MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by islandfire03 View Post
    While it's colder than the dark side of the moon right now, we still have green grass and no snow on the ground out here in the Islands. Inland has had some [8-10 inches] and over in NH has had quite a bit 12 -20 inches.
    I can't make it over to Marks this year as I have a class I'm teaching thats been scheduled since october. Wednesday is supposed to bring more snow slop to the area though just in time for your arrival.

Sorry I won't get to see you there guy. Maybe next year though, as long as I am allowed by the weather God's to beat a hasty retreat back to the land of sunshine and warmth.
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

"Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Forum Member

Unhappy I apologise

Quote Originally Posted by ktb9780 View Post
    Sorry I won't get to see you there guy. Maybe next year though, as long as I am allowed by the weather God's to beat a hasty retreat back to the land of sunshine and warmth.
    Please quit seeding the clouds with your Voodoo. I surrender.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by jam24u View Post
    Please quit seeding the clouds with your Voodoo. I surrender.
    OK I'll quit for now at least till I head back to Valley Center and Eldon's neck of the woods after the first.
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

OK I'll quit for now at least till I head back to Valley Center and Eldon's neck of the woods after the first.
    You can't imagine the relief off of my shoulders now.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by islandfire03 View Post
    While it's colder than the dark side of the moon right now, we still have green grass and no snow on the ground out here in the Islands. Inland has had some [8-10 inches] and over in NH has had quite a bit 12 -20 inches.
    I can't make it over to Marks this year as I have a class I'm teaching thats been scheduled since october. Wednesday is supposed to bring more snow slop to the area though just in time for your arrival.

Same here, can't make it to Mark's this year. Praying to the weather gods that we will be able to get out of Dodge on Friday without being caught in a Kurt Blizzard. Thursday need to drive to Castine and pick up our daughter and 2 friends from college and leave Friday for Xmas in Florida.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by onebugle View Post
    Same here, can't make it to Mark's this year. Praying to the weather gods that we will be able to get out of Dodge on Friday without being caught in a Kurt Blizzard. Thursday need to drive to Castine and pick up our daughter and 2 friends from college and leave Friday for Xmas in Florida.
    Yea looking at a low tonight of 11 degrees in Londonderry, Geez Louise! Where are my long johns?. Now you know I won't do that on the day I am scheduled to get back to the Sun & Fun now guy so you should be able to make it out. Where you headed in FLA?
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

That's what I'm gonna call them now, A Kurt's Blizzard. Been here 20 years now and a few weeks after the curse, experience the worse blizzard ever. What a rotting time. 10 below last night and a high of around 8.

The day before I flew out to the summit in Reno we got 10" and I barely got a flight heading west.

Yeah, a Kurts Blizzard is perfect title. (I'm not complaining, its meant with respect. sir)

MembersZone Subscriber

That's what I'm gonna call them now, A Kurt's Blizzard. Been here 20 years now and a few weeks after the curse, experience the worse blizzard ever. What a rotting time. 10 below last night and a high of around 8.

The day before I flew out to the summit in Reno we got 10" and I barely got a flight heading west.

Yeah, a Kurts Blizzard is perfect title. (I'm not complaining, its meant with respect. sir)
    Maybe Kurt should be the US delegate at the global warming convention in Copehagen.

Forum Member

Default Arkansas/Oklahoma Seminar

Fort Smith Emergency Medical Services will be hosting Kurt's seminar February 26-27, 2010. Fort Smith is located on the Arkansas/Oklahoma border.

For more information contact me at brian@fsems.org or visit kurt's website www.hdgrants.com

Forum Member

Talking Pack the long johns Kurt

Was 48 last night at 11PM 11 degrees this morning at 6. high today 20

It is true dorothy,,,, the ice man cometh to New England!

MembersZone Subscriber

Yea looking at a low tonight of 11 degrees in Londonderry, Geez Louise! Where are my long johns?. Now you know I won't do that on the day I am scheduled to get back to the Sun & Fun now guy so you should be able to make it out. Where you headed in FLA?
    We'll be in Kissimmee.

MembersZone Subscriber

Smile Londonderry Seminar

Hey Everyone: The ice man served up another winner, great seminar in Londonderry. I am thinking we make this an annual occurrence! Although I don't know if I can stand the cold. Before Kurt arrived it was 40 degrees, after Kurt arrived 4 degrees. Now I here a blizzard may be coming! Thankfully Kurt's flight departs MHT on Saturday morning. Perhaps the storm will go out to sea.
    Mark

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by onebugle View Post
    We'll be in Kissimmee.

