Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 82 FirstFirst ... 6465354555657585966 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1637

Thread: McCain VP PIck

Default Palin camp recognizes she's not ready for prime time

According to the NY Times the McCain campaign has won concessions for the debate between her and Sen. Joe Biden that recognizes her lack of experience.

Money quote:

McCain advisers said they had been concerned that a loose format could leave Ms. Palin, a relatively inexperienced debater, at a disadvantage and largely on the defensive.

Says it all.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    According to the NY Times the McCain campaign has won concessions for the debate between her and Sen. Joe Biden that recognizes her lack of experience.

Money quote:

McCain advisers said they had been concerned that a loose format could leave Ms. Palin, a relatively inexperienced debater, at a disadvantage and largely on the defensive.

Says it all.
    Yes, a lack of experience debating. I think that's self evident.

So what? She's not running for Vice President of the Debate club.
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefKN View Post
    Yes, a lack of experience debating. I think that's self evident.

So what? She's not running for Vice President of the Debate club.
    You're correct. She's running for VP of the United States. A position that requires one have something resembling decent debating skills.

She has yet to do a press conference in a Q & A format with the pool reporters covering the campaign.

Only further revealing her lack of ability. Now remind me again of which candidate is being intensely "handled?"

You're correct. She's running for VP of the United States. A position that requires one have something resembling decent debating skills.

She has yet to do a press conference in a Q & A format with the pool reporters covering the campaign.

Only further revealing her lack of ability. Now remind me again of which candidate is being intensely "handled?"
    Yea, I see Cheney debating people all over the place. Al Gore used to debate in coffee shops and bus stops all over the world while he was vice president.

Too bad Obama was afraid to debate McCain....

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ate-challenge/

In May, when a McCain adviser proposed a series of pre-convention appearances at town-hall meetings, Mr. Obama said, "I think that's a great idea." In a summer stumping on the campaign trail, Mr. McCain often has noted that Mr. Obama has not followed through and joined him in any events.

Mr. Obama's reversal on town-hall debates is part of a play-it-safe strategy he's adopted since claiming the nomination and grabbing a lead in national polls. Advisers to the Mr. Obama, speaking on condition of anonymity because they are not authorized to discuss strategy, say he is reluctant to take chances or give Mr. McCain a high-profile stage now that Mr. Obama's the front-runner.

Sen. Barack Obama pauses during a speech to the National Urban League's annual conference in Orlando, Fla., on Saturday. (AP Photo/Jae C. Hong)

On Saturday, in a letter to the Commission on Presidential Debates, Obama campaign manager David Plouffe said the short period between the last political convention and the first proposed debate made it likely that the commission-sponsored debates would be the only ones.
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Banned

Money quote:

Says it all.
    Unfortunately, for you that is, it doesn't say it all.

Indeed, both the McCain and Obama campaigns have similar concerns about the vice-presidential matchup in St. Louis: that Ms. Palin, of Alaska, as a new player in national politics, or Mr. Biden, of Delaware, as a loquacious and gaffe-prone speaker, could commit a momentum-changing misstep in their debate.
    loquacious means talkative (I had to look it up).

Now you know the rest of the story.

Banned

Of the skills required, formal debating is way down the list. Morals, Ethics, positions on the issues, and the ability to speak are far more important.

And don't forget, she went into the lions den and handled a very hostile interview by Charlie Gibson.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefKN View Post
    Yea, I see Cheney debating people all over the place. Al Gore used to debate in coffee shops and bus stops all over the world while he was vice president.

Too bad Obama was afraid to debate McCain....

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ate-challenge/
    Good point. I am severely disappointed that Obama will not debate more than 3 times. Not sure what he is afraid of. But I find it funny that once again the republican VP candidate takes the headline over Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    Good point. I am severely disappointed that Obama will not debate more than 3 times. Not sure what he is afraid of. But I find it funny that once again the republican VP candidate takes the headline over Obama.
    Given that McCain is plummeting in the polls I would say nothing. McCain initially wanted several more town hall style meetings. Given his remarks as recently as April that more deregulation was necessary in the financial markets and his ties to those institutions via lobbyists I'm sure sure his campaign is happy Obama didn't accomodate him.

MembersZone Subscriber

loquacious means talkative (I had to look it up).

Now you know the rest of the story.
    So, what you're trying to say is that both camps want to keep this thing in check so as not to embarass their candidate. Amazing what you find when you read the source.

If Biden was the issue your point might be relevant. Palin has been touted as "ready to go." Apparently she isn't.

Of the skills required, formal debating is way down the list. Morals, Ethics, positions on the issues, and the ability to speak are far more important.
    Which now excludes Palin given her flip flopping on several positions like her claim of being against the "bridge to nowhere" when she was initially for it. Then she kept the money and built the "road to nowhere" instead. Or her initial remarks of wanting "Troopergate" handled immediately and is now stonewalling the investigation until after November.

I'll pass if that is your idea of ethics.

