Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast
    MembersZone Subscriber

Looks like 8-12" starting Wednesday AM, possibly a 12 hour storm. Watching the news....waiting for the weather update.

Well borught 35 degree weather to dallas on secodn day there so the Iceman saga continues and looks like no relief in sight for NE area this week either. Look out NE here I come and somebody please find me a Karaoke bar where I can stay warm at! Looks like I will sneak in beofre and get out after its gone so that's a good thing. Boy you all really like to punish this good ole Southern boy don't you?
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

"Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Talking

Kurt : the good news is that in order to snow a lot it will have to warm up. It'd been way to cold to snow for the last week. It's right at zero right now.
    I left you a message today reminding you to pack your winter boots. See you Wednesday!
    Ed

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by islandfire03 View Post
    Kurt : the good news is that in order to snow a lot it will have to warm up. It'd been way to cold to snow for the last week. It's right at zero right now.
    I left you a message today reminding you to pack your winter boots. See you Wednesday!
    Ed
    Makes for light fluffy snow.....easy to clear. 35 would be considered a heat wave at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Limeforever View Post
    Ryan, you must be a glutton for punishment, or as a recruit I need to speak to your truck officer and see if he can't find you a little more down time work. Good luck, I didn't see anything close to me that I could attend.
    Thank god I'm done with the recruit/probie thing. I got off probation sucessfully in November some time. Not that I can complain. My shift was exceptionally good to me. They still are good to me which allows me to travel all over the place and still get my primary job done. After everyone is starting to realize this $352K grant is more and more of a reality I think everyone understand what a benefit it is for me to be out doing these grant things too. Too bad you won't be able to make it. I would have saved you a guest speaking portion (just like I'm gonna do with Earl)

MembersZone Subscriber

I think not. I've got laryngitis scheduled that day.

earl

Forum Member

Laryngitis, could that be sodium induced? Earl, as my daddy always said, better to be seen and thought to be smart, as to be heard and known to be full of ----. Thats why I am sitting in the crowd instead of up front.

MembersZone Subscriber

Your Daddy spoke wise words!!

earl (not putting a scorpion in my mouth before duct taping it shut)

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Saw that commercial. Some people just ain't right in the head. Of course others say the same thing about us firefighters.

And it's not me with the cold and snow, Kurt still gets that moniker. Was 60 in Denver last week when I was there and Minneapolis was a warm -15, which was better than what it was before I got there. FYI, dress pants don't ward off wind chill....

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Greenacres2 View Post
    I think not. I've got laryngitis scheduled that day.

earl
    excuses, excuses, excuses

OK 6:00PM, sitting in hotel in Manchester. 21 degrees but, NO SNOW yet! Alright all you stout New Englanders; if I can make it so can you. See you tomorrow. Hey this is great, seminar location, restaurant, hotel and local watering hole in same location; how convienent. Anyone looking for me in next three hours or so can find me putting some greatly needed anti-freeze in my tank at the Yard Lounge!
    Kurt Bradley

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ktb9780 View Post
    OK 6:00PM, sitting in hotel in Manchester. 21 degrees but, NO SNOW yet! Alright all you stout New Englanders; if I can make it so can you. See you tomorrow. Hey this is great, seminar location, restaurant, hotel and local watering hole in same location; how convienent. Anyone looking for me in next three hours or so can find me putting some greatly needed anti-freeze in my tank at the Yard Lounge!
    Don't worry it's coming....thank you very much. Looks like it will start snowing between 5-7 AM and getting heavier during the day. Should be no problem to get there for the 8 AM start. See you tomorrow.
    Last edited by onebugle; 01-27-2009 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by onebugle View Post
    Don't worry it's coming....thank you very much. Looks like it will start snowing between 5-7 AM and getting heavier during the day. Should be no problem to get there for the 8 AM start. See you tomorrow.
    OK Mr Pessimist, be that way.LOL! I'm tyring to stay optimistic for everyone, most of all myself. See you tomorrow! I'm out of here, I have a date with JD!
    Kurt Bradley

Believe me, I don't want to be the guy up there speaking either, but its just amazing how many departments don't know about the program still, so gotta do something to get the news out. Earls a good BSer though. He would be perfect to do these classes. By the end of his class you would not only know everything there is to know about grants but you'd want to buy insurance while you were at it. Don't you think Derrick?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by BC79er View Post
    Was 60 in Denver last week when I was there and Minneapolis was a warm -15, which was better than what it was before I got there. FYI, dress pants don't ward off wind chill....
    At -15 long johns don't help much either!!

earl

Forum Member

Earl:

I hope you can make it over, Ryan only says good things about you and you provide the forums with some great info!

Sincerely,

rfd599
    www.IllinoisFireStore.com

Forum Member

Hey I bought two term life policies and insurance on the FD unit I drive while I was up at Earl's place. Funny thing, the beneficiary line was laready filled out for me with Earl's name on it. Nice of him to take care of that for me.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Did you check your lugnuts on the way out of there.

Forum Member

HMMM? I noticed the vehicle driving a little funny, I just thought it was all of the ice and snow that Kurt had brought along with him.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ktb9780 View Post
    Well borught 35 degree weather to dallas on secodn day there so the Iceman saga continues and looks like no relief in sight for NE area this week either. Look out NE here I come and somebody please find me a Karaoke bar where I can stay warm at! Looks like I will sneak in beofre and get out after its gone so that's a good thing. Boy you all really like to punish this good ole Southern boy don't you?
    Where in Nebraska were you Kurt? That storm system missed the eastern part.

Thread Information