Thread: KBR Fire

MembersZone Subscriber

Default FireOfficerTrue

I know you dont ususally respond to people but I was a Captain with you in Iraq and need to talk to you regarding something. I would greatly appreciate it if you could send me an email at aff357@yahoo.com. I am not trying to talk smack I just need to talk to you...

Default Needing Advice!

Righto here goes, seems you guys have the skinny on what is happening here with these contract positions. Served with the Australian Army as a firefighter, but born and bred Philly kid (holding dual citizenship). Have all the Australian ARFF certs and structural stuff as well, since the course went for 5 months for us here in Oz. All my courses from the States were back in 1991-1998 so it seems I don't qualify for the new IFSAC or Pro Board certs, but the Aussie stuff is just as encompassing as the American Courses. Myself and a few other guys are looking to get some work there as some of our fellow Aussies in the military come in day in day out, though there is no chance of deployment for ourselves thanks to the gvmn't saying it doesn't want to commit much of anything else.

How in the hell do we even get a look in? I can tell you that all these guys including myself have done deployments before (Army), and are keen as mustard to get some time deployed again in a para-military sort of enviroment. Any advice would be incredibly appreciated as we all have experience on airfields from CAT 2 to CAT 8 and still run structural/rescue calls as well. Please feel free to e-mail me at paragon161@hotmail.com or post on here. Thanks guys...

Talking 180 that...

Ozzy, not sure how, but check out WSI's website. They seem like the easiest to get a contract with. I would check out some of the other forums as well, and form your own opinion of the company. (lots of debate out there)

To me it sounds like Australia would be a sweet gig. Do they hire Americans? I've got ARFF, HAZ Tech and IC, and I'm working on my ones, all IFSAC. It would be great to get a job down there, IMO.

Thanks mate will check that all out, as for Oz it is a sweet place though at times they can be a little backwards when it comes to hiring Americans. Presently passed all the testing for Queensland Fire and Rescue and am waiting for a hiring date to the service. Hardest thing about down here is that there are so few services that hire unlike back home in the US. Right now Queensland is going through a big hiring spree and your certifications would really help get the job, though I would look at Western Australia as they have a system in place for reciprocity for previous experience. It's a great place beleive me as I've travelled everywhere here now, but it is hard as hell to leave home. I have to be honest I'm just looking to earn a good amount of honest money to be a fireman so I can look at paying off a house! Since I'm also ex USAF and Australian Army I do want to go to the sandbox as well since Aussie Firefighters in the military dont get a look in there without rank!

Thread Information