1. #301
    MembersZone Subscriber
    ktb9780's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Auburndale, FL
    Posts
    6,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by islandfire03 View Post
    While it's colder than the dark side of the moon right now, we still have green grass and no snow on the ground out here in the Islands. Inland has had some [8-10 inches] and over in NH has had quite a bit 12 -20 inches.
    I can't make it over to Marks this year as I have a class I'm teaching thats been scheduled since october. Wednesday is supposed to bring more snow slop to the area though just in time for your arrival.

    Sorry I won't get to see you there guy. Maybe next year though, as long as I am allowed by the weather God's to beat a hasty retreat back to the land of sunshine and warmth.
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

    "Never Trade Skill for Luck"

  2. #302
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long time no Sea
    Posts
    2,253

    Unhappy I apologise

    Quote Originally Posted by ktb9780 View Post
    Sorry I won't get to see you there guy. Maybe next year though, as long as I am allowed by the weather God's to beat a hasty retreat back to the land of sunshine and warmth.
    Please quit seeding the clouds with your Voodoo. I surrender.

  3. #303
    MembersZone Subscriber
    ktb9780's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Auburndale, FL
    Posts
    6,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jam24u View Post
    Please quit seeding the clouds with your Voodoo. I surrender.
    OK I'll quit for now at least till I head back to Valley Center and Eldon's neck of the woods after the first.
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

    "Never Trade Skill for Luck"

  4. #304
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long time no Sea
    Posts
    2,253

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ktb9780 View Post
    OK I'll quit for now at least till I head back to Valley Center and Eldon's neck of the woods after the first.
    You can't imagine the relief off of my shoulders now.

  5. #305
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by islandfire03 View Post
    While it's colder than the dark side of the moon right now, we still have green grass and no snow on the ground out here in the Islands. Inland has had some [8-10 inches] and over in NH has had quite a bit 12 -20 inches.
    I can't make it over to Marks this year as I have a class I'm teaching thats been scheduled since october. Wednesday is supposed to bring more snow slop to the area though just in time for your arrival.

    Same here, can't make it to Mark's this year. Praying to the weather gods that we will be able to get out of Dodge on Friday without being caught in a Kurt Blizzard. Thursday need to drive to Castine and pick up our daughter and 2 friends from college and leave Friday for Xmas in Florida.

  6. #306
    MembersZone Subscriber
    ktb9780's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Auburndale, FL
    Posts
    6,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onebugle View Post
    Same here, can't make it to Mark's this year. Praying to the weather gods that we will be able to get out of Dodge on Friday without being caught in a Kurt Blizzard. Thursday need to drive to Castine and pick up our daughter and 2 friends from college and leave Friday for Xmas in Florida.
    Yea looking at a low tonight of 11 degrees in Londonderry, Geez Louise! Where are my long johns?. Now you know I won't do that on the day I am scheduled to get back to the Sun & Fun now guy so you should be able to make it out. Where you headed in FLA?
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

    "Never Trade Skill for Luck"

  7. #307
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long time no Sea
    Posts
    2,253

    Default

    That's what I'm gonna call them now, A Kurt's Blizzard. Been here 20 years now and a few weeks after the curse, experience the worse blizzard ever. What a rotting time. 10 below last night and a high of around 8.

    The day before I flew out to the summit in Reno we got 10" and I barely got a flight heading west.

    Yeah, a Kurts Blizzard is perfect title. (I'm not complaining, its meant with respect. sir)

  8. #308
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    SW MO
    Posts
    4,249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jam24u View Post
    That's what I'm gonna call them now, A Kurt's Blizzard. Been here 20 years now and a few weeks after the curse, experience the worse blizzard ever. What a rotting time. 10 below last night and a high of around 8.

    The day before I flew out to the summit in Reno we got 10" and I barely got a flight heading west.

    Yeah, a Kurts Blizzard is perfect title. (I'm not complaining, its meant with respect. sir)
    Maybe Kurt should be the US delegate at the global warming convention in Copehagen.

  9. #309
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Fort Smith, AR
    Posts
    66

    Default Arkansas/Oklahoma Seminar

    Fort Smith Emergency Medical Services will be hosting Kurt's seminar February 26-27, 2010. Fort Smith is located on the Arkansas/Oklahoma border.

