Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 51213141516171825 ... LastLast
    mbr
    Forum Member

Default Kurt's Grant Writing Seminar Is Coming To Ohio!

The Allen - Clay Joint Fire District will be hosting one of Kurts Grant writing Seminars Feburary 20 - 21, 2010. This is will be just before the 2010 Grants are opened. Remember next years grant funding will be reduced and anything you can learn here will give you one leg up when writing your grant.

For more information visit Kurts website http//www.hdgrants.com or you can contact Chief Moritz at moritz301@toast.net

MembersZone Subscriber

Chief Moritz--remind me where you're located. I think you came to our session in La Porte, IN--it's about time for me to go through remedial training.

Thanks,
    earl

Quote Originally Posted by Greenacres2 View Post
    Chief Moritz--remind me where you're located. I think you came to our session in La Porte, IN--it's about time for me to go through remedial training.

Thanks,
    earl
    Earl he is Allen-Clay Joint Fire District in Genoa, OH.
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

"Never Trade Skill for Luck"

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks Kurt--i was thinking he was somewhere near Toledo. Since my computer swap, i'm having trouble finding my archives!!

earl

Thanks Kurt--i was thinking he was somewhere near Toledo. Since my computer swap, i'm having trouble finding my archives!!

earl
    So I am guessing you finally buried that old dinosaur you were using eh? Or was that more a Sue issue. LOL!
    Kurt Bradley

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ktb9780 View Post
    So I am guessing you finally buried that old dinosaur you were using eh? Or was that more a Sue issue. LOL!
    Fortunately for me--Sue hasn't buried her dinosaur...yet!!

We replaced her laptop late last year, then in February i picked up a little Acer Netbook at Tiger Direct. Got tired of lugging a 12 pound case on weekends. Netbook is 2 pounds and great for limited use--well worth the $230 i paid for it--but if i was going to do it again i'd go 10" instead of 9" screen. My desktop finally died mid summer, so i plugged a keyboard, mouse and monitor into the netbook as a quick fix. Been living with that since, and it's adequate. Starting to look at a more permanent solution--probably going to be another desktop box so we can maybe do some media stuff.

Stay warm Kurt!!

earl

FH Mag/.com Contributor

I picked up the 10" Netbook as a quick fix for one of the add-on instructors I picked up, but also for $50 more than a portable DVD player it now fills that role on the road for my daughter and Dora with a bigger screen and longer battery life. Would have liked more than 1MB but the 160GB HD is more than enough. I rip the DVDs to mp4 format as a single file so just have to run them across the network from the desktop to this and we're in business. I still live on my tablet with touchscreen though. Need a docking station though, tired of synchronizing with the desktop every time I head out on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by BC79er View Post
    I picked up the 10" Netbook as a quick fix for one of the add-on instructors I picked up, but also for $50 more than a portable DVD player it now fills that role on the road for my daughter and Dora with a bigger screen and longer battery life. Would have liked more than 1MB but the 160GB HD is more than enough. I rip the DVDs to mp4 format as a single file so just have to run them across the network from the desktop to this and we're in business. I still live on my tablet with touchscreen though. Need a docking station though, tired of synchronizing with the desktop every time I head out on the road.
    Moved to a new HP laptop with dual 22 inch monitors, wireless full keyboard and docking station setup for in the office, I love it. Great for doing those draft to final comparisons.
    Kurt Bradley

FH Mag/.com Contributor

I've got a 22 on the desktop now, used two when I was doing software to watch process progress in the code itself but otherwise don't have the space in the current office. Will be fixed in 4 weeks and whatever time it takes to stud and drywall the new office, then I'll have plenty of room to run the 22 and the laptop screen. Wireless keyboard is just dead batteries in waiting for me, never get more than 6 feet from the screen so no need for the extra expense since I couldn't see from 6 feet away. Unless of course I run the projector...but that's only for when I get the Atari 2600 out of storage and want some 10' wide PacMan or Asteroids.

MembersZone Subscriber

When they put double monitors in for all of us at the office, i thought it was a tremendous waste. Now, i come home and go crazy 'cuz i've only got one screen. We're only running two 19" monitors at work--i could be sold on 22's!!
    earl

When they put double monitors in for all of us at the office, i thought it was a tremendous waste. Now, i come home and go crazy 'cuz i've only got one screen. We're only running two 19" monitors at work--i could be sold on 22's!!
    earl
    I could not see the advantage when first discussed till I tried it with a couple of CRT montors and then I was sold. Could not wait till I could get the flats in place.
    Kurt Bradley

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs up New England Seminar

Hey Everyone: Just finalized Kurt will be making his only New England Appearance of the year in Londonderry NH on December 17th and 18th. If your interested in more information please drop me an e-mail at mtetreault@londonderrynh.org.
    Mark

Mark lets try to keep the snow at bay there for a few more weeks eh! It seems the curse is still with me. Sure enough came to Dallas and it snowed yesterday. I can't beleive DFW does not have a WiFi net for free in their terminals here.
    Kurt Bradley

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Hence the reason I went unlimited data/email with the Windows mobile phone, no worries about airports or hotels being down. Most airports that have wifi are taking free back off the table. DFW never was, but most of the time when I went through there I could get close enough to one of the frequent flier lounges to snag a connection from them.

Well couldn't get close to a FF Lounge but founds ome kiosks with hardwire Internet free and multiple charging outlets. I'm a happy camper once again. My sister works for AA and she knew where everythiong was and had some DFW tips for me.
    Kurt Bradley

FH Mag/.com Contributor

And thanks for coming through the region, Houston area is supposed to get snow tonight into tomorrow. First time in 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by BC79er View Post
    And thanks for coming through the region, Houston area is supposed to get snow tonight into tomorrow. First time in 5 years.
    Just call me Iceman!!
    Kurt Bradley

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by ktb9780 View Post
    Just call me Iceman!!
    Glad to see Kurt's reputation is holding up. Snow in texas and a balmy 68 today here in Maine.

And 4 days later look what happens; see you opened your mouth and jinxed it islandfire. LOL! Thankfully I hope it blows itself out by Tuesday when I leave to head North. Looks like a good crowd in Londonderry; a few more seats left for late stragglers.Warmer weather on tap for January when I will be down in Andy's neck of the woods in Deerfield Beach hopefully. Sure beats 5 foot of snow in Minot at that time last year.
    Kurt Bradley

Talking

While it's colder than the dark side of the moon right now, we still have green grass and no snow on the ground out here in the Islands. Inland has had some [8-10 inches] and over in NH has had quite a bit 12 -20 inches.
    I can't make it over to Marks this year as I have a class I'm teaching thats been scheduled since october. Wednesday is supposed to bring more snow slop to the area though just in time for your arrival.

Thread Information