Give me a shout home for holidays only 25 minutes away. Maybe we can gard a lunch break together.
    Kurt Bradley

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by mwtetreault View Post
    Hey Everyone: The ice man served up another winner, great seminar in Londonderry. I am thinking we make this an annual occurrence! Although I don't know if I can stand the cold. Before Kurt arrived it was 40 degrees, after Kurt arrived 4 degrees. Now I here a blizzard may be coming! Thankfully Kurt's flight departs MHT on Saturday morning. Perhaps the storm will go out to sea.
    Mark
    Mark, once again an excellent host, a great facility and a productive workshop. Many thanks and I like that "annual" theme. I want to see some ground broken on that new station you won by then. I hope this does not turn out to b another trip like Minot, ND was last year with me stranded for 5 days waiting to fly out. Time to go warm the insides with a JD or 2 and de-stress with some singing at that Wil Rovers pub there in Manchester.Wow that peppermint candy your wife made is awesome
    Kurt Bradley

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by mwtetreault View Post
    Mark
    Mark, once again an excellent host, a great facility and a productive workshop. Many thanks and I like that "annual" theme. I want to see some ground broken on that new station you won by then. I hope this does not turn out to b another trip like Minot, ND was last year with me stranded for 5 days waiting to fly out. Time to go warm the insides with a JD or 2 and de-stress with some singing at that Wild Rovers pub there in Manchester.Wow that peppermint candy your wife made is awesome
    Kurt Bradley

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Catch22 View Post
    Maybe Kurt should be the US delegate at the global warming convention in Copehagen.

Oh you are too funny man.At least I would be more entertaining than their speaker this morning was.
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

Happy to say the Kurt will be putting on a 6 hour seminar in Dixon, IL on January 9, 2010. For more details you can download the flyer at http://www.bffa.net/training/GrantFlyerBFFA.pdf

Hope to see some of you there!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by bweindel View Post
    Fort Smith Emergency Medical Services will be hosting Kurt's seminar February 26-27, 2010. Fort Smith is located on the Arkansas/Oklahoma border.

For more information contact me at brian@fsems.org or visit kurt's website www.hdgrants.com
    I'm really thinking about trying to go to this one. I just don't know if I want to navigate the Boston Mountains with the snow that's sure to follow Kurt in.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default By the skin of my teeth!

Manchester to Philly was a thrill ride upon landing in Philly; than God for reverse thrusters I can assure you it was slippery getting stopped. A real nail biter sitting in the de-icing stall fo 30 minutes too looking at pratically white out conitions outside the window and all the time watching the clock.Two hors late on departure and no sign that snow was letting up. Finally made it to runway climbed out and no sooner punched thorugh the couds to blue sky the Capt announced that thy had just shut Philly down. Whew!

OK now folks that's enough drama for the iceman for one year. Lets not have any more "storm of the century" tales while I am out trying to teach this year.
    Last edited by ktb9780; 12-20-2009 at 10:10 AM.
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

Manchester to Philly was a thrill ride upon landing in Philly; than God for reverse thrusters I can assure you it was slippery getting stopped. A real nail biter sitting in the de-icing stall fo 30 minutes too looking at pratically white out conitions outside the window and all the time watching the clock.Two hors late on departure and no sign that snow was letting up. Finally made it to runway climbed out and no sooner punched thorugh the couds to blue sky the Capt announced that thy had just shut Philly down. Whew!

OK now folks that's enough drama for the iceman for one year. Lets not have any more "torm of the century" tales while I am out trying to teach this year.
    Amen, Amen and AMEN!

MembersZone Subscriber

Amen, Amen and AMEN!
    Well at least I will not have to worry about that in Deerfield Beach in January. That's the only one I am sure I won't have snow at.LOL!
    Kurt Bradley

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Don't be too sure, snowed in Houston for the first time in 5 years when you were getting dumped on in Dallas.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by BC79er View Post
    Don't be too sure, snowed in Houston for the first time in 5 years when you were getting dumped on in Dallas.
    I tell you what if it snows in Deerfield Beach I am going to quit the grant business and go into "weather snow dancing" and hire myself out to ski resorts.LOL!
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

Hope you stay away from KY for a while and let us melt out. we only got about 13" but the road departments around here don't have a clue on how to prepare, and the people must have never driven in snow before. But heck, I had to go up to Earl's just for my kids to get to play in their first snow. But we made up for it sledding the last couple of days. We only have a few thousand without power right now. I was considering going up to Ryans for class, but Illinois in January, I might have to put studded snow tires on the excursion...

Forum Member

Any idea how the West to East interstate through Tennessee is? Will be traveling through on Saturday and Sunday. If I have to go to the gulf coast and east to get to Fort Bragg I will.

Thread Information