Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast
    Forum Member

Ahhh! NE is New England or NorthEast. nevermind,,,,,

Talking Kurt is the ICE MAN

Well as we already knew Kurt is a guarantee of snow & ice wherever he goes.

Just got home from the seminar that Mark hosted over in Manchester NH.
    As seems to happen whenever Kurt's in town, yesterday brought 8-10 inches of snow followed by an inch of rain & ice.

Excellent seminar and a great group of people. Mark & his folks had a great location with good meals and interesting conversations during breaks.
    Thanks again to Mark & the NH govt. center for hosting us.

Finally got to meet Onebugle after several years of forum conversations.

Kurt: happy trails on your trip to sunny Rochester NY.

Ed

Hey I gotta admit it here, you all are some tough ones here to brave that weather and still make it in for the seminar. Only 2 no shows and they were from ME. They probablay didn't trust my fortitude that this "gool ole southern boy" would plow his way on through to be there. Oh well their loss! Westward ho! See you all in Bushnell's Basin. Hey Rochester, tell that DJ at the Karaoke Pub next to your station to clear the stage, I'm in a singing mood tonight!
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

"Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Forum Member

Default Knowledge is good! Emil Faber

Brian,
    Thanks again for the seminar last night. I thought I had my act together going 4 for 5 on grants this year, but you showed me how much better we can be and how much more we can get.
    For anyone considering whether or not to go to one of these seminars, definately go! You get a lot of great information reading the masters on here, but you will get so much more from attending a seminar and networking with our brothers and sisters. Again Brian thanks, and thanks to all on here who help us out!

MembersZone Subscriber

Lightbulb Kurt needs an electric blanket

First off, I would like to thank Mark, the Londonderry FD and the NH government center for hosting the seminar. Great location and good food all in one building.

Secondly, I would like to thank Kurt for taking the time to come from a warm climate and suffer for a few days in the cold, snow, ice and rain. A wealth of info and you can actually "train an old dog new tricks". For some reason Kurt really did not like a 51 degree hotel room. Kurt you need to pack an electric blanket for your cold weather trips.

Thirdly, it was great to meet all of the folks in person that hang out on the forums like islandfire, mark and others (sorry having a brain cramp). The whole group of folks in the class made it enjoyable experience and wish every one future success in their grant pursuits.

I have now attended seminars by Brian and Kurt; both are a wealth of info. Attend a seminar, you will be pleasantly surprised at what you will learn whether a beginner or an accomplished grant writer.

Thanks Andy. I can assure you it is not much wmarmer here in Rochester; lake effect flurries and 7" dumped here in last day or so. I will however say that this room is toasty at 78 degrees. Thanks for the kudos I appreciate it as I am sure bc79er does. Our hearts are in this work and both of us do make some strange sacrifices yearly to benefit all out here and obviously it pays off.
    Kurt Bradley

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Good to meet you in person Tom, thanks for the kudos. Always nice to hear I'm not wasting people's time. I get frequent flier miles out of the traveling so no loss for me, but good to hear people are learning also.

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking Winter is almost over Kurt:

.......we can see the deer wandering around now.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Unfortunalty not for me. Its home for two days of wormth and then off to the Minot ND winter wonderlands.
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

Safe flight home this morning, Kurt! At least that storm that we talked about the other night went east, so it'll miss you. Thank you for the FANTASTIC class this weekend at Bushnell's Basin. And what a great facility! Already started "tweeking" our AFG narrative based on what I learned over the weekend. Thanks again!
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by DFDCar1 View Post
    Safe flight home this morning, Kurt! At least that storm that we talked about the other night went east, so it'll miss you. Thank you for the FANTASTIC class this weekend at Bushnell's Basin. And what a great facility! Already started "tweeking" our AFG narrative based on what I learned over the weekend. Thanks again!
    My pleasure and thanks for introducing me to "Dinosaur" BBQ. Wow, what a feast that was!
    Kurt Bradley

FH Mag/.com Contributor

I head to Grand Forks on Friday. Make sure you take the snow with you so I can bring the call volume for everyone. Happened Saturday down in Victoria TX, 4 departments had to leave before we started for fires and never made it back. Fire marshal was in and out the whole time. Call volume helps computer scoring and weather difficulties show the need for a closer resource so both of us are helping out just by coming through the area.

Quote Originally Posted by BC79er View Post
    I head to Grand Forks on Friday. Make sure you take the snow with you so I can bring the call volume for everyone. Happened Saturday down in Victoria TX, 4 departments had to leave before we started for fires and never made it back. Fire marshal was in and out the whole time. Call volume helps computer scoring and weather difficulties show the need for a closer resource so both of us are helping out just by coming through the area.
    Oh rea so now we are going to bring the snow storm of the century and raging sructure fires and ulti-vehicle accidents to their state all at the same time. Ought to be an interesting weeknd! LOL!
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

Kurt, Dennis and Bushnells Basin FD Great job as usual. Thank you to all ! networking, education and social activity the fire service is a great place to be !

Quote Originally Posted by AdirondackCapt1 View Post
    Kurt, Dennis and Bushnells Basin FD Great job as usual. Thank you to all ! networking, education and social activity the fire service is a great place to be !
    Thanks guy I thought I was leaving the cold but looks like I drug it South with me. Wind chill factor is going to 20 tonight.
    Kurt Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by ktb9780 View Post
    Thanks guy I thought I was leaving the cold but looks like I drug it South with me. Wind chill factor is going to 20 tonight.
    Kurt get it warmed up down there I am coming down in June and don't want to have to have the long sleeves with me. I thinking after march I will be ready for the vacation and going to Mickey and Minnie. Maybe a little laying pool side.

Quote Originally Posted by daniels627 View Post
    Kurt get it warmed up down there I am coming down in June and don't want to have to have the long sleeves with me. I thinking after march I will be ready for the vacation and going to Mickey and Minnie. Maybe a little laying pool side.
    Or a little fishing for a 10-12 lb large mouth!LOL!
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

Daniels627, give me an email and I will put you in touch with a vacation homes company if you don't want to stay in the parks. Went down there ofr two weeks back in sept/oct and actually got to see Kurt's personal relaxation getaway and heard the karoke king sing a few songs.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Limeforever View Post
    Daniels627, give me an email and I will put you in touch with a vacation homes company if you don't want to stay in the parks. Went down there ofr two weeks back in sept/oct and actually got to see Kurt's personal relaxation getaway and heard the karoke king sing a few songs.
    We are good we are not staying in the park we have a condo two mile outside of Disney. I am not sure when I get older we don't end up the more. We are there at least once a year and boy I tell you I am ready for it this year. Lots going on and just need to take a break and sit back and relax. I was at a seminar in WV last year and they had a karaoke bar just down the road from there and got to hear Kurt there. He is definitely a king.

Quote Originally Posted by ktb9780 View Post
    Or a little fishing for a 10-12 lb large mouth!LOL!
    Kurt not a big fisherman. Got to watch eating fish some of it I tend to have a allergy to so never got in to it to much.

Thread Information