Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default MABAS deployments to the South?

I heard RED Center was asking about resources. Any divisions gearing up to go down? If so what are you sending?

MembersZone Subscriber DjInferno's Avatar

MABAS 47 is sending down i think 5 guys and a tanker maybe? I know our dept. is sending 2 are are leaving first thing Wed. morning. We are just sending manpower..not sure where the truck is coming from.
    DJ

IAFF L738
    www.iafflocal738.org

IACOJ

MABAS 8 I believe has sent New Milford with a tanker (tender) and two personnel. My understanding is they were leaving Tuesday evening.
    "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

Forum Member

Red Center requested 30 engs, 20 tankers, 15 hv squads, plus light towers, all pos filled, as of 6pm Tues night they were awating orders.

Forum Member

MABAS 30 is sending a tanker and i dont know if MABAS 57 (where i live) is sending anything.
    "Let's Roll." Todd Beamer 9/11 first soldier in the war on terror

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America. And to the republic for which it stands ONE NATION UNDER GOD indivisible,with liberty, and justice for all.

I.A.C.O.J. Probie and darn proud of it.

Forum Member

Division 44 was sending an Engine and lighttower. Orders from RED Center came out yesterday evening to be at the deployment location (Southern IL)at 0600 this morning and then were later recinded at 2200 last night. I am not sure if this is a tempoary or complete standdown, I guess time will tell.
    Proudly serving as Vice-President of the Illinois Delegation of the IACOJ

Division 43 sent Engine and 4 personnel. (my A/C went)
    Lilyogi

Quote Originally Posted by DjInferno View Post
    MABAS 47 is sending down i think 5 guys and a tanker maybe? I know our dept. is sending 2 are are leaving first thing Wed. morning. We are just sending manpower..not sure where the truck is coming from.
    DJ, not at work today so I don't have the latest email correspondence but last I heard we were sending a tanker from Salem, their engineer, and one of your guys. I know the Starcom is buzzing with traffic. Someone had a mechanical failure and is getting repairs in Effingham but sounds like the convoy is on the move.
    SFPD Member MABAS Division 47
    Told my wife I'm at work. Told my boss I'm sick. I'm really at the fire station.
    I.A.C.O.J.

Forum Member

According to the Star-Com traffic the third convoy has left the staging location a short time ago.

I still have not found out why our division was told to stand down last night, the party must have been over booked.
    Proudly serving as Vice-President of the Illinois Delegation of the IACOJ

Forum Member

31 sent an eng, 62 a tanker, light towers were called off last night, talked to the boys at 0800 they were in Effingham being processed, 1 week deployment.

Our 2 guys got changed to 1 guy late last night... I was the number 2 guy to go too.....

Shane (the guy we sent) is going to send me pics and updates via text. I'm going to TRY to keep our union's website (link below in my signature) as current as I possibly can. Just click the hurricane relief pic on the slideshow on the main page.

If you guys know more than what I have posted, email me (info@iafflocal738.org) or if you know people who went who want to send pics, email me, I'll give you my cell number to have them text it to and I'll keep that as up to date as possible..but I can use all the help I can get. I'm sure people are interested in what's goin on to help the people down there, so direct anyone who wants to know to our Union's site.

Thanks guys!
    DJ

IAFF L738
    www.iafflocal738.org

IACOJ

Forum Member

Question

Hey Les,

Its may understanding that QFD was activated once on Monday afternoon, and then told to stand down. Again last night they were asked for a pumper. They had the pumper manned ready to deploy, and then told to standdown again. I also heard they were asking for light towers. I'm clueless as were the officers of QFD I was in a class with today.

We were asked about our availability on Friday. Sunday we were told we were possibly sending an engine and 4 men. Got the official word that we weren't going this morning. I am glad it wasn't as bad as they expected or planned for.
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

I am not sure how many we sent from Div 45 but I know one guy from our dept went

The group from around here is going to Houma, LA. Its an area that was hit very hard from Gustav as I understand. They will be working with the local FD, as they expect their call volume to nearly triple in the next few days as people return to their homes this morning.

Shane has been keeping me very up to date with news and photos. They're all on our website if anyone wants to check it out!
    DJ

IAFF L738
    www.iafflocal738.org

IACOJ

Forum Member

Div 62 is in East Fellancia Parish, we are filling the station in Ethel and are covering 4 districts. We have had 2 structure fires in 10 hrs. First in on one and second in on the other. We are being fed by some of the best food ever. The people here are vey nice.

I just got done posting several new pictures from the Gulf Coast area this evening for anyone who is interested!
    DJ

IAFF L738
    www.iafflocal738.org

IACOJ

Forum Member

Thanks DJ, nice pics. I spotted one of our guy's in the EOC.

MembersZone Subscriber
    DuBois, IL - just south of I-64 in the middle of the state

Looks like the Illinois folks will be coming home on the 12th as planned. I know division 47 will be returning as planned. Sounds like volunteers can stay a little longer to see what happens next.
    Jack Boczek, Chief
    Ashley Community Fire Protection District

FLATLANDERS FOREVER!

Forum Member

45 vehicles were sent home Sunday. An IMT was sent to oversee the rest. Don't think they needed all that was requested, but better to many than not enough.

Thread Information