    For more information contact me at brian@fsems.org or visit kurt's website www.hdgrants.com

  10. #310
    Forum Member
    islandfire03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,587

    Talking Pack the long johns Kurt

    Was 48 last night at 11PM 11 degrees this morning at 6. high today 20

    It is true dorothy,,,, the ice man cometh to New England!

  11. #311
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ktb9780 View Post
    Yea looking at a low tonight of 11 degrees in Londonderry, Geez Louise! Where are my long johns?. Now you know I won't do that on the day I am scheduled to get back to the Sun & Fun now guy so you should be able to make it out. Where you headed in FLA?
    We'll be in Kissimmee.

  12. #312
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lynnfield MA
    Posts
    242

    Smile Londonderry Seminar

    Hey Everyone: The ice man served up another winner, great seminar in Londonderry. I am thinking we make this an annual occurrence! Although I don't know if I can stand the cold. Before Kurt arrived it was 40 degrees, after Kurt arrived 4 degrees. Now I here a blizzard may be coming! Thankfully Kurt's flight departs MHT on Saturday morning. Perhaps the storm will go out to sea.
    Mark

  13. #313
    MembersZone Subscriber
    ktb9780's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Auburndale, FL
    Posts
    6,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onebugle View Post
    We'll be in Kissimmee.

    Give me a shout home for holidays only 25 minutes away. Maybe we can gard a lunch break together.
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

    "Never Trade Skill for Luck"

  14. #314
    MembersZone Subscriber
    ktb9780's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Auburndale, FL
    Posts
    6,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mwtetreault View Post
    Hey Everyone: The ice man served up another winner, great seminar in Londonderry. I am thinking we make this an annual occurrence! Although I don't know if I can stand the cold. Before Kurt arrived it was 40 degrees, after Kurt arrived 4 degrees. Now I here a blizzard may be coming! Thankfully Kurt's flight departs MHT on Saturday morning. Perhaps the storm will go out to sea.
    Mark
    Mark, once again an excellent host, a great facility and a productive workshop. Many thanks and I like that "annual" theme. I want to see some ground broken on that new station you won by then. I hope this does not turn out to b another trip like Minot, ND was last year with me stranded for 5 days waiting to fly out. Time to go warm the insides with a JD or 2 and de-stress with some singing at that Wil Rovers pub there in Manchester.Wow that peppermint candy your wife made is awesome
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

    "Never Trade Skill for Luck"

  15. #315
    MembersZone Subscriber
    ktb9780's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Auburndale, FL
    Posts
    6,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mwtetreault View Post
    Hey Everyone: The ice man served up another winner, great seminar in Londonderry. I am thinking we make this an annual occurrence! Although I don't know if I can stand the cold. Before Kurt arrived it was 40 degrees, after Kurt arrived 4 degrees. Now I here a blizzard may be coming! Thankfully Kurt's flight departs MHT on Saturday morning. Perhaps the storm will go out to sea.
    Mark
    Mark, once again an excellent host, a great facility and a productive workshop. Many thanks and I like that "annual" theme. I want to see some ground broken on that new station you won by then. I hope this does not turn out to b another trip like Minot, ND was last year with me stranded for 5 days waiting to fly out. Time to go warm the insides with a JD or 2 and de-stress with some singing at that Wild Rovers pub there in Manchester.Wow that peppermint candy your wife made is awesome
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

    "Never Trade Skill for Luck"

  16. #316
    MembersZone Subscriber
    ktb9780's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Auburndale, FL
    Posts
    6,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Catch22 View Post
    Maybe Kurt should be the US delegate at the global warming convention in Copehagen.

    Oh you are too funny man.At least I would be more entertaining than their speaker this morning was.
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

    "Never Trade Skill for Luck"

  17. #317
    Forum Member
    Not2L84U2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Catlin, IL, USA
    Posts
    958

    Default

    Happy to say the Kurt will be putting on a 6 hour seminar in Dixon, IL on January 9, 2010. For more details you can download the flyer at http://www.bffa.net/training/GrantFlyerBFFA.pdf

    Hope to see some of you there!

