Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 592
  1. #201
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,693

    Default

    Looks like 8-12" starting Wednesday AM, possibly a 12 hour storm. Watching the news....waiting for the weather update.


  2. #202
    MembersZone Subscriber ktb9780's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Auburndale, FL
    Posts
    5,934

    Default

    Well borught 35 degree weather to dallas on secodn day there so the Iceman saga continues and looks like no relief in sight for NE area this week either. Look out NE here I come and somebody please find me a Karaoke bar where I can stay warm at! Looks like I will sneak in beofre and get out after its gone so that's a good thing. Boy you all really like to punish this good ole Southern boy don't you?
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

    "Never Trade Skill for Luck"

  3. #203
    Forum Member islandfire03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,485

    Talking

    Kurt : the good news is that in order to snow a lot it will have to warm up. It'd been way to cold to snow for the last week. It's right at zero right now.
    I left you a message today reminding you to pack your winter boots. See you Wednesday!
    Ed

  4. #204
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,693

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by islandfire03 View Post
    Kurt : the good news is that in order to snow a lot it will have to warm up. It'd been way to cold to snow for the last week. It's right at zero right now.
    I left you a message today reminding you to pack your winter boots. See you Wednesday!
    Ed
    Makes for light fluffy snow.....easy to clear. 35 would be considered a heat wave at this point.

  5. #205
    Forum Member Not2L84U2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Catlin, IL, USA
    Posts
    958

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Limeforever View Post
    Ryan, you must be a glutton for punishment, or as a recruit I need to speak to your truck officer and see if he can't find you a little more down time work. Good luck, I didn't see anything close to me that I could attend.
    Thank god I'm done with the recruit/probie thing. I got off probation sucessfully in November some time. Not that I can complain. My shift was exceptionally good to me. They still are good to me which allows me to travel all over the place and still get my primary job done. After everyone is starting to realize this $352K grant is more and more of a reality I think everyone understand what a benefit it is for me to be out doing these grant things too. Too bad you won't be able to make it. I would have saved you a guest speaking portion (just like I'm gonna do with Earl)

  6. #206
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    NW Indiana
    Posts
    1,419

    Default

    I think not. I've got laryngitis scheduled that day.

    earl

  7. #207
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    790

    Default

    Laryngitis, could that be sodium induced? Earl, as my daddy always said, better to be seen and thought to be smart, as to be heard and known to be full of ----. Thats why I am sitting in the crowd instead of up front.

  8. #208
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    NW Indiana
    Posts
    1,419

    Default

    Your Daddy spoke wise words!!

    earl (not putting a scorpion in my mouth before duct taping it shut)

  9. #209
    FH Mag/.com Contributor
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Cypress, TX
    Posts
    7,288

    Default

    Saw that commercial. Some people just ain't right in the head. Of course others say the same thing about us firefighters.

    And it's not me with the cold and snow, Kurt still gets that moniker. Was 60 in Denver last week when I was there and Minneapolis was a warm -15, which was better than what it was before I got there. FYI, dress pants don't ward off wind chill....

  10. #210
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,693

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greenacres2 View Post
    I think not. I've got laryngitis scheduled that day.

    earl
    excuses, excuses, excuses

  11. #211
    MembersZone Subscriber ktb9780's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Auburndale, FL
    Posts
    5,934

    Default

    OK 6:00PM, sitting in hotel in Manchester. 21 degrees but, NO SNOW yet! Alright all you stout New Englanders; if I can make it so can you. See you tomorrow. Hey this is great, seminar location, restaurant, hotel and local watering hole in same location; how convienent. Anyone looking for me in next three hours or so can find me putting some greatly needed anti-freeze in my tank at the Yard Lounge!
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

    "Never Trade Skill for Luck"

  12. #212
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,693

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ktb9780 View Post
    OK 6:00PM, sitting in hotel in Manchester. 21 degrees but, NO SNOW yet! Alright all you stout New Englanders; if I can make it so can you. See you tomorrow. Hey this is great, seminar location, restaurant, hotel and local watering hole in same location; how convienent. Anyone looking for me in next three hours or so can find me putting some greatly needed anti-freeze in my tank at the Yard Lounge!
    Don't worry it's coming....thank you very much. Looks like it will start snowing between 5-7 AM and getting heavier during the day. Should be no problem to get there for the 8 AM start. See you tomorrow.
    Last edited by onebugle; 01-27-2009 at 07:53 PM.

  13. #213
    MembersZone Subscriber ktb9780's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Auburndale, FL
    Posts
    5,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onebugle View Post
    Don't worry it's coming....thank you very much. Looks like it will start snowing between 5-7 AM and getting heavier during the day. Should be no problem to get there for the 8 AM start. See you tomorrow.
    OK Mr Pessimist, be that way.LOL! I'm tyring to stay optimistic for everyone, most of all myself. See you tomorrow! I'm out of here, I have a date with JD!
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

    "Never Trade Skill for Luck"

  14. #214
    Forum Member Not2L84U2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Catlin, IL, USA
    Posts
    958

    Default

    Believe me, I don't want to be the guy up there speaking either, but its just amazing how many departments don't know about the program still, so gotta do something to get the news out. Earls a good BSer though. He would be perfect to do these classes. By the end of his class you would not only know everything there is to know about grants but you'd want to buy insurance while you were at it. Don't you think Derrick?

  15. #215
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    NW Indiana
    Posts
    1,419

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BC79er View Post
    Was 60 in Denver last week when I was there and Minneapolis was a warm -15, which was better than what it was before I got there. FYI, dress pants don't ward off wind chill....
    At -15 long johns don't help much either!!

    earl

  16. #216
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    386

    Default

    Earl:

    I hope you can make it over, Ryan only says good things about you and you provide the forums with some great info!

    Sincerely,

    rfd599
    www.IllinoisFireStore.com

  17. #217
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    790

    Default

    Hey I bought two term life policies and insurance on the FD unit I drive while I was up at Earl's place. Funny thing, the beneficiary line was laready filled out for me with Earl's name on it. Nice of him to take care of that for me.

  18. #218
    FH Mag/.com Contributor
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Cypress, TX
    Posts
    7,288

    Default

    Did you check your lugnuts on the way out of there.

  19. #219
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    790

    Default

    HMMM? I noticed the vehicle driving a little funny, I just thought it was all of the ice and snow that Kurt had brought along with him.

  20. #220
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long time no Sea
    Posts
    2,253

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ktb9780 View Post
    Well borught 35 degree weather to dallas on secodn day there so the Iceman saga continues and looks like no relief in sight for NE area this week either. Look out NE here I come and somebody please find me a Karaoke bar where I can stay warm at! Looks like I will sneak in beofre and get out after its gone so that's a good thing. Boy you all really like to punish this good ole Southern boy don't you?
    Where in Nebraska were you Kurt? That storm system missed the eastern part.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. So what exactly happens to our location info?
    By ullrichk in forum Firehouse.Com Site Comments
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-31-2004, 09:04 PM
  2. RIT Equipment Location
    By FFTrainer in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-06-2004, 10:02 PM
  3. location
    By EoneTiller in forum Firehouse.Com Site Comments
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-06-2003, 01:40 AM
  4. Location
    By Resq14 in forum Firehouse.Com Site Comments
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-08-2003, 11:19 AM
  5. Location
    By zipperhead in forum Meet and Greet
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-17-2001, 07:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts