Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1623242526272829 ... LastLast
    Forum Member

Hint: think FP app.

Forum Member

Default SD Seminar

Anyone in the upper midwest (South Dakota) wanting to attend a seminar let Brian or myself know. March 26 in Wagner SD. Not many in this area so take advantage of them when they come this direction and pick their brains Should be a nice weekend to be in SD.
    Mike

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Upcoming Grant Class

The postponement of the opening date for AFG till late May or June has allowed us to get Kurt to come West for a last minute class and hopefully without his usual “ice and snowman moniker”.

The Kiowa Fire Protection District here in Colorado ( Southeast of Denver) will be hosting him on May 21 and 22. Anyone seeking the latest information on 2011 AFG is welcome to attend.

For further information and to register go here http://firstrespondergrants.com/page/class_list

Quote Originally Posted by Lump532 View Post
    The postponement of the opening date for AFG till late May or June has allowed us to get Kurt to come West for a last minute class and hopefully without his usual “ice and snowman moniker”.

The Kiowa Fire Protection District here in Colorado ( Southeast of Denver) will be hosting him on May 21 and 22. Anyone seeking the latest information on 2011 AFG is welcome to attend.

For further information and to register go here http://firstrespondergrants.com/page/class_list
    Yea and that part about "no snow and ice" had better hold true!LOL
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

"Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Forum Member

Default Kurtshop Scheduled

The Mill Spring (NC) VFD will host Kurt April 30-May 1. Mill Spring is in western NC between Asheville NC and Spartanburg SC. It appears most of the seats will be taken by departments in Polk County but there is still space available.

If there is any question about the value of these workshops, the Mill Spring department has received more than $800,000 in grants (AFG, SAFER and others) since first listening to Kurt in 2006. That's a flat-out plug, because it works.

Register on Kurt's website, and come see us.

Charles

OK fence sitters... it appears that luck is running out for those of you who did not see your names on todays' award listing. Time to lick your wounds and climb back up on that horse again. Next year will be no less competitive than this year. I am sure BC79er has stuck in a couple of more classes as have I because of the delay in opening of the 2011 AFG but, don't miss us if we are within a days drive of you. I have last minute classes in NC, CO and MI all going later this month or in May.
    Kurt Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by TheRev View Post
    The Mill Spring (NC) VFD will host Kurt April 30-May 1. Mill Spring is in western NC between Asheville NC and Spartanburg SC. It appears most of the seats will be taken by departments in Polk County but there is still space available.

If there is any question about the value of these workshops, the Mill Spring department has received more than $800,000 in grants (AFG, SAFER and others) since first listening to Kurt in 2006. That's a flat-out plug, because it works.

Register on Kurt's website, and come see us.

Charles
    OK Charles, packing the bags to head up there on Friday. Now remember; NO SNOW is the deal here. For anyone in NC/SC/TN/GA this is my last class prior to 2011 AFG opening for the SE regional area. Still some seats available if you hurry.
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ktb9780 View Post
    OK Charles, packing the bags to head up there on Friday. Now remember; NO SNOW is the deal here. For anyone in NC/SC/TN/GA this is my last class prior to 2011 AFG opening for the SE regional area. Still some seats available if you hurry.
    No snow, I promise. Just great mountain weather. In fact, the weekend will be so nice you'll have to dance better than ever to keep people inside.
    Charles

It was a good class Rev, thanks for having me up there. Beautiful area too! Off agin this time headed to the north woods of Michigan at Oxford FD on Sat and Sunday. Back for a week and then off to Colorado near Castle Rock in Kiowa.Still seats available in both for any late comers!

Hey Michigan, are you listening? Your last snow flurries better have been last week! I have already packed the winter parka away for this year.
    Kurt Bradley

Michigan was beautiful so you guys can thank me for bringing my weather with me for once. Aside from the mis-step from boat to dock and the subsequent dunking I took in a still frigid Michigan lake, it was great being there guys. By the way, the knee is healing, no blown ACL, thank God.

