Forum Member

Please sign up! Come to NC!

Timberlake Fire and Rescue will be hosting Kurt on March 19-20, 2011. Timberlake, NC is about an hour from Raleigh and Greensboro - easy to find!

www.firstrespondergrants.com

Come see us!

Forum Member

Well the ICEMAN sure did come to Urbana, IL this week bringing temperatures that were already cold, down into the single and negative digits. The good news though is that not only did he bring the cold weather, but he also some how convinced my second daughter to make her appearance. Kurt and I talked long ago when he set the seminar up that it would be just our luck we would have a baby while he was here...and of course...sure enough! Hope the seminar went well Kurt! Glad I was able to see you for a little while!!

Forum Member

Congrats on #2 Ryan. Best two decisions we ever made are running around our place. Of course #2 just learned how to open doors so looks like I have another project to add to the list...

Forum Member

Thanks Brian! I keep forgetting how small they start out!!

Forum Member

Our #2 didn't, he was born a 3 month old. Now at 14 months only weighs 10lbs less than #1 at 5 years old. I keep hoping for linebacker but looks like he's going to end up as a lineman instead. As long as he gets a scholarship I don't care what position he plays, since that means I can blow the college savings on a Corvette.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by BC79er View Post
    Our #2 didn't, he was born a 3 month old. Now at 14 months only weighs 10lbs less than #1 at 5 years old. I keep hoping for linebacker but looks like he's going to end up as a lineman instead. As long as he gets a scholarship I don't care what position he plays, since that means I can blow the college savings on a Corvette.
    Appears both of you are headed for the mini-van market for a while!LOL
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Forum Member

Congrats again Ryan, I agree with Brian, the best thing I have ever done both run around and keep me on my toes. My wife decided to get it all over at once and have twins, so my now 6 year olds have been a blessing for a few years. Old enough now that we spend a lot of time outdoors and in the woods, gave me a reason to buy a new Yamaha Rhino to get us around. Now I just gotta get a picture of the new dual carseats on the back of the bike Ryan and see if Earl will give a comment on that. At least with my Road King, I can put one in each saddle bag.LOL

Kurt, please do not fly close to us any more, we broke the top ten of all time snowiest winters on record this week, and the cold to go with it. You must have been home during the Christmas period as well, spent a week there and Florida set records a couple of those days for being the coldest on record. Heck I guess that you can keep the cold weather coming as long as you keep heating up the grants for us.

Forum Member

No minivan here, lucky for me the wife hates those things. After we're done driving the current one into the ground next on the list is the 4dr Jeep.

Put the 5y/o on the bike, sat in front of me and tied her to me for the whole 10mph ride around the block. Nice to live in a hood on a dead-end street with only 12 houses, no traffic. Finally got the wife on the bike the other week, now she wants to ride all the time. My evil plan finally worked to get her on it so we take weekend runs and leave the kids at grandmom's house. Might have to get the inspection done soon since it was up in July though...

MembersZone Subscriber

I forgot about the Harley's but then agin right now I think both of you need a SnowCat. Come spring though, maybe time to consider sidecars!
    Kurt Bradley

MembersZone Subscriber

Any of you folks headed to see Brian in Martin TN this weekend? After the class we can go over to the college and watch a double header at the gym for UT Martin's round ballers last home games for the season.

Forum Member

Wish I could hang, flying out of St Louis early Sunday so have to drive back after the workshop. I prefer college hoops anyway, something about watching people actually play hard instead of just trying not to get hurt.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by WJVaughn View Post
    Any of you folks headed to see Brian in Martin TN this weekend? After the class we can go over to the college and watch a double header at the gym for UT Martin's round ballers last home games for the season.
    Be prepared for the cold snap. All I have heard is how cold MA has been since his arrival........the windchill factor was down to single digits.

Forum Member

I think it was below that, was only 13 overnight Monday. Froze the water line on the plane so for the 1st time in 4 years had a flight delay of more than 30 minutes. Knock on wood. St Louis shows OK for this weekend, all above freezing. Hopefully PA will be the same since we just added the suburban Philly workshop. South Dakota is going to be cold no matter what...

MembersZone Subscriber

I think it was below that, was only 13 overnight Monday. Froze the water line on the plane so for the 1st time in 4 years had a flight delay of more than 30 minutes. Knock on wood. St Louis shows OK for this weekend, all above freezing. Hopefully PA will be the same since we just added the suburban Philly workshop. South Dakota is going to be cold no matter what...
    That's what the oldest said.....the dog even refused to go outside.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by onebugle View Post
    That's what the oldest said.....the dog even refused to go outside.
    So good to see that "Iceman" is not the only one with an open refrigerator door following them around this year! LOL!
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

I was there for too long, but saved almost $1200 flying Fri-Tues instead of Sun-Tues, so that's the reason it got cold again. I brought the warm weather with me when I first got there. And they had a bunch of calls drop while we were in class so my increased call volume aura still continues.

Forum Member

It's not that bad in SD, the inch of ice is finally melted off the roads after 2 days and down to 1/2 inch on my concrete driveway after 4 days, it's much worse in the northern region but not bad in the southeast. Supposed to hit 30+ by next week again. Hoping for 50-60 by the time you come up this way in a couple weeks.

Mike

MembersZone Subscriber

Brian you might need those waterproof boots you acquired over the winter. Martin is flat farm land and they are getting hammered with rain today and tomorrow with not a lot of run off. Water will be around a while.

Forum Member

Those we had to turn back in to CIF at FLW, and for some reason they still have me listed as in transit so I can't get issued the stuff down here yet. I'll just bring a wetsuit and rent the hovercraft, I have a lot of points saved up with Avis.

MembersZone Subscriber

The slow opening date for AFG is still giving many of you a chance to attend as I am putting in some late spring dates for classes. Looks like I am headed for Alabama on April 16-17 i Phenix City. Ft Mitchell FD hosting me in there.
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

Doing the same here, might as well make hay while the DHS is sleeping. Have to move the SD one back a week because Guard changed OCS weekends on us, but still coming to PA next weekend. Looking for spots for more as is Kurt I'm sure so email one of us to come on down.

Forum Member

For those of you that may still be looking to get up to date and have a
    fighting chance in this year's upcoming AFG, Ft. Mitchell VFD here in Phenix
    City, Al will be hosting Kurt in on April 16-17 for what will probably be
    his final class this year, prior to the opening of the 2011 AFG. Still seats
    available here and believe it or not, the weather is warm ( no worries about
    snow here). Come down and enjoy some good ole Southern Hospitality. Sign up
    on Kurt's website at
    http://firstrespondergrants.com/page..._view/class/27 .

Forum Member

Heading to SD on the 26th, might end up with a couple more locations myself. Still time, but DJs coming soon so either way folks on the fence might want to pop into something with someone. After all if you get funded you need another project, and if not need to make sure re-submitting is the right thing to do with a narrative polishing.

Forum Member

And I'm sure Brian will fill folks in at seminars, but resubmitting a narrative this year will take a little more than polishing as the narrative format will be changing.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SLY4420 View Post
    And I'm sure Brian will fill folks in at seminars, but resubmitting a narrative this year will take a little more than polishing as the narrative format will be changing.
    Tell more...

Thread Information