourself, I strongly suggest that you research the Illinois Induced Infant Liability Act and the federal Born Alive Infant Protection Act and then come back here and eat crow.

    BTW, even NARAL supported passage of these two bills. Obama was against them.
    Don't need to do any research. If a fetus was aborted legally and no charges were brought, then there were no babies killed. Your statement was that he voted to allow babies to be killed when born alive. While I don't like the guy, for Christ Sakes was he voting to allow murdering babies? Really? Who wrote that law? Obviously not him, as he hasn't written any, right?

    Sorry George but you've exposed yourself as the religious right voter that you are. No apologies necessary for that is fully within your rights, but our party will not muster enough votes if we can't agree on the fundamentals of what we stand for. Guess who kinda agrees on their fundamentals? The Democrats!

  25. #600
    MembersZone Subscriber
    JohnVBFD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Norfolk, Va
    Posts
    1,481

    Default

    Wow.

    All this experience talk.

    This one needs that experience, this one did that.

    Makes me wonder how George Washington was able to be President with ZERO experience.

    Oh, my suggestion to ALL politicans and those running. Pick up a copy of: "The Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire." Take note of what happens to Rome when it become strictly TWO sides/parties.

    Hint for those of you who don't want to read a book with big words from the 1800's....It doesn't have a happy ending.

    Ok, back to your regular idiotic Party orientated arguing.
    Co 11
    Virginia Beach FD

    Amateurs practice until they get it right; professionals practice until they cannot get it wrong. Which one are you?

    'The fire went out and nobody got hurt' is a poor excuse for a fireground critique.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. If you had to pick one thing . . .
    By N2DFire in forum Apparatus Innovation
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 09-13-2008, 09:19 PM
  2. Pick where you want to go?AF
    By hornedfrog2000 in forum Federal & Military Firehouse Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-26-2007, 05:38 PM
  3. Which would you pick
    By firefighter3419 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-10-2007, 10:06 PM
  4. How do you pick who does what?
    By phyrngn in forum Fireground Tactics
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 12-30-2006, 05:08 PM
  5. Go on, pick one out.
    By MIKEYLIKESIT in forum Illinois
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-23-2004, 10:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register