Banned

Default Something The Democrats can be proud of

I've noticed that there have been over 300 arrests and multiple Violent protest at the Republican convention. You didn't hear about this garbage at the democratic convention. Now obviously, it is the opposition who protest at these things. Such a nasty group those anti-republicans are.

Forum Member

I don't know that I'd want a bunch of folks that liked going around town to break windows,overturn garbage cans( how does THAT "Keep America Beautiful"?)assault police officers and block traffic.
    How do any of those antics do anything to support the notion that the people doing them are mature reasonable adults instead of spoiled children who aren't getting enough attention?
    They have the right to protest anything that they disagree with,just as I do.I do my protesting at the ballot box and hope that I never have to repeat what happened 232 years ago when people had to fight to get the same Rights as other British subjects and instead had to split off and form an entirely new nation.
    It was my fervent hope that Hurricane Gustav would have forced the RNC to reschedule the convention for another week and that these so called protesters couldn't get the extra time off to go again.

Banned

400 more arrested!!! These are the dopes that are supporting the democratic ticket. WHACKOS!!!!! One idiot actually got into the convention itself. These morons don't get it. It's not their party. If you don't like the republican message go to the democratic convention. The stupid of the democrats really shows through when they do this stuff.

Back In Black

And two during McCain's speech.

Dispicable. Are they SO insecure about their beliefs that they have to crash a private event and treat the US Election as a joke.

What a bunch of immature idiots.
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

MembersZone Subscriber

Of course, some might find it interesting that the GOP can induce these people to act like this....
    "When you throw dirt, you lose ground."

IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber

Uh Doug, time off from what, welfare, university courses in basket weaving, parents allowance dispersal?

Quote Originally Posted by doughesson View Post
    I don't know that I'd want a bunch of folks that liked going around town to break windows,overturn garbage cans( how does THAT "Keep America Beautiful"?)assault police officers and block traffic.
    How do any of those antics do anything to support the notion that the people doing them are mature reasonable adults instead of spoiled children who aren't getting enough attention?
    They have the right to protest anything that they disagree with,just as I do.I do my protesting at the ballot box and hope that I never have to repeat what happened 232 years ago when people had to fight to get the same Rights as other British subjects and instead had to split off and form an entirely new nation.
    It was my fervent hope that Hurricane Gustav would have forced the RNC to reschedule the convention for another week and that these so called protesters couldn't get the extra time off to go again.

Back In Black

Quote Originally Posted by Emberxx View Post
    Of course, some might find it interesting that the GOP can induce these people to act like this....
    Induce?

Induce?

I guess JFK induced Oswald.

What a bizarre comment you made.
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

MembersZone Subscriber

Well Emberxx, you might want to go on e-bay and type in "reality" then bid. Exactly how does rioting and destroying private property equate to " The nasty republicans made me do it" ?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefKN View Post
    Induce?

Induce?

I guess JFK induced Oswald.

What a bizarre comment you made.
    ~sighs...

Induce:
    –verb (used with object), -duced, -duc·ing. 1. to lead or move by persuasion or influence, as to some action or state of mind: to induce a person to buy a raffle ticket.

In other words, people felt so moved or influenced by the actions of the Republicans that they decided to riot in the streets.

IACOJ

Back In Black

~sighs...

Induce:
    –verb (used with object), -duced, -duc·ing. 1. to lead or move by persuasion or influence, as to some action or state of mind: to induce a person to buy a raffle ticket.

In other words, people felt so moved or influenced by the actions of the Republicans that they decided to riot in the streets.

Cute sigh.

So, like I said, JFK induced Oswald. Is that wrong?

MembersZone Subscriber

Cute sigh.

So, like I said, JFK induced Oswald. Is that wrong?

If you want to play semantics, which it appears you do, I would suppose that you would have to answer 'yes' to your question.

Although I believe there's quite enough evidence posed in generally accepted theories that it wasn't JFK that 'induced' Oswald at all...

And thanks - nothing wrong with a cute sigh every once in a while...

'A dame that knows the ropes isn't likely to get tied up' - Mae West

IACOJ

Back In Black

If you want to play semantics, which it appears you do, I would suppose that you would have to answer 'yes' to your question.

Although I believe there's quite enough evidence posed in generally accepted theories that it wasn't JFK that 'induced' Oswald at all...
    Wait, you believe the someone other than Oswald did it? That explains quite a bit...