Now if I can just make sure Colorado keeps the snow on the western slope next week, I'll be fine! Still room in the Kiowa FD class folks for those Johnny come lately!
    Kurt Bradley

Good Lord 37 degrees and rain, the curse never ends! Woke up out here in the Colorado boonies thankfully without the white stuff but, goodness gracious this is May 21, not January 21st. It was 92 degrees at home when I left and now this? Oh my aching joints! Hey at least the mountains covered in snow is a change in scenery for me.
    Kurt Bradley

Well looks like I am done for this season unless someone else has 10 people they can pull together quickly and I might be able to sneak one or two more classes in during June. Give me a shout if there are any last minute requests out there.
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

Well looks like I am done for this season unless someone else has 10 people they can pull together quickly and I might be able to sneak one or two more classes in during June. Give me a shout if there are any last minute requests out there.
    I am thinking about the 2012 Summit/Seminar.

Any ideas on where it might be so I can start hammering away for support?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by jam24u View Post
    I am thinking about the 2012 Summit/Seminar.

Any ideas on where it might be so I can start hammering away for support?
    New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by onebugle View Post
    New Orleans
    With Dr Sly as the "social activities director"! LOL!
    Kurt Bradley

MembersZone Subscriber

Default New Hampshire NASCAR

Hey Everyone:
    Looks like we will be hosting Kurt in New Hampshire on September 22,and 23! If you are looking at making this a vacation the NASCAR race is at nearby New Hampshire Motor Sppedway on September 25th. (2nd race in the chase) This is the fourth year Kurt has made the trip to NH and will likley be the first year without snow, although you never know when the Ice Man is in town. Hope to see you all in September!
    Mark

http://www.nhms.com/schedule/nascar/sylvania_300/
    Last edited by mwtetreault; 06-14-2011 at 11:35 AM. Reason: add link

Quote Originally Posted by mwtetreault View Post
    Hey Everyone:
    Looks like we will be hosting Kurt in New Hampshire on September 22,and 23! If you are looking at making this a vacation the NASCAR race is at nearby New Hampshire Motor Sppedway on September 25th. (2nd race in the chase) This is the fourth year Kurt has made the trip to NH and will likley be the first year without snow, although you never know when the Ice Man is in town. Hope to see you all in September!
    Mark

http://www.nhms.com/schedule/nascar/sylvania_300/
    Looks like that may be just in time for the SAFER and FP&S grants also. Maybe this time I get to see my boy Clint Bowyer win there again and not have it ripped off from him this time. LOL!
    Kurt Bradley

Talking

Looks like that may be just in time for the SAFER and FP&S grants also. Maybe this time I get to see my boy Clint Bowyer win there again and not have it ripped off from him this time. LOL!
    I don't think Nascar has snow tires Kurt !!!!!!!!

:-}
    We all know about what happens to the weather when you're in town.
    Anyone planning to go had better book a motel as soon as Mark has a firm date. Every room within 50 miles gets booked out for the roundy rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by islandfire03 View Post
    I don't think Nascar has snow tires Kurt !!!!!!!!

:-}
    We all know about what happens to the weather when you're in town.
    Anyone planning to go had better book a motel as soon as Mark has a firm date. Every room within 50 miles gets booked out for the roundy rounds.
    Well heck, just squirted the water on that fire didn't ya islandfire? Forget about the hotel situation driving up room costs and taking them all up. Called up there yesterday and they wanted almost $260 a night at Hampton,. Gonna have to re-think this one I believe. Thanks for the heads up
    Kurt Bradley

Talking

Well heck, just squirted the water on that fire didn't ya islandfire? Forget about the hotel situation driving up room costs and taking them all up. Called up there yesterday and they wanted almost $260 a night at Hampton,. Gonna have to re-think this one I believe. Thanks for the heads up
    Thats what happens when you bring one hundred thousand rednecks to Tiny little Louden NH twice a year for the weekend.
    Most rooms within 35 miles are booked out a year in advance. Some of the race teams have even leased big estate houses out for them to stay over on the lake.

we worked EMS at the track for close to 20 years,& we always parked our 30 ft camper behind the ambulance barn. Never had far to go when nap time happens.

Thread Information