And don't forget, she went into the lions den and handled a very hostile interview by Charlie Gibson.
    Poorly. Just helping you out since you left out a descriptor.
    Last edited by scfire86; 09-23-2008 at 09:56 AM.

All of them. Part and parcel to a Presidential campaign. Nice try.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Forum Member

OK DUMB*****. One more time. There were no Official Emails. They were all personal. This from the guy who hacked in and admitted he found nothing. You need to get your head out of the sand and pay attention.
    No wonder liberals have no credit, they live in a fantasy world where they rewrite history and make things up to suit their cause
    The guy that the lawdoggies are looking at for using mental judo and getting into Sarah Palin's PRIVATE email is the son of the Tennessee State Representative from Memphis.God,that makes me proud as pie to be a Memphian again.
    In the early 70s,when people were caught breaking into the official Democratic Party HQ,it brought down a President and caused great turmoil that is still being felt politically.
    When the son of a Democrat Representative is accused of breaking into someone's personal email and posting it online,it isn't as big a deal somehow.
    This despite emails being seen as legally sacrosanct as the US Mail and interference with same dealt in the same manner.
    If Sarah Palin's email can be tossed out for all to see and stalk her daughter with,how safe is YOUR personal information online?

Banned

Given that McCain is plummeting in the polls I would say nothing. McCain initially wanted several more town hall style meetings. Given his remarks as recently as April that more deregulation was necessary in the financial markets and his ties to those institutions via lobbyists I'm sure sure his campaign is happy Obama didn't accomodate him.
    Not according to the facts
    Polls: Close races in key battlegrounds

Banned

If Biden was the issue your point might be relevant. Palin has been touted as "ready to go." Apparently she isn't.

Which now excludes Palin given her flip flopping on several positions like her claim of being against the "bridge to nowhere" when she was initially for it. Then she kept the money and built the "road to nowhere" instead. Or her initial remarks of wanting "Troopergate" handled immediately and is now stonewalling the investigation until after November.

I'll pass if that is your idea of ethics.

Poorly. Just helping you out since you left out a descriptor.
    Yet Obama is going to a debate boot camp to learn to debate. McCain is just going on, he is ready, the chosen one is not.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by doughesson View Post
    The guy that the lawdoggies are looking at for using mental judo and getting into Sarah Palin's PRIVATE email is the son of the Tennessee State Representative from Memphis.God,that makes me proud as pie to be a Memphian again.
    In the early 70s,when people were caught breaking into the official Democratic Party HQ,it brought down a President and caused great turmoil that is still being felt politically.
    When the son of a Democrat Representative is accused of breaking into someone's personal email and posting it online,it isn't as big a deal somehow.
    This despite emails being seen as legally sacrosanct as the US Mail and interference with same dealt in the same manner.
    If Sarah Palin's email can be tossed out for all to see and stalk her daughter with,how safe is YOUR personal information online?
    Believe me when I tell you that you aren't as safe as you think you are. At a recent defcon conference they held a game. The objective was to take a known virus and mutate it so it got past the Anti Virus software. 4 groups were successful wit hall 10 viruses. Technical issues a side, social engineering is the greater threat.

Not according to the facts
    Polls: Close races in key battlegrounds
    Isn't it interesting that Obama is very close in CO and FL. Two states Bush won handily in '04.

Surprising one state that isn't mentioned is VA. Obama has managed a five point lead in what was a certain red state.

The momentum has already shifted away from McCain since the Palin bounce. It's obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by doughesson View Post
    I have news for you -- intelligent public figures, regardless of political leanings--are subject to this stuff. Most have taken great precautions to prevent this from happening.

This is a case of someone getting thrust into a spotlight so quickly that their lives haven't been adjusted enough.

I use yahoo mail for a lot of things. I also do so knowing I would be a complete idiot to put something on there like my SSN or a credit card number.

Palin should have known better. I'm not condoning hacking, but to ignore it as a possibility is the height of naviete.

Isn't it interesting that Obama is very close in CO and FL.
    Not at all really when you consider the number of people relocating to Colorado from California.
    The number of people relocating to Colorado is actually quite amazing, and considering that a good number of them are originally from California, and California is overwhelmingly democrat leaning, no real surprise.

Florida has been close before, no reason that would just change. That was the state in 2000 after all, that was close enough to need recounts.

Nothing too interesting at all.

Ok..I gotta throw some good sense into this one. McCain wanted town hall style meetings. Obama quickly said no. He didn't do so because of polls or from anything to do with the financial institutions or lobbyists. He did it because town hall meetings have no script. He is lost as a blind goose in tall grass without his teleprompter. Without a script there can be no scripted response. That is why he only wanted formal debates. They are scripted. His staff can script responses. In a town hall they can not. Sorry. When you quit looking at a tree and take notice of the entire forest you get these ideas.
    To err is human, To forgive divine and at times I am as much of both as you will ever find

In a town hall they can not. Sorry. When you quit looking at a tree and take notice of the entire forest you get these ideas.
    Hitting the glue early today, are we?

Thread Information