  18. #318
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    SW MO
    Posts
    4,249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bweindel View Post
    Fort Smith Emergency Medical Services will be hosting Kurt's seminar February 26-27, 2010. Fort Smith is located on the Arkansas/Oklahoma border.

    For more information contact me at brian@fsems.org or visit kurt's website www.hdgrants.com
    I'm really thinking about trying to go to this one. I just don't know if I want to navigate the Boston Mountains with the snow that's sure to follow Kurt in.

  19. #319
    MembersZone Subscriber
    ktb9780's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Auburndale, FL
    Posts
    6,080

    Default By the skin of my teeth!

    Manchester to Philly was a thrill ride upon landing in Philly; than God for reverse thrusters I can assure you it was slippery getting stopped. A real nail biter sitting in the de-icing stall fo 30 minutes too looking at pratically white out conitions outside the window and all the time watching the clock.Two hors late on departure and no sign that snow was letting up. Finally made it to runway climbed out and no sooner punched thorugh the couds to blue sky the Capt announced that thy had just shut Philly down. Whew!

    OK now folks that's enough drama for the iceman for one year. Lets not have any more "storm of the century" tales while I am out trying to teach this year.
    Last edited by ktb9780; 12-20-2009 at 10:10 AM.
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

    "Never Trade Skill for Luck"

  20. #320
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long time no Sea
    Posts
    2,253

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ktb9780 View Post
    Manchester to Philly was a thrill ride upon landing in Philly; than God for reverse thrusters I can assure you it was slippery getting stopped. A real nail biter sitting in the de-icing stall fo 30 minutes too looking at pratically white out conitions outside the window and all the time watching the clock.Two hors late on departure and no sign that snow was letting up. Finally made it to runway climbed out and no sooner punched thorugh the couds to blue sky the Capt announced that thy had just shut Philly down. Whew!

    OK now folks that's enough drama for the iceman for one year. Lets not have any more "torm of the century" tales while I am out trying to teach this year.
    Amen, Amen and AMEN!

  21. #321
    MembersZone Subscriber
    ktb9780's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Auburndale, FL
    Posts
    6,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jam24u View Post
    Amen, Amen and AMEN!
    Well at least I will not have to worry about that in Deerfield Beach in January. That's the only one I am sure I won't have snow at.LOL!
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

    "Never Trade Skill for Luck"

  22. #322
    FH Mag/.com Contributor

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Cypress, TX
    Posts
    7,288

    Default

    Don't be too sure, snowed in Houston for the first time in 5 years when you were getting dumped on in Dallas.

  23. #323
    MembersZone Subscriber
    ktb9780's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Auburndale, FL
    Posts
    6,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BC79er View Post
    Don't be too sure, snowed in Houston for the first time in 5 years when you were getting dumped on in Dallas.
    I tell you what if it snows in Deerfield Beach I am going to quit the grant business and go into "weather snow dancing" and hire myself out to ski resorts.LOL!
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

    "Never Trade Skill for Luck"

  24. #324
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    790

    Default

    Hope you stay away from KY for a while and let us melt out. we only got about 13" but the road departments around here don't have a clue on how to prepare, and the people must have never driven in snow before. But heck, I had to go up to Earl's just for my kids to get to play in their first snow. But we made up for it sledding the last couple of days. We only have a few thousand without power right now. I was considering going up to Ryans for class, but Illinois in January, I might have to put studded snow tires on the excursion...

  25. #325
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long time no Sea
    Posts
    2,253

    Default

    Any idea how the West to East interstate through Tennessee is? Will be traveling through on Saturday and Sunday. If I have to go to the gulf coast and east to get to Fort Bragg I will.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. So what exactly happens to our location info?
    By ullrichk in forum Firehouse.Com Site Comments
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-31-2004, 09:04 PM
  2. RIT Equipment Location
    By FFTrainer in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-06-2004, 10:02 PM
  3. location
    By EoneTiller in forum Firehouse.Com Site Comments
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-06-2003, 01:40 AM
  4. Location
    By Resq14 in forum Firehouse.Com Site Comments
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-08-2003, 11:19 AM
  5. Location
    By zipperhead in forum Meet and Greet
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-17-2001, 07:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register