Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KBR Fire

Default KBR Fire

I have done 1 year with WSI and was just offered 106,000 by KBR to be a fire inspector for them. Has anyone here worked for KBR fire?

Quote Originally Posted by FFFkorida View Post
    I have done 1 year with WSI and was just offered 106,000 by KBR to be a fire inspector for them. Has anyone here worked for KBR fire?
    i also did a year with wsi and am now working for kbr as a fire inspector at bagram. if i were you i would jump at the chance to come work at kbr before everyone working for wsi in iraq starts applying for jobs here, they might soon be looking for jobs (draw down by june 2009?). anyways kbr is looking for at least ten fire inspectors these ten will be flying to different bases in country doing fire inspections at the different fob's (fire bases or forward operating bases). for these ten jobs you need at the minimum all your one's.

Forum Member

Default Does KBR accept IFSAC certs?

I have all my certs. from the state of MO IFSAC accredited. Does KBR accept these or do you have to be DOD? Thanks in advance for your help.

IFSAC is DoD, DoD is IFSAC i mean yes they do accept IFSAC certs. Why i'm on this forum at one in the morning i'll never know.

Forum Member

Okay thank you, also does KBR require ARFF?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FIHHCC1 View Post
    Okay thank you, also does KBR require ARFF?

I looked at their jobs site and it does say ARFF is a requirement. Thats a pain it is hard to find an ARFF class around here and the ones I have found are very expensive! There was one next week but it was cancelled due to low registration. I see they have two different ARFF classes. A 16 and a 40. Will either suffice? Or does it have to be the 40?
    Local #10

Charles Stephen
    Eric Jeffrey
    Born 7/24/07
    My new twin boys that I love even more than being on the job!

Forum Member

I believe the 40 hour is the NFPA requirement to be ARFF certified. What part of the country are you in Mckee? I looked into taking one at LSU in mid-Nov.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FIHHCC1 View Post
    I believe the 40 hour is the NFPA requirement to be ARFF certified. What part of the country are you in Mckee? I looked into taking one at LSU in mid-Nov.

Just south of Pittsburgh. Literally 10 Minutes from the city. Our regional center is Pittsburgh International Airport they do ARFF training there but doesn't look like many classes coming up. They had one next week but got cancelled due to low enrollment. Not to mention according to their website it cost $700 or so to take the class. The sooner the better but I may have to wait.
    Local #10

Charles Stephen
    Eric Jeffrey
    Born 7/24/07

Forum Member

I've had about the same luck finding one. The class at LSU is a 40 hour from Mon. 17 - Sat. 22. It's cost is $300. Traveling, staying, etc. would make it cost a lot more I'm sure. Good luck tracking one down, and let us know if you find any!
    Last edited by FIHHCC1; 09-12-2008 at 07:14 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by McKeesportJeff View Post
    Just south of Pittsburgh. Literally 10 Minutes from the city. Our regional center is Pittsburgh International Airport they do ARFF training there but doesn't look like many classes coming up. They had one next week but got cancelled due to low enrollment. Not to mention according to their website it cost $700 or so to take the class. The sooner the better but I may have to wait.
    the int'l airport on guam sends their recruits to an academy in PA where they get ARFF, FF2, and some hazmat stuff...not sure on the name. i'll check with my old man

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dukduk View Post
    the int'l airport on guam sends their recruits to an academy in PA where they get ARFF, FF2, and some hazmat stuff...not sure on the name. i'll check with my old man
    It is probably Pittsburgh International Airport. A guy I work with is good friends with one of their instructors and they regularly have guys from out of country come in and use the facility and take various classes there.
    Local #10

Charles Stephen
    Eric Jeffrey
    Born 7/24/07

Forum Member

Default Jobs with KBR

I applied with KBR for both firefighter and paramedic jobs a few ago, but have not heard anything as of yet. Does anyone know how long it takes to hear anything about job offers. Thank, Jon

Forum Member

Default Fire Inspector

Are they still looking for inspectors over there? I know the KBR site doesn't always all post positions, and resumes are passed to folks already in country.

Matt

MembersZone Subscriber

Last edited by garypoe4454; 10-23-2008 at 10:27 PM.

Forum Member

Default Fire Inspectors Still Needed

I've received an overwhelming response and have forwarded the resumes that I received. It may take a few weeks for you to hear anything. If it appears more resumes are needed, I will repost the information.
    Last edited by FireOfficerTrue; 10-21-2008 at 10:22 PM.

Forum Member

Default resume sent

FIREOFFICERTRUE,

check your inbox! Thanks for the offer on forwarding up the resume, I appreciate it greatly. Spent the better part of last year living out of my backpack, so, no problem there!

Robert

Forum Member

Default Hiring Process

I have worked for wsi in Iraq before, and I am looking for something different. I have applied with KBR several times. I have the certs-DOD, Fire Inspector 1, the usual. I just havent heard anything yet. Does anyone know how long it takes to hear from KBR?
    Thanks, Jon

Default Add another one ot the list looking...

Looking for ARFF too....living in the DFW area and that's the only IFSAC seal I need to move on. If anyone knows of anything please give me a holler,

Thanks!

Default LSU offers ARFF

LSU is offering ARFF certs and i think you can actually stay at the LSU dorms if you are traveling from out of state.

if you are out of state be sure to ask about staying at the LSU FETI dorms

here is a link for the training center

http://feti.lsu.edu/

Forum Member

Smile

I'm headed to Afgan for a Fire Inspector Position. I'm looking to here from anyone that is working for KBR there. Kinda just a little run down on how things are ran. I've work contract work for sometime now, and please if you just want to bit#h b/c your not happy, and won't quit save yours and my time, keep it to yourself.
    Last edited by Shadow3167; 11-26-2008 at 07:20 AM. Reason: For the Grammer Police

Thread Information