Anyway. I think the word induce is the wrong word. Even following your definition, there was no "persuasion" or "influence" on the part of the GOP. Induce means would RNC wanted them to protest...clearly not the case.

Yes, it's semantics; however, I thought you were using that word for it's specific meaning and somehow blaming the RNC?

I think motivate would be acceptable, although I disagree with the sentiment. Those people should respect the process and the rights of the RNC to hold their meeting.

MembersZone Subscriber

Wait, you believe the someone other than Oswald did it? That explains quite a bit...

Anyway. I think the word induce is the wrong word. Even following your definition, there was no "persuasion" or "influence" on the part of the GOP. Induce means would RNC wanted them to protest...clearly not the case.

Yes, it's semantics; however, I thought you were using that word for it's specific meaning and somehow blaming the RNC?

I think motivate would be acceptable, although I disagree with the sentiment. Those people should respect the process and the rights of the RNC to hold their meeting.
    You're a supporter of the rights given to us in the Constitution, correct? Then you should be a supporter of the right to assemble.

I don't agree with violence or with destroying someone else's property, but I do believe that they have every right to show up in force and protest.

And no...I don't believe someone other than Oswald did it, I was poking fun at those who do - a bit of nudge and wink. Clearly it was lost in translation

edited to add - I'm a tongue in cheek sort of girl, with a lot of sarcasm peppering my conversations...sometimes I forget that emotion doesn't show up well in forums...although hey, practice makes perfect right?!
    Last edited by Emberxx; 09-05-2008 at 03:51 PM.

IACOJ

Forum Member

Wow. People sure like to argue over nonsense on these forums lately.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Bones42 View Post
    Lol - I quit coming to these forums long ago because of that exact thing and only just recently started jumping back into the fray.

I don't think, however, that politics is necessarily nonsense (semantics might qualify though!) - And, for the most part it's good natured. Better here than the fire station...right?!

IACOJ

Back In Black

Quote Originally Posted by Bones42 View Post
    Captivating isn't it?

Thanks for adding.

Back In Black

You're a supporter of the rights given to us in the Constitution, correct? Then you should be a supporter of the right to assemble.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Key word would be "peaceably".

What they did was trespass. It's against the law and not allowed in the constitution anywhere I can see.

MembersZone Subscriber

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Key word would be "peaceably".

What they did was trespass. It's against the law and not allowed in the constitution anywhere I can see.
    Again you're misreading my words. I agree that the trespassing and violence should get them arrested. You stated, however:

"Those people should respect the process and the rights of the RNC to hold their meeting."

They have every right to assemble, yes, peaceably , and let the GOP know exactly how they feel.

IACOJ

Forum Member

I didn't respond to this thread when I saw the author. The author has shown repeatedly their inability to comprehend or make unsubstantiated statements.

That being said unless they or one of the others has proof Democrats or their leadership are behind and condone those rioting it is a stupid statement/accusation to make.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Permanently Removed

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    I didn't respond to this thread when I saw the author. The author has shown repeatedly their inability to comprehend or make unsubstantiated statements.

That being said unless they or one of the others has proof Democrats or their leadership are behind and condone those rioting it is a stupid statement/accusation to make.
    We all know their were only two democrats at the convention, Lieberman and McCain. The protesters were just disgruntled republicans who are dissapointed with the war.

Forum Member

IAFF

Back In Black

Again you're misreading my words. I agree that the trespassing and violence should get them arrested. You stated, however:

"Those people should respect the process and the rights of the RNC to hold their meeting."

They have every right to assemble, yes, peaceably , and let the GOP know exactly how they feel.
    Perhaps you lost track of my postings, completely understandable.

I was referencing those that disrupted McCain's speech IN the arena.

Outside, I don't care... except for the 400 ones that got arrested or detained or whatever.

Forum Member

Given Scarecrow's logic I can conclude this was done by republicans.

EEeeewwwwwww.

Back In Black

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post

Well, I don't think they were republicans... do you?

I don't see (did I miss it) that anyone said that the leadership of the democratic party condoned this? Maybe I missed it.

Forum Member

Well, I don't think they were republicans... do you?
    No I don't.

I don't see (did I miss it) that anyone said that the leadership of the democratic party condoned this? Maybe I missed it.
    What is the title of this thread again?

